Should men be allowed to wear leggings in public and at work?

Asked by: comebuild
  • Functional and comfortable

Leggings for guys in sport serve a purpose and are extremely comfortable to wear. I wear sports compression tights which assist my jogging but reducing pain in my shins due to graduated compression. To me they allow me to get on with the activities Im doing. I also wear a longer shirt over the top for dignity too which is more than I can say for some women out there, so there is no reason why anyone has cause for complaint.

• If you look at today's world, sure

Considering girls wear leggings, it would be unfair for guys not to wear leggings. If one were to say that it looks better of girls, does that mean someone who is considered ugly should not wear them? Someone could say that in general girls look better in them and therefore should be allowed to wear them at all. If that is the case, I do not think leggings should be allowed for anyone.
    This question could also get at whether leggings are appropriate at all. If leggings are only for people who look good, they are a type of clothing that is meant for lust. Clothing should be about expressing one's self. If not everyone can wear the particular piece of clothing, no one should be able to.

• Yeah sure why not

Well I think we should first allow women/ girls to wear them at school and stuff first because it was originally designed for them. Anyways, if men feel comfortable enough to wear leggings, then why not! Its just clothing and we shouldn't restrict their choice to wear what they want.

• Leggings is for all to enjoy

If women can wear leggings in public without being shamed on, I don't see the reason why men can't as well. This has to do with sexism. If you don't want sexism in this world, then men can surely wear leggings in public. Leggings are extremely comfortable and women aren't the only ones that can enjoy this level of comfortable outside of their homes. I have seen fat girls wearing leggings and they don't look flattering, but they wear it anyways. Men should be able to do the same.

• Would be fair to accept it.

The arguments for the no and the whole bulge thing is more of a personal problem for the other guy. If a guy wears them right, (longer shirt) yeah. . . I wear em everywhere but work. If someone wants to wear baggies (baggy pants) they can. The same ridicule comes into play no matter what you wear. Time for guys to be able to wear what they want and expand the wardrobe beyond jeans and khakis. This is the 2000s people.

• Would be fair to accept it.

• To each their own.

I have reached a point in my life that comfort is paramount. I have many pairs of yoga pants, Tights, Leggings, Stretch jeans that are not only for men but also for women, Bike shorts and on and on and on. I lost count a long time ago of the total number of items of spandex clothing in my possession. I love the tightness, The smoothness, The look, The feel and above all else the comfort. Heck I have a quite a few pair of leotards that I love to wear over my tights. Face it, I am addicted and I love it. . . WOOOHHOOOOO!

• I Love My Leggings!

I'm male and wear leggings most of the time. Recently drove across the country and wore black leggings every day. Mixed it up between Nike, Lululemon and a few other brands. Wore a long t-shirt or sweatshirt and Converse shoes. Most comfortable trip ever. Don't really care what people think. We spend way too much time judging each other instead of making our world a better place.

• Yes to leggings

I have a couple pairs of meggings some nike tights and under armour and two black and one pair of grey leggings in womens stay i just purchased and 3/4 tights in women s style. Women's leggings are cheaper and no knows I even started to waer panties cotton bikini and hip huggers and some from v s wife knows and when I buy new stuff she gets new stuff too so we are both happy and comfortable

• Yes on leggings

Yes wiser leggings a lot nike and two pair of
    meggings I have started to wae r women s panties too
    more comfortable than men's underwear just everyday Jupiter and bikini style it took the the a little bit to get used to but if I buy panties she gets some too I going to start buying woman's leggings now cheaper and it's fun to tease people with panty lines and see thru leggings I'll waar light color panty lol

• What's next? Skirt, purse and stockings??

Men should look like men. Not like woman or drag queen. It simply looks silly if meggings are not weared only for sport and fitness purpose. In work? Come on! It's inappropriate to be dressed like a woman in other places than a pride parade. Better wear skinny jeans :)

• Is a right

All me should have the right to wear whatever they want if they wanna wear leggings let them if they wanna wear a dress let them wear a dress men should have a freedom it's no fair that girls are allowed wearing boy clothes and boys are not allowed wearing girl clothes there's a tip (FREEDOM)

• Is a right

• Two questions in one

The question is a bit irrelevant (or poorly formulated).
    First off, men ARE allowed to wear leggings in public. If you're fearful of opinions about you've 2 choices: deal with them or put some jeans, LOL.
    Second, when regarding work, you should dress apporpiately simply because when you're at work you represent your firm (or enterprise, or whatever), not yourself.
    When you're yourself (personal life) you can dress as you want, but when you're part of an enterprise, a firm, whatever, you should respect whichever dress code suits the people who pay you.

• Ew plz no

Its disgusting lol like all the bulge and stuff, Inapropriate. Ban them lol. Hah a gv v h h h h h h h g hbvb bb bhb bb h bh hbhh h b0b bb bhb gv vgv vv vvvj gghb hhbb h j i i i u u u j

• Yes why not

If girls are allowed to wear them boys should to. Most of this comes to sexism girls are allowed to wear boys clothes so why can't boys wear them to this is people thinking you are gay I walk around in them 2/47 the fit they are functional so why not

• Because it is pathetic

No, for the same reason that women shouldn't wear leggings in public unless they are on their way to a workout at the gym, because it looks like you've given up on life and don't care how you look, or what anybody thinks about you. Nothing says "I just rolled out of bed and don't give a *&^%" more than leggings, except maybe having bed head and smelling like Friday night at a bar. Leggings are the sweatpants of the new generation, the same as sweatpants, knee high stripped socks, dirty tennis shoes, and t-shirts were decades ago. Leggings say I just don't give a single *&^% about myself, you, or anybody else, because it's my right to wear the same stupid lazy crap as the rest of the Walmart crowd.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

No one should be subjected to strolling down the street and catching a glimpse of a dude's cock bulge. It is bad enough catching a camel toe. We as a society really do not need nor desire to catch a dong bulge in a pair of man tights. At least wear a cod piece please.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

kflanagan84 says2017-08-04T15:41:42.033
I have worn underarmor, Nike, and a few other brands of men's leggings and I like them. They are comfortable and keep you warm in the winter. Wear whatever is comfortable.
>