• Yes, middle and high schools should have recess.

I think a fifteen minute break to get a snack would be good for teenagers. I am not saying they should go out to the playground, but a snack break would be helpful. Teenagers get hungry too, and they are not allowed to eat in class. A small break may help them study and pay attention a little better.

• Yes, they should.

The brain is a lot like a computer and it needs 'quick saves' every now and again to back up data. Giving the mind time to relax between courses is healthy and helpful to younger people whose brains are still growing and whose learning potential is so much higher than an adult's.

• Definitely we should

I am 18 and a senior in highschool and I still say we should have recess. 25 minute lunch is a nice break but students don't get any physical excersize. I used to take weight training and can definitely see a difference in my productivity and awareness when I took it vs now. The only reason I can't take it is I have an ap as an "elective" and a language. I'm also ADHD so I get extremely jittery if I do not do sports or communicate. However even people without ADHD still should benefit from recess. People keep complaining about their kids not getting enough exersize or being to hyper yet nobody does anything in school other than have doctors proscribe aderal which for MW exercise works twice as well as taking a drug that makes me angry and not hungry.

• Yes middle schoolers should have recess!

They should have recess because the obesity rates in America are more than high....Kids need more excersie than sitting in a chair all day.. Recess would also make blood flow go to the brain when kids run around so they can do better in school work....They are still kids.....Kids also need social interaction....

• Middle schoolers and high schoolers should have breaks....

When I get into middle school next year I want to have recess because kids who don't get breaks from school work will stop paying attention in class. Our grades might decrease because so much is crammed into our minds and their is no time just to talk to our friends. My aunt teaches high school and I teach there sometimes too. The kids get quarters off and they have great grades (I can tell because I grade their papers.!!) this is what all kids should have, breaks.

• Siesta time yes!

Two short 15 minute breaks allows students to relax. Also, many jobs require two short breaks, such as nurses and technicians (in fact all union jobs require breaks.) In many Spanish countries a siesta time is set aside during the work day to relax. High school students are so stressed out, a recess gives students a much needed break time.

• Everyone benefits from a break!

Research dating back to the late 1800's proves that students will learn better and faster when their efforts are distributed, not concentrated. That is, work that includes breaks and down time proves more effective than in long stretches. A snack and a 15 minutes break would "refresh the students mind"

• Yes, we need recess.

I am a junior in high school and all I can think about is how I can't wait to get home and relax. School is stressful with all the work they give us. It would make every student relieved to have a 15 minute break to catch up in a class or study for an upcoming test, or even just sit and relax until their next class. Our minds need a break during the day instead of being told to sit down, shut up, learn. It's a lot of pressure and we can't take it. Teachers want to know why we don't do our homework? This. This is why.

• Yes need to

I believe that middle and high school kids should have recess because it will help them focus in class, and it would get their energy out, and we won't feel tired and run down after every class. Also if none of us wanted to play we could hang out with friends, and it would be fun.

• Have more fun in school

Students work themselves to the bone in school doing work and need some breaks as a kid you want to live while your young. A big part of this is socializing in school with their peers. This is not a big request due to the fact that recess is only 10-15 min long and students need to release some energy

• Yes we should

High school’s need recess to help us stay active and healthy. It helps us stay close to friends and not be antisocial. I think a fifteen minute break to get a snack would be good for teenagers. I am not saying they should go out to the playground, but a snack break would be helpful. Teenagers get hungry too, and they are not allowed to eat in class. A small break may help them study and pay attention a little better. They should have recess because the obesity rates in America are more than high....Kids need more exercise than sitting in a chair all day.. Recess would also make blood flow go to the brain when kids run around so they can do better in school work They are still kids also need social interaction. Research dating back to the late 1800's proves that students will learn better and faster when their efforts are distributed, not concentrated. That is, work that includes breaks and downtime proves more effective than in long stretches. A snack and a 15 minutes break would "refresh the student's mind" Because kids need to get things off there mind it's not like they're going to play on a playground like little kid because their older but they should still get fresh air, exercise, and they just need to get out there. And just out of the blue what if a student is going to leave that day and they want to talk to their friends about it. Yes,people should have recess in high school in middle school. Kids should have time to play and enjoy there self. Also kids do not want to learn all day. And it gives teachers a break too by just sitting down not worrying about the school grades. Teenagers should be able to have fun too.
    Yes we need to have recess.
    We want to have recess to have fun and also to rest. We want to play with friends and visit to have more fun to play. We wish we could have recess for middle school and high school. We always love to have a recess to sit to rest, play, and visit with our best friends. We want to have two recess times.

• No recess for high schoolers

High schoolers are to old. I interviewed my sister and she even said that recess would be boring and she is WAY to old for that stuff. And they won't run around like little kids do, if anything they should go to the gym, not run around like little kids

• No because then it would take learning time off and we only have so much time in school.

I already said why
    Because it would take learning time off of school and because we are already older
    We don't need reccess but it would be nice to have a 5 minute snack break so that is my opinion on this why middle schoolers and high schoolers should have recess or not

• Unnecessary for older students.

Catering to time wasting nonsense is one of the reasons our students cannot concentrate on tasks for any given period of time. Middle and high schoolers are not small children who have to eat every couple of hours. Middle and high schoolers arlso have study halls, which serve as free periods.

• Recess is for little kids

In the UK Recess is called Play break but I learnt the word on Disney channel in 90s. They have started to build play area things in UK schools what they didn't have when I was little. But I know in America you always had them e.g. swings and slides Recess sounded more fun. But its for little kids. Would teenagers want to go on play area things whee down the slide? How about playing hopscotch??

• Students have Grown out of Recess over the Years

According to the Program for International Student Assessment, the United States ranked 38 out of 71 countries worldwide for its teenage students’ academic ability. The leading countries include Singapore, Japan, and Hong Kong. All three of these schools have one thing in common that lead to their success: no recess.
    Secondary schools should not have recess because it takes up class time, requires more supervision, and students already have enrichment and physical education as breaks throughout the day.
    To start, recess takes away time that could be spent learning and establishing good academic habits. Agustin Orci, a deputy superintendent from Nevada, complained that a fifteen minute recess would take half-an-hour, almost as much as one of our class periods, because of having to calm down the students, take them outside, and bring them back inside. This waste of time could be spent to boost academics in schools and eventually, raise test scores for the United States.
    Another reason secondary schools should not have recess is because it requires more supervision. In order to have a safe outdoor recess time, teachers or adults need to be present, no matter how old the students are. However, budget cuts and money issues prevent many schools from being able to add these positions and their pay to the money they spend. This creates an entirely new problem that schools don’t have the time or money to deal with.
    Lastly, secondary schools already have physical education and enrichment to provide a break for students. Students have plenty of physical activity throughout the week with gym class. Even if teens had recess, very few would actually spend it completing a daily workout. At least in gym class students are guaranteed 45 minutes of being active.
    Given these points, secondary schools should not have recess because it is a waste of time, requires a lot of supervision, and teens already get physical activity from gym class.

• No Never No

Because they are bigger and it can be way more violant they what they were in elamentry school expecily if you are doing football or soccer. You can get hurt and you can be kicked out for the rest of the season because of your injury. It can be painful.

• Kids need to get used to no recess

You know in jobs they don't have recess. They would stress out if they don't. Even in middle school and high school. If they do have breaks, in life they will probably be busy and go nuts. Even though recess is very important to a child, you really should recommend not having recess. But, they should have some free time if they do have time on their hands.

• Kids need to get used to no recess

• Recess is unnecesary.

I think that recess is good for elementary schoolers, but not for middle schoolers. I have found 5 reliable sources, and one semi-reliable source, but they support my idea very well.
    I think recess should be banned for middle schoolers because of there is more curricular material in middle school to prepare you for the real world. The New York Times supports that middle grades are to prepare kids for the real world, where you can’t say “I need a break from working on helping this company stay intact for recess” (Gonchar). An study from Teacher Habits shows that kids with recess elementary through middle will not be as successful as the ones who only have recess in elementary. (morph) My point and evidence states my strongly opinion on middle school recess. There are many more reasons why Middle school doesn’t need recess, but this is the main reason.
    Middle schoolers are most likely to pick on other kids when they are not supervised, and recess gives them freedom to do that. The NBPC, (National Bullying Prevention Center) the Department of Education, and the prevention hotline have fairly recent information on this. In 2016 The NBPC recorded that 20.8% of middle schoolers are bullied with supervision of staff. If there was no staff watching this percentage will go up to 49.3%. In 2015 the Department of Education that there is a 98% chance of kids being bullied at a recess. They then stopped recess for middle schoolers, and there was a 50% chance of students being bullied. That is not a great number, but much better without recess. The suicide hotline as of 2012 said that every 4 out of 10 calls were about middle schoolers being bullied on the playground, compared to other reasons.
    This is serious information and well supportive details on another reason why kids in middle school are only hurts them.
    Information on middle schoolers not having recess is hard to find because that 81% of arguments on this topic are written by elementary students who will attend middle school next year and hate school. This statement may be found very sterotipical, but the sight below, http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-middle-and-high-schools-have-recess, the first point for yes is written by an elementry student who is going int middle school, and he clearly states that he hates school and thinks it’s too much work, and that he needs a break from school. The majority of the points written for no are by middle schoolers and high schoolers who say that there is too much work to have an extra hour of recess when they already have an hour of lunch and gym. This proves that articles that say middle school needs recess are unreliable sources.
    These are three reasons why middle schoolers don’t need more distractions the they already have.

nachoooo says2018-02-12T16:48:39.787
YOOOOOOOO
nachoooo says2018-02-12T16:48:49.097
Yoooooooooo
>