• It's fine as long as they know internet safety and they're not spending too much time on it.

I think It's perfectly fine for kids 13 and older to be on social media as long as they're not spending too much time on it and they know about internet safety. I know that social media can be dangerous but sites like YouTube can provide good benefits such as teaching them something new ( examples would be ways to cope with a bully) and YouTube also has fitness channels so they can also start experimenting with exercise to see what types of exercise they enjoy and this can also help motivate teenagers to start working out. However I also think that there are some teenagers who shouldn't have Facebook at all such as those teens who bully other kids or teens who post inappropriate pictures of themselves on the internet. However if you're worried about your kids getting cyberbullied or that they'll come across a pedophile on the internet then just tell them not to except friend requests from people they don't know unless It's someone that their friends know or someone that you know and teach your child the difference between a fake profile and a real one, Also don't let them hang out with anyone they meet online until you meet them first.

• Why not let them?

Telling kids not to do something is the quickest way to make them do it - speaking from personal experience here. Kids need to learn and there are already restrictions in place, But that doesn't stop people younger than 13. Sometimes it can be toxic, But it's a developing world and we need to let the younger generations explore it.

• Hi hi hi

Teens should have social media account because is can help them with their homework or to stay in touch with their friends if kids don't have a social media account stuff can really go wrong they will forget their friends and get low grades and they won't see what their friends are doing. - by the same pearson 😄

• Yes of course

YES OF COURSE THEY SHOULD Teens should have social media account because is can help them with their homework or to stay in touch with their friends if kids don't have a social media account stuff can really go wrong they will forget their friends and get low grades and they won't see what their friends are doing. - by the same pearson 😄

• Kids should have a media account

Kids should have social media account because is can help them with their homework or to stay in touch with their friends if kids don't have a social media account stuff can really go wrong they will forget their friends and get low grades and they won't see what their friends are doing.

• I did my part now do yours subscribe to PEWDIEPIE

I did my part now do yours subscribe to PEWDIEPIE I don’t have to the book fair I will play with them because if they were going out to do anything I will get to see you because if I did I was trying it because if you do that they can get you a new house so they will be

• Yes, Kids should have social media.

Kids only want to explore more about the world. Social media is a tiny step for a big success. Social media helps kids know how others understand the world, And kids will know more. They will understand what others think. They're curious about many things, So let them explore and learn by themselves. Stop stopping them from doing this and that, Let them do it. They talk to others, Have fun, Learn. It's a part of success. Yes, Kids should be allowed to have social media.

• Yes, Children should be allowed to have social media.

Letting children using social media is a way to let them look at the world in others vision and try to understand others. With social media, Kids know the world better, And they get to have fun and learn from other people. Kids also want to explore and try new things. So let them do it, Stop worrying about this and that. Kids also have a brain, Kids understand things too. They know things more than you think what they know. They know right and wrong, And they just want to explore the world through a tiny step using social media. They're just curious and wants to know what others think, How others see the world. STOP STOPPING THEM FROM DOING IT! Let them explore! Kids should be allowed to have social media.

• Who cares just let the kids to what they want if the parent doesnt want them do it then they can tell them

Let the kids do what ever they want don't ban anything its the childs and the parents decision if they want use to social media or not not the schools so the school shouldnt be in charge of banning things like that in the first place. . . . .

• As long as you teach them how to use it, there shouldn't be a problem.

I think minors should be allowed to have social media. As long they are taught how to correctly use it then there shouldn't be any problems. For example me. When I first started using social media I was like in 5th or 6th grade. But before they allowed me to make my accounts, my parents taught me to be careful. Not to share any personal information with people who I don't know. They also taught me to be cautious with the things I post and to obviously NEVER EVER agree to meet up with someone in person. Also if anyone ever bothered me, for me to go tell them right away. To this day, I still use social media but still haven't had any major issues with it. This is all thanks to my parents who taught me how to be safe on the internet. So as long as children know this there shouldn't be any major problems. If there are, monitor the child's social media.

• Kids are born stupid until taught and prove otherwise, Which usually takes about 25 years give or take.

What age is the brain fully developed?
    The rational part of a teen's brain isn't fully developed and won't be until age 25 or so. In fact, Recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, The brain's rational part.
    Understanding the Teen Brain - Health Encyclopedia - University of. . .
    Https://www. Urmc. Rochester. Edu/encyclopedia/content. Aspx? ContentTypeID=1. . . 3051

• I don't think so

Because some kids will do either something inappropriate. They don't need to be addicted to something (like being on your accounts). I mean at 15 years old i am perfectly fine without one and i don't get bullied very often or i don't want to bully any one else to make them feel bad. And i want to have time to do other things too and to not be glued to a phone seeing how many friends you have. So i just don't see the need of having one

• Please, No. It's not a necessity; it's a road block.

I was raised without social media, Yes, But almost everyone around me has a social media account. I've noticed that between my non-Instagram friends and my every-social-media-possible friends, The ones like me are much more reasonable in conversation. Regardless of if it is politics or a history lecture, They will openly listen to other people, Wait for them to be done, Think about it, And then offer their side, Without sounding overbearing or authoritative.

On the other hand, Social media centered kids (Like it or not, Oftentimes once you have it, You become addicted. Just watch Simon Sinek's The Millennial Question. ) refute something said as soon as they find that it is disagreeable to them. While I admit, It may be habitual or personality wise, It definitely does not occur in my friends raised without social media.

Secondly, The internet is a place where people lie, Cheat, And scorn. They're called minors for a reason. They haven't matured yet and they don't necessarily understand the consequences of the littlest things. That boy your 14 year old daughter thinks is cute and sweet and funny might actually be a thirty year old that still lives with his parents and deals on the weekends. It might be worst case scenario, But they haven't learned the things fake trust can do. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO MONITOR EVERYTHING THEY DO. They will make mistakes, True, But what mistakes they make is up to parents teachings their kids the right things at the right time. Social media isn't the right way to teach them those lessons. It's a harsh world online.

So please, No. No social media. I grew up without it, And I'm not better than anyone, But I sure learned things faster and safer than some.

• Why do they need one?

For many teenagers and pre-teens, they are led to believe that social media is a social necessity. They are under the impression that in order to be cool and in the loop, they need a social media account. Now, adapting to the times, teachers require specific accounts and smart phone applications for homework, grades, quizzes, tests, debates, or to simply contact them. It can be difficult to get along successfully in school without a device. This not only decreases perceived individual worth by creating an unrealistic ideal expectation, but also shapes how they want others to behave and look. It becomes dangerous.
    Providing minors access to so much internet content is not a good idea. Their perception of reality is altered. They have unrealistic expectations. They have access to addictive things that not even a mature audience should view. They loose the ability to decifer fact from fiction. They believe all the political jargon they see online. They stop developing individual and unique opinions. They perform less in academics when they get to college and are held to a higher standard. They get ideas about how to "quick fix" their problems. They become disconnected from the real world. They lack face to face interaction that becomes vital to successful careers. The list goes on and on.
    Why? Why do we need to change? This recent shift causes students to develop bad habits that they can carry with them through adult hood. They loose the ability to think critically for themselves, use printed resources, perform deep/critical/arduous/important research, and problem solve.

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no non no no

• ABSOLUTELY NOT. It is only to dumb them down and make them victims

Children don't have the capacity to understand non face-to-face reactions. They do not need 24/7 stimulation. Their brains are not developed yet to take all of this in and understand what they are seeing. Why would you let a small child have access to something they can see x-rated stuff on so easily? They do not need the ability for adults they do not know to see their pictures and contact them. Parents only allow kids these days to use it to distract them, because they want their own phones so why not give the kid a phone to shut them up? Disgusting. Make your kid go out and play all day and actually be active and meeting people face to face. We are destroying the next generation. Literally, these kids are DUMB compared to the rest of us who did not grow up with this crap. STOP ALLOWING IT!!!!!

• Maybe its not the best

Even though kids are unaware of whats right and whats actually wrong .Social media isn't helping and their might be a small chance.L really small.Lets not ruin the future with nonsense ,you know like rappers or video makers .Those are the type of people who influence . The stuff they make or post is not very positive either so lets not let kids learn from that

• Its stupid a!

Cause kids can get on thing that they have no idea what it is and people will talk to the kids and the kids will be like come and meet me at the park and the people will take the kids and run away and never come back with the kids.

• Not a good idea😭🤐😵

It is way to dangerous because people eat tacos Kikkoiiikkiikk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k ln o o o o o of our ova o o o ovovoovovovov. O o o o o o o o o o o o o

• A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a