Should murderers be killed the same way that they killed their victims?

Asked by: ehellyer
  • Kindof like this

I think if someone murders 1 person by gunshot to the head, then that person should die by gunshot to the head and so on.

If someone murders 2 or more people by the same method, then they should die by a method twice as painful as by gun to the head because they killed 2 people to earn that.

There is the fear of killing an innocent person. However, there is only a 4.1% chance that that happens and this rate is going down with better investigation tequnicks. If the odds were more than 10% then I would be against it (probably) but since the odds are so low, I would support it for overall justice.

The bible also says that those executed falsely will go to heaven, so it works out well for those that are "unlucky". Since there are no atheists in foxholes, it would mean the atheist innocent convicts would tend to convert out of fear and then go to heaven when they are executed innocently.

Posted by: asta
  • I'm leaning more toward yes.

This is because it strikes fear into those who even think about wanting to commit a major crime. There obviously will be exceptions, like there are to many things in the law. My mindset is where I see this as an advantage to our justice system. If we put this law into place, it would tremendously bring down crime. So criminals would have to really think that if they were to commit a crime then they would have to choose wisely on this decision before it gets them killed. I know many will not see it the way I do, but think of all the good things that will come out of this rather than having that mind block-- whether it means that it will be torture, we'd be the criminal, it's wrong etc.. Think of the advantages we'd have against criminals. If we want to lower death rates by murder or criminal act, then we have to enforce a strong and standing law. Yes, we could kill criminals with lethal injections--much like we do today-- but as people may or may not know, we are going to begin to run out of it. We could have other countries aid us with it, but it still doesn't change the fact that we will eventually run out. So how would we kill people for their punishment?

• Yes. Potential murders (and rapists) may be persuaded to not commit crime if they know their fate. Plus, What goes around comes around, Right?

If the innocent suffered against their will, Why shouldn't the guilty suffer the same? It would be a huge risk to take if they get caught because they know exactly what they're going to get. The only problem is if the person is actually innocent. Same issue with the death penalty. The legal system should change in a way to ensure no innocent person is convicted to a murder or rapist's sentence. And when it comes to justice, It doesn't have to be a person giving them what they deserve. We're pretty good at building machines. If they choked someone, Drowned someone, Beat someone to death, Raped someone, Machines could pretty much do anything (except for some exceptions) for us instead. We wouldn't have to watch or listen. Just turn the machine on and then collect the body. Their cries for help will go unheard, Just like their victim's.

• Just get rid of them, Rather than wasting money and space to house them for years and years.

I haven't seen any graphs that show whether or not the death penalty works to deter crime or not, But I do have knowledge of how criminals today don't seem to give a crap.

They kill, Steal, Rape, And maim with no seeming fear of the law. Why? I'd argue because the court system is broken. How many times have you seen on the news, Where someone is charged because of some heinous crime, And then they take some plea deal, Post bond, And are out soon after. Or how about people who get put on "death row" but then stay there for a decade or two, Or murderers getting "life in prison". Why? Why put them in a cell for decades and decades, Feeding and clothing and teaching them the whole time? Just kill them(specifically the murderers) and get it over with. Especially child molesters /murderers, And those that plan their acts way ahead of time. If I had any authority in the legal realm, I would fight hard to get child rapists killed, And killed quickly.

What if the legal system brutally stepped on rapists and murderers, And punished them with fury and hatred? I would imagine people would be afraid of being caught in such acts.

No, Let's let them serve just a few years and then get out, And walk among us again. I don't want rapists and murderers among my kids! If I catch someone molesting my child, That person would have a miserable and painful last few hours of life. But if I don't catch them in the act, And find out afterward, It would be murder if I killed them then. That's disgusting.

Kill the rapists and murderers. Make our children and neighborhoods safer, And strike fear in potential rapists' and murderers' hearts.

• It’s a good punishment.

Murderers are evil and deserve a painful horrible death. They do not deserve to live. They stopped someone from living their lives and don’t deserve their own. They deserve the same black screen everyone sees after death (let’s be honest, Heaven and hell are obviously not real). Murderers are usually drug addicts and it would do everyone a favor in killing them. The end.

• Yes - in most cases

Of course it's wrong to kill a murder. Two wrongs don't make a right, Right? But just imagine: your mum, Brother, Sister, Wife, Husband or somebody you love dearly, Got murdered. Then you go to the court and the murderer is trialed. In normal cases, I would say kill him/her (unless you're really a nice person and I really respect that). But in normal cases you would want the murderer to be punished.

• It will initiate fear and more obedience to the law.

Not only that, But even if they decide to murder someone, They will potentially and deliberately do something quick and painless in the event that they are caught and put to death.
    Whilst some may compare it to the archaic ‘eye-for-an-eye’ system, We have kept plenty of stuff from archaic times, Most infamously: religion.
    If people are prepared to torture and bludgeon an innocent human being, They should be prepared to receive as such themselves.

• Very much yes.

I'm just salty because my sister was murdered right after Christmas in a triple homicide. She most likely heard her boyfriend getting shot to death, Ran out scared and got shot to death herself multiple times in the torso and head before getting dragged into a shed and left in a twisted lump to rot for a week until police found them. I know an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind but those fuckers are getting 3 hots and a cot in prison and we carried her home in a box. They deserve to go through every ounce of fear and sadness and doom they put her through. Christmas is ruined forever. New years too. I wouldnt feel bad for their families either because their families disowned them a long ass time ago. Don't fucking do drugs kids.

• It means that murderers will have more fear of doing a certain crime

It means that murderers will have more fear of doing a certain crime

in the past there were not many thiefs simply because of fear of losing a hand. Fear is the most powerful tool we can use to make people stop killing each other. And do not say we need to ban guns here in Holland guns are opretty much banned and people still die

• Ridiculous idea, obviously wrong!

This is no better than torture! Torture has now been outlawed in the U.S, and for good reason. That kind of 'an eye for an eye' mentality debases us to little better than the criminals we are punishing. How cane we condemn them for their actions when we do the same thing to them?

• Increases Crime Rates

The more brutal we respond to violence, the more violence we will have in our society. When you normalize brutality as a legal societal recourse to crime, you are telling society that in some conditions, these behaviors are acceptable. For the criminally predisposed amongst us (psychopaths, sociopaths, etc..) they will see this as validation of their actions as legitimate.

• Not at all.

I think murderers should be killed in a worse manner. Set them on fire, drown them, break some limbs, give them radiation poisoning, shove glass through random orifices, don't let them sleep, starve them. It doesn't matter. Make a show out of it and broadcast it. People need to know that killing is wrong and there are consequences.

• It's worse a second time!

Of course, if someone is deemed guilty in court, he/she can be put to death, but to give someone the job of smashing their heads with bricks, dropping them out windows, stabbing them, etc. the executioner gets paid to do the things that others get killed for! Just think, you'd be hiring serial killers and paying them to break the law!

• Two wrongs don't make a right.

Honestly, the death penalty in its entirety is completely stupid, if you ask me. If you respond to violence with more violence, it just shows the world that violence solves everything, which it doesn't. Moreover, simple jail time gives the offender plenty of time to think about their actions. We have reform programmes for some, why can't we get more people back on track, rather than six feet under?

• I believe that murders should not be killed the same way that they killed their victims .

I believe that murders should not be killed the same way that they killed their victims , because everyone deserves a chance and has the right to life. Ending someones life because of a bad decision is a bad part for humanity's sake. How could this even be sane, the are doing the same act the murderer did and in some cases it may even be for the same reason such as the murderer killing someone because they killed one of their family members. Was that a right decision, of course not, but you killing them is equally the same as them killing their victim. However, it would be legal. Also, if the murder was an accident than they will be killed over a mistake. Clearly, I believe murderers should not be killed the same way that they killed their victims.