• It really, Honestly depends.

It's up to the child to decide what they choose to identify with more. If they identify with being black more and would rather be called black, That's up to them. If they would rather be called white, Then that is also their right. It's not something for everyone else to decide.

• Perpetuates the "one drop rule"

It makes me sad when biracial people disregard one heritage in favor of another. Usually, The white ancestry is discarded by the child in favor of the black heritage because they have been conditioned to be disapproving of white people for past atrocities.

Ironically, This type of self-hate plays in favor of racists who say if you have one drop of black blood in you, You are black.

If you are biracial, Identify as such! Refute racism. You are black. You are white. You are black AND white. Not just black. Not just white. White heritage is awesome, Too! Your ancestors invented electricity and so many more advancements in society. Your black ancestors were likely responsible for the pyramids of Egypt. A tremendous feat!

Be proud to be biracial. White and black.

• It really, Honestly depends.

• Mix red & blue and you can create purple, Is purple blue?

When you mix red & blue u can create the colour purple; is purple blue? Exactly, I don’t know why biracial people cry about not being considered fully black, White asian etc as if they have to be accepted into one racial group when biologically they have their own racial group as a biracial. It also comes off as very disrespectful when biracial people dismiss and don’t acknowledge one race & only care to identify with the other.

• They are mixed with black.

When you are mixed, you are considered to be what ever ethnicities you are mixed with. For example, I am mixed with Asian and White so I consider myself Asian and white. Often times, people disregard one of the races and just refer to themselves as white, or black, or Asian and I do not think that is right.

• No, not necessarily

They should be consider multi-racial or bi-racial like they are. If they ask to be identified white, than they'll be white. If they ask to be identified black, they'll be black. Some mixed children don't even know either the black or the white side of their family which also factors in. I believe that if they don't identify as one race while growing up than they'll have the characteristics and qualities of both/all races they are.

DatAzian says2013-11-19T14:05:02.240
This is racist.
Antiphone says2014-03-04T06:55:56.903
Why are people so hung up on "race". It is hardly the most pressing issue humanity has to face. Cultural is a far more important determinant of what a person is and will become. What does it matter how these kids choose to identify themselves? I wish I was going to live long enough to see a world where the skin you wear is no more remarkable than the colour of the blouse you put on.