Should minors under 18 be allowed to drink alcohol?

Asked by: Fanny
  • Yes I agree

Yes because I think under 18s should be aloud to enjoy themselves and not wait more years to drink something that doesn't even harm you that much if you drink it sensibely. I agree that drinking age should be lowered. Plus its unfair the way other people are aloud to have that pleasure

• Educating how to drink

Teaching young people that alcohol is something that should be feared, but it magically becomes ok once you turn 21 is ridiculous and ineffective. Yes it is true that it can long lasting effects if you start too young, but we should teach adolescents to drink in small amounts in over long periods of time so they can learn to respect and understand the responsibility that comes with it. Teens will always consume alcohol, and having such a high drinking age will only get more kids in trouble. Letting teens get drunk ever weekend is good either. We need to have a low drinking age, but we should also have a very low legal intoxication limits . Many countries in Europe it is something that is just culture, a drink that comes with ordering a certain and its apart of life. To be public ally intoxicated is something that is looked down on in many countries in Europe. We need to bring in into our culture more, because it is very much apart our culture and will continue to be. Teens that drink are fearful and they have to go to extensive measures , dangerous routes so they won't get caught the way teens drink now is creating more danger for them, teens get drunk in hidden public places, the woods, and other unsafe places. Teens have no fear for drinking, they fear the consequences which are extreme. We need to ease them into safe drinking habits

• Educating how to drink

• Educating how to drink

• Msnjkbji j hj hj

Jkjk djkd ib dhjk djk d kjb jk k kj kj hkj h h h h h h h hk jk djk h hkl khl kl kjl jkhjl hdj hj dhj bdhdk hdn jh hkd klj dkjd jk djk djkd kjd jk kj dnd kn dkj djk djkdkk k dkj dk

• Msnjkbji j hj hj

• Why not? Needs controlled

It's a fun new thing to experience in small amounts when supervised. In the country I am from, it is legal to consume alcohol at the age of 16. It is part of my culture and, when taught by parents how to drink responsible can be better than jumping in head first at the age of 21 when more is at risk.

• It is legAL

Free country wqrwe r w erf erw tfgreg rt grtgrt rt tr e et t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t

• It is legAL

• U j j

Uuuhkj i ii ii ioio oioi oio io io io m kimlk mk lk n jnk nnjn njn kjk n j kjn jkj n njkn jn jkn jknj njk njk njk nj nj njk njn jn jn hjg bu gui njk bgv v gv b hjb hjb hjb hgv hbh jb hjb hbhj bh h bhjb hjb

• Yes and no, but from a public and legal sense, no.

Allow me to first expand on the "yes and no" answer. Minors should be allowed to consume alcohol in private when with their legal guardian. Numerous studies have shown that abstinence only teachings for alcohol are utter failures and that there is a proper way to introduce people to alcohol at a young age in a manner that will not jeopardize their health and development, while creating and understanding and respect for alcohol that will protect them for decades to come.

Now, since it is the parents' responsibility to teach and introduce, the government needs to take a stand that prevents (or limits at least) children from getting alcohol on their own or with non-legal guardians. This means they cannot be sold alcohol, either at stores or bars, etc.

• No, This is Not a Good Idea

The fact that consuming alcohol during adolescence can cause long lasting, even permanent, damage to the developing teenage brain is reason enough to age-restrict its use. The teenage years are turbulent enough with the physical changes, and changing social roles; adding alcohol to that mix will just make a difficult situation worse.

• Stupid behaviors cannot be justified

Some delusional parents say Europe is providing a template for teen alcohol consumption that shows it is “no problem”, I call BS. Alcoholism Alchloism is an issue across the globe and just because certain cultures promote early drinking doesn’t excuse or change that fact. Setting rules, Providing appropriate modeling and watching what your
    children do as they grow up is parenting 101. I see no research that supports drinking alcohol before one is an adult as anything but detrimental to emotional; physical and mental development.

Teens are not equipped emotionally for the things alcohol does to their body. Additionally, A body exposed to toxins will not perform as it should. So with these facts in hand why would we promote drinking? So we have more people around who do what we do? So we don’t feel guilty about drinking in front of them? It I’d definitely not for the ridiculous reasons parents have began using.

Get agrip people. There will be plenty of time for young people to get drunk in their lives, Let them be kids for as long as you can.

• Brains are not fully developed

Adolescent brains are barely capable of processing and making responsible decisions without being impaired. How would consuming alcohol affect this? It has been shown to have developmental effects as well as creating even poorer decision-making. It is something that people can wait to do until later in life. The End.

• “Wine [is] a mocker, strong drink [is] raging, and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." (Proverbs 20:1)

“Woe unto [them that are] mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink." (Isaiah 5:22)
    A. Drinking is a sin against God.
    B. Minors and adults, especially minors, should not be allowed to drink—no one should (this is why I loved the 18th Amendment before it was taken back by the 21st Amendment).
    C. It SHOULD be illegal for minors to drink, one reason being because it can damage your health and it becomes VERY ADDICTING.
    D. Congress should NOT have lowered the drinking age. Obama, you suck. GO PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!
    E. I love my country and The Constitution. DIE HILLARY, DIE!!!
    –Baptist Friends

• Its illegal and its not good for them or for those who don't want to drink

I am 18 and even though I am legal, i don't drink. I have friends who are under age and praise how people supply them with alcohol. This sort of attitude proves that they are not ready to drink. You should be mature enough to know when to stop and wether you really need it or not. Also it is not necessary for young people and clouds their judgement when they are constantly putting themselves in risky situations e.G parties, out on the town, driving, spending time with friends etc. Their brain also is not fully developed and it is damaging. Not to mention youth who have died when drinking alcohol at parties!

• Minors should not be allowed to drink underage

Drinking underage causes obsessions and other unhealthy habits. Teens can be in jail for doing the wrong thing and make a bad influence on preteens. Drinking over a long period of time can cause premature death. And parents who let their kids drink can be the cause of teens drinking obsessions.

• Butts are nice

Ef vygasrvfoyuewgfgjiwfghjuidfjiu cdfih edf dhfef hewfbnewfkj hjewf efnewfjnjefnje fje f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f ff f f ff f f fd fmd dbnsn dbds bdsb jeeewwwss kjsdkjfdkjfdskjfdskj dfj f fd fdf df f df df df df d f d

• It may be hard but do what's right...It will be worth it...Promise.

Alcohol has no business being in your body. You may think it's "cool" to "try" it...It's not. The only one benefitting is the person that got paid for your purchase of it. No matter the situation there is NO EXCUSE for putting alcohol or drugs in your body so don't even start. Seriously. To be healthy and beautiful will not happen when you have bad chemicals of any sort in your body. Promise. Be strong. Be confident. And say no to alcohol. Trust me I am the least qualified one to say this but if I of all people can say no then so can you. It may be hard but I promise that in the end at some point in your life you will in some way be rewarded for making the right choices...Trust me I've witnessed it many times even when I was extremely doubtful. Do good and u won't have to answer to anyone about your decision. Do bad and you have to wrack your mind of ways to get through the tough consequences/trouble to come. I know it's not fun to do right all the time but it is definitely worth it and then you'll gain trust and then you'll be free!!!!😊

• They are just kids

It is awful to see young people drunk and being sick all over the place, they are just children. I am 16 years old and I have never drunk in my life, but my friends drink and it's awful when they are stumbling all over people. It causes cancers and why would you want to be in hospital getting your stomach pumped when you should be worrying about GCSE's

>