• Who cares just let the kids to what they want if the parent doesnt want them do it then they can tell them

Let the kids do what ever they want don't ban anything its the childs and the parents decision if they want use to social media or not not the schools so the school shouldnt be in charge of banning things like that in the first place. . . . .

• As long as you teach them how to use it, there shouldn't be a problem.

I think minors should be allowed to have social media. As long they are taught how to correctly use it then there shouldn't be any problems. For example me. When I first started using social media I was like in 5th or 6th grade. But before they allowed me to make my accounts, my parents taught me to be careful. Not to share any personal information with people who I don't know. They also taught me to be cautious with the things I post and to obviously NEVER EVER agree to meet up with someone in person. Also if anyone ever bothered me, for me to go tell them right away. To this day, I still use social media but still haven't had any major issues with it. This is all thanks to my parents who taught me how to be safe on the internet. So as long as children know this there shouldn't be any major problems. If there are, monitor the child's social media.

• Yes, but with proper educating of how social media and how the internet work, and what the risks are.

While I may be only 15 years old, I feel I should give an opinion on this.

Should a minor have access to social media?

If they're 5th graders or younger, NO!

If they're 6th graders or older, then I don't see a problem.

You just need to teach them how to actually use social media, and how to stay safe while using it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic rules:

1. Don't give any person your personal information.

It's fine to give out your first (and maybe even second) name. Just don't give anyone your location or anything that can pose a threat to you or any of your family/friends; No matter how much of a "friend" they are, never ever break this rule.

2. Don't take everything to heart.

Just because you don't have many followers or don't look as good as someone else doesn't mean you're worthless; and most importantly, don't take criticism to heart and try to change yourself. There will always be haters, ignore them!

3. Don't do anything stupid for attention!

Just because you see "the kids at school" or "the people on the trending page" doing something stupid, doesn't mean you should. Just be you, and you should be okay.

4. Don't start drama.

Don't try to anger anyone, even if you want to. Just keep your opinions on sensitive manners to yourself.

5. Don't be an a**hole.

The internet is full of them, don't be one. There's no point for more of them to pop up out of no where, just be nice. Just know there is a real person behind that screen and you could be affecting them.

Anyways, I know people will dismiss this opinion and call it "invalid" because I'm a minor, but I wanted to give my opinion on the matter. Thank you for reading this, and I hope you consider my points.

• Yes. Absolutely! Totally

Kids just want to be free, and we shouldn't be the ones to take that away. If they want to use social media let them. If something bad happens, you'll know you made a mistake and you won't make it again. You should just know and let your kids know that you tried.

• Yes of course

. . . . . ...... . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .DUH OF COURSE U ALL ARE STUPID FOR SAYING NO I HAVE 5000000000000000000000 SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS wHY SHOULD MY KID NOT? GO DIE IN A HOE ALL OF U.

• Yes of course!!!!

Everyone deserves to have fun, so if we students want to have fun, why not let us?On the social media, we can interact with others like us, people with the same hobby, some idol, people with similar personalities, people who live in different countries but are close enough to be a family… The social media is a place for us to find acceptance and other people who care about us. It’s a place for us to find our confidence. We might be glued to our phones, but we're having fun, we’re living a life.

• Yes of course

Everyone deserves to have fun, so if we students want to have fun, why not let us? On the social media, we can interact with others like us, people with the same hobby, some idol, people with similar personalities, people who live in different countries but are close enough to be a family… The social media is a place for us to find acceptance and other people who care about us. It’s a place for us to find our confidence. We might be glued to our phones, but we're having fun, we’re living a life.

• Yes, but no.

Allowing your children social media is good for their minds, personality and confidence. If they don't have access to other people who share the same hobbies and especially if they don't have many school friends. They can have fun with edits on social media's and interact with others like them. Its a place for them to find acceptance and people as quirky as them. Teens are glued to their phones, but they're having fun...
    There are many risks, if someone wants to meet them from the internet, DO NOT ALLOW IT. There are many dangers to this including the person not being who they say. But the exposure can help. Exposing them to dangers and risks makes them smarter in how to deal with issues later in life.
    I am not saying that social media is absolutely perfect and it should DEFINITELY be allowed, it shouldn't. You should be able to know their username so you can see their posts and followers accounts.
    There are bad people so you should know, or at least have enough trust in your child they won't meet those people, or stay away from them. It is a weird place knowing you don't really know what's on the other side of the screen.

• E-mail allowed why not social media

Most kids have e-mail addresses for school already . Aren't social medias are pretty much the same thing. Also , if children are getting cyber bullied they already know how to handle it since they have bin learning this stuff since 3rd or 4th grade . Plus most jobs include computers.

• Yes, teens should be allowed on social media.

Many negative things happen online, but if a parent allows their kid to be on social media, it is their choice to let them. People have different opinions, but I think that they should be allowed to choose whether they want their kid to be on social media or not.

• I like chiken

I i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i like chiken

• Its stupid a!

Cause kids can get on thing that they have no idea what it is and people will talk to the kids and the kids will be like come and meet me at the park and the people will take the kids and run away and never come back with the kids.

• Not a good idea😭🤐😵

It is way to dangerous because people eat tacos Kikkoiiikkiikk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k ln o o o o o of our ova o o o ovovoovovovov. O o o o o o o o o o o o o

• A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Too r risky

U j j j j j j j h g g g g g g gg g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g

• Only responsible teenagers should use social media.

Preteens are not mature enough. Maybe some can be, but a majority of them could not use social media responsibly. They could post bad things that seem like a good idea at the time, but the next day turns out to be idiotic and rude. Also, cyberbullying could be included. They could either be victim to it, or also bully someone else, not intentionally.

• You should not

Ff rr r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r tr r rr f r r tr r r r r rr r r r r r rt r r r r r r rrr d

• No you can DIE

I think people are to risky and if they go on it to long they will die yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• No no no

I think that they are so stupid........................................................................................................................... And no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no and no no no no no no no............................................................................................. No no no no no

• Hi my name is ...Well I can't tell you but here's my headline I know some people might not no about these bad site because

People younger than 13 do not no that once they post something it is hard to take it back especially if it's your personal privacy so most young people have been stocked because of the inappropriate pictures they post so I know that 13 and up should be on that stuff and only 13 and up and that's my stance good-by

>