• Music SHOULD be free

People out there don't the money or the experience in order to buy or find a website to find free music. I understand the artists don't make enough money, but can't they make money another way? I mean if they are really a good artist, they would have sold out concerts. But if they don't, they don't deserve to be an artist. Music is meant for people to enjoy, not to punish people so that they can't buy the music they love. You know, poor people need music too!

• Yes, Music should be free.

Music should be free because some people can not afford to buy and listen to it. If it is free on YouTube or the radio the why not make it free all the time. Artist are making enough money as it is so they can make it free and it wont effect them. I think that music should be free.

• More people will listen

More people will listen to music if it is free. Artist already make enough money so they don't need to sell it on devices. Artist would be more popular as well. If people can listen to it for free on the radio or YouTube then why can't they any other time?

• It's not being greedy.

Musicians make money from royalties, advances, playing live, selling merchandise, and licensing fees for their music. If music is free, the only downfall would be them living slightly less luxuriously. We would be saving tons of money ourselves. Just think about it. Four hundred songs bought from iTunes is over $400 spent. I understand that they've put a lot of effort into their work, so there should be an option to instead pay for the song/album as a donation. And for those who say "making music free means music is worthless" think of it this way. Are hugs from your mother or kisses from a partner free? Yes. Are they worthless? Far from it.

• Most Modern Music Artists Are Very Greedy And Very Rich, Good Music Should Be Free

Again most modern music artists are rich and swimming in boatloads money. Most are corrupt and in it just for the money and fame. Concerts generate lots of money and should be more often in smaller towns of fans. Most kids think downloading music is "free" so they download it and get their parents in trouble and lose access to the internet.

• Passion over money

A true musician produces music because they love it, not because they're hoping to make money off of it. I stongly feel that music should be free because, as an artist myself, I believe that it is more of a beautiful hobby than a career. And also, as a socialist, I believe free music could easily be plausible in a socialist society.

• Music is Sold For a Reason

I can see where people would think that it being free would be good, but is it honestly? Artists have to pour money out of their pockets to make music, and if they're not getting paid anything then they have to pay to do what they love. Sure things like sports have to be paid for and people may love doing those, but think of all of the hours and other money they have to spend to be good enough to produce music. They need money to feed their family, and if they don't have that then they're kind of screwed.

• I say yes

Artist are already making a ton of money. So why do they need more? Song writers make money by writing songs. If we pay them with music then they'll be getting more unessasary money. We, The fans, Pay for concerts and merch. So it needs to be free! Thank you!

• Music Should Be Free

There are many arguments on if music should be free but I’d like to present some facts that may change some people’s minds. First of all, The music industry relies mainly on touring currently. It used to be you went on a tour to promote an album but now it is releasing an album to promote a tour. Albums are just a small fraction of income. Why do many artists go YEARS without releasing albums yet are often touring non stop. If they were truly such cash cows you might imagine there would be coming out yearly or every other year. Secondly, It is so much easier to record at home. Say 20-30 years ago you recorded an album. A studio would have to be found and rented out with engineers and producers. All this can be done at home now. All the artist needs is the equipment and software and even equipment can be rented. Finally physical media is becoming obsolete. Downloads and streaming is more popular than going out and getting a CD or Vinyl LP. Those should be bought with money so the artist can afford to manufacture more off of the product (it can cost $8-10 to manufacture 1 record alone). However it should not cost money to enjoy art. Are you going to charge everyone who looks at a paintings $9. 99 just to look at it? Most people would scoff at that idea because it’s absolutely ludicrous. The same should apply for music. Careers should be made of of the merchandise and other assorted products and not the art being presented.

• Music is music!

Music SHOULD in fact be free because why pay to sense something sure you can pay to eat but paying for music. . . That's like paying to smell or see something that you want to smell/see. Yes the artist will not make as much money but most artist do it just to make others happy or because that's what they simply enjoy doing. We spent too much money on things today, New phones, Cars, Clothes, Etc but music should not be one of those things that we spend money on a daily, Monthly or yearly basis.

• Music NO FREEEEE!

Moosic should not free. People need money, Musi helps give them money. Pleae pay they are going through t. How would you like yoiure lives work o be free, Huh. All hat hard work for othuig hat you gonna do them. . . . .

• Music should not be free (and it's totally unrealistic to think it should be)

There are basically no other products that anyone would expect to get for free. Of course artists make a large percentage of their income from tours and merchandise but that doesn't mean that they don't put a lot of time and work towards making an album. Also there are countless other people who work on a studio album that also need to make an income. It's not just the recording artist.

Imagine how ridiculous it would be if people thought movies should be free because there was a theatre adaptation of the same story running that would make more money.

• Artists deserve to be supported, Respected, And loved.

(Ugh this is the third time I'm typing this, It would be nice if it could go through this time. Yeah? Yeah. )

I believe that, With all the effort they use to create the music, They do deserve the relatively small price they ask from us in return. Believe it or not, I'm fairly certain that they spend MASSIVE amounts of money to create their albums to bring you something beautiful.

I personally believe it's the right thing to do for all the effort they bring you. They ask for pretty much a hundredth of a hundredth from you than what they likely spend setting up orchestras, Sound systems, Scenes for music videos, Etc. I personally think that's the part a lot of people conveniently forget about.

We are NOT entitled, And I believe that they deserve a little compensation for EVERYTHING they went through to bring us such masterpieces.

I mean if the artist is actually giving it away for free, Then by all means! No complaints there. But if not, Then I think it's best to just pay them and allow them to keep bread on the table or a roof over their heads. I hate guilt tripping, But yeah. I believe they deserve that much, At least.

But of course, This is just my humble opinion.

• Artists deserve appreciation.

The artists work hard, And spend, Believe it or not, A LOT of money so that you don't have to pay all that much for their pieces.

They only ask for a little bit from you in return, And for what they create, The low price is worth it. They work tirelessly to bring you the beautiful art, And thus I believe they deserve respect right back. Just a few bucks for the MASSIVE amounts they spent on creating it.

I think they deserve the money for what they bring to the public. They care but they need to pay the bills and keep bread on the table as well. I'm certain they only ask for the tinniest hundredths of a hundredth for their tracks in comparison to to what they themselves have spent. I think a lot of people conveniently forget about that. I mean maybe I'm being biased or unfair in the way I'm talking, But that's just my belief. I don't believe we're entitled.

I mean if the artist actually WANTS to give away their tracks for free, Then by all means! Nothing to complain about there. But for those who ask for just a little in return, I personally believe it's the right thing to do to pay for their tracks.

• The artists should be appreciated.

They put a lot of hard work, And believe it or not, Money, Into the music they create. They work hard to bring you entertainment and beautiful sounds, Sometimes with an entire orchestra.

The money they spent so that you could have A CHANCE at listening to their beautiful pieces and possess that copy for as long as you want and listen to it over and over again if you wish.

It's worth it to pay them for the art they give you. They don't ask for THAT much money, Either. I mean if the artist WANTS to give it away for free, Then by all means. But for those who don't, I think it's just right to pay them. It means a lot to them. I believe it's the morally right thing to do, In my opinion.

But that's all this is, A humble opinion.

• Music should be paid for:

If music were free, Musicians would not be paid. Music is a career and music should be paid as such. They worked hard on their product, Pouring time, Tears, And emotions into their work. We get paid for our work and as consumers of their product, Should pay for their hard work. Take an inventor for example, When an inventor has an idea, They own the idea. They spend money producing it, But will be paid when people use/purchase it. A musician should be paid for their idea same as an inventor. Without being paid, There is little incentive to create new music. Would you rather make no money as an artist or make money elsewhere? This will cause less artists and less variety. All in all, Music should not be free as it is a career, Costs money to produce, And is a product of hard work.

• Music should not be free :(

Do you make music do you earn mony from it we will have less people that maake music good music should be paid for what if you ever want that job you won't make that much mony so you should think about your chose ok so music should noit be free

• No it should not be free

The reason any music should not be free is because the song writers would not make music any more. So I feel that it is good that music is not free. The reason i say this is be cause there are some apps that you don't have to pay for music so youll be able to suvive if you don't feel like paying for music.

• Music recordings are a commodity

There are costs to being a musician and recording/manufacturing/distributing music. In addition, If musicians could make a living being musicians, They would. Most can't due to not playing popular styles, Etc. Due to most acts losing money in music I can't support people not paying for music across the board. I can't say people need to pay, But if they love it and listen to it a lot, They should.

• Music is a product

Is there anything you get for free in this world? No one will give you something for free especially not if he invested a lot of time and money in this product, Except for a reason but then its not his maiin product. Would you go to work for free everyday? How can people spend 5 dollars for a starbucks coffee and over 1000 dollars for an IPhone which is technically worth 200 dollars, But not have a dollar or two for a song. Its not like the artists go on vacation only with your money, They have loads of bills to pay. Due to radio and streaming services people just got used to music being cheap or not have any price at all

slunky says2018-10-27T04:43:40.070
Anyone who thinks music should be free is a greedy consumer who is certainly no artist