Should music performance courses be required in schools?

• Supporting our music

Yes, Yes we should! I’m fact, It’s been show and proven that for most people they won’t be so distracted with other things but there listening to music so while kids like myself hear music we’re going to do a little better and for some kids, Music in a class while doing a task is distracting but don’t always leave the music off or always on if u want to u can but some kids can or won’t be distracted so be fair! Sometimes play music and sometimes take no music for an answer 🤗 I hope this is persuasive

• Yes, I do think music performance courses should be required in schools, who let students who choose music as a career choice.

The only way this should be a requirement, is if students who choose music as a career choice, and take performance classes such as rock band, jazz band, etc. This is the only way it should be a requirement, because face it, not everyone wants to take a performance class. Not all people can handle what comes with the class.

• Some form of a musically based course should be required in schools.

Whether it be band, orchestra, choir, or music theory, some form of a music class should be required due to the psychological benefits that music can have on the brain. Even if a child may not be musically gifted, taking part in a class that focuses on the roots of music and the theory behind it can reap benefits that no other course can give. Listening to or playing music releases a stimulant in the brain that calms the mind, focuses the person, and improves memory.

• Music performance courses should be required in schools.

Music performances is probably one of the most important things as a musician, besides playing music using their specific instrument well. Music performances is a way to evaluate a performer's skill, such as tests in school, which can help the musician improve and become better. Since a performance is like a test, it should be required in schools.

• No, I do not believe music performance courses should be required in schools.

No, I do not believe music performance courses should be required in schools. Music courses are something that should be extra curricular because they do not impart knowledge that is vital to a child, and not all children are gifted musically. Unlike math or reading or spelling, music is something that a child does not NEED to know, and should be given the choice as to if they wish to learn it or not.

>