• Students should be able to sit by each other in lunch.

Students should be able to sit where they please in lunch. They should be allowed to do this because it lets them socialize before they start the end period class. If you you don't let them talk during that lunch time they will probably talk to their friends in class. Although we give up some of rights when we go to school it shouldn't mean that they dictate who we talk to. If schools got the choice of who we talk to where would be in the world. Another problem is if schools dictate where students sit we could end up having less people on the table thus making less friends.

• Free seating at lunch

I believe students should have free seating because it deprives students of a social skill they will need in life. There is only one good reason for assigned seating and that is to fight off bullying, but if someone would just give us middleschooler a chance we can show that there is way more kind souls than there are bullies.

• We should be able to!

I'm a 6th grader, and I have two friends that sit at a different table than me. Administrators say that they make us- FORCE us to sit at an assigned table say that it's for our own safety. But what do we need to be safe from?.. Exactly. Nothing! Are they afraid that we'll do some crazy crap or something? That's rediculous. Me- and MANY others- say "YES!"! We need to be able to sit wherever! IT'S A FREE COUNTRY!!!

• We need a choice of were to sit

I'm 12 years old and personally I feel that we should have free seating and when I say this I'm speaking for the kids who get bullied at lunch or the kids who never see their friends the whole day I was recently told by school officials that I must go back to my original assigned seat after getting permission to sit with them now I sit alone across the whole cafeteria from my friends in the same lunch period as the girl who hates me and one of my friends who I sat with is in the same situation we both sit alone like most of the kids in the cafeteria if we were allowed to sit were we wanted we would not be permitted to just socializing with certain people if we had free seating there's more likely of a chance that we would make more friends and on terms of how loud it could get if we chose are seats the staff can always set noise limits and if u reach it u could be punished that's why I would agree to free seating( forgive my horrendous grammar I'm a 7th grader)

• We need to fight back!

All of those who have assigned seating, we need to be loud and fight back! People may tell you to pick your battles, or don't bother because it's not worth fighting for. I believe that as long as there is passion and belief in your cause, whatever it is, ANYTHING is worth fighting for. In history, those who fought for justice achieved it, while those who lived with it didn't. Stand tall, be proud, and don't let ANYONE stop you from getting back free seating!

• Schools should have free seating!

Really realize that students need to have some break with friends, maybe it will decrease the irresponsibility in classrooms and help them vent out. I'm talking to you Paul Cavaliere ( our princaple ). It will really help kids vent out and stop depression. Free seating will really help students.

• They should have free seating

Children want to expand their social boundaries, but they can't expand anything if they are subject to the same seats with the same people each day. Sure, bonds would be strengthened, but what if the children round a student were all of his/her bullies? How would that help the child in any way?

• Kids should have free seating

This is because they want to sit with their friends, and their friends may be in a different grade. Usually, in elementary school you HAD to sit in a certain spot. Also, if there are no free seats available at the lunch table, they can just go to a different table.

• I agree that students should have free seating during lunch

For my ELA homework i have to a persuasive essay on why students should be allowed sit with their friends during lunch.I know how it is like to want to sit with my friends during lunch.The good is with sitting with your friends at lunch it help you with your social skills like if your in a press-confrence and somebody ask you a question you can answer it right away with the snap of a finger.Thats why i agree why middle school students should sit with their friend.One more thing, I'm 12 in the 6 grade but that doesn't slow me down

• Yes, of course students should have free-sit!

They should be able to sit with their friends. If they get loud or disobey, there's always the option of consequences. A lot of them don't have classes together and don't really have much time to communicate to each other in school. Sometimes you just need your friends to be there with you when you have bad days. If you don't give them free-sit, wouldn't they talk a lot during class and not pay attention? Then they would get bad grades and isn't that bad for the school's reputation? I strongly believe in students having free-sit during lunch.

• Yes this is why

This is America. FREEDOM!!! Freedom doesn't come in packages boxes or bags. It's earning the the students should have it as a basic right. Just sayin dudes. It true we need to slow down and pick who we want friends! Who's with me?? Yaaaaa! To be serious yes. We need to be able to pick.

• No, No and No!

Bullying happens! Lunch is very chaotic and when you place kids with friends, they might go crazy! You may also make new friends and you can also have fun sitting with people that you don't know. Our school did this and a lot of kids got in trouble for writing petitions! Such as... A boy with the initials FL, another boy with the initials JF and a girl with the initial GD

• Kids should not sit wherever they want in the lunchroom.

Kids should mix up where they sit in the cafeteria. This can help break up cliques and prevent bullying. When kids change who they sit by each day, they get to know everyone, not just their friends. I am in JHS and from all my schooling experience from the past almost decade I have only gotten to know everyone that I know because of assigned seating.
    ~TheBritishEmber

• It will cause the destruction of the school

Assigned seats will help the kids interact with other students and they could possible make new friends. Assigned seats will bring students closer as friends. It will stop the destruction in the cafeteria. If the have free seating the will go crazy an bounce of the walls. Assigned seats is the answer

• It creates a wonderful environment for kids

I believe that there should be assigned seating during middle school lunches because it cuts down on bullying extremely as well as giving children the opportunity to create new bonds with others. It also gives you a new perspective on how lunch should be, it will make multiple new friendships some that last a lifetime

• We cant have fun

If we have lunch seats we cant have fun and we wont eat and get to know each other and that is stupid because we dont even get to talk and i am a third grader i think it should not be a thing it is stupid no more lunch seats

• Kids should mix up where they sit at lunch.

This will help break up cliques and prevent bullying. You might say that there should be free seating because of needed social interaction, but that is what they will get when they don't have free seating. If you change up your seat each day, whether on purpose or not, then you will get to know everyone, not just their friends. I am now in JHS and from all my years at my school, I have only become friends with everyone because of assigned seating.
    ~TheBritishEmber

• Heck to tha noooooooooooooo

N o no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no non nonnonooooooooooooooo no ono on no no no no no no no no n on no nnnnnnnnnnnooooooo

• Schools should have free seating!

Although many teachers argue that free seating causes problems and chaos in the cafeteria, I believe assigned seats with just cause more hostility between the students and the school. This will make the students less attentive in classes and more rebellious towards the school. Free seating is a definite yes!

• No :'( I am sad

I sit alone EVEry day. Nobody likes me because they think Im a loser. But really, I am a freak. When they assign people to sit next to me, they will see the true, freaky me, and not just the loser they think i am. I will scare them off, and i will be proud. I just need to sit next to people first.

coolkid21 says2019-02-19T18:42:59.360
Ligma