• Yes is sould be

L think music with bad language should be banned because if a parent was to hear you you would probably get in big trouble . Plus if you are singing along to a bad song and there is a little kid aroud chances are that the are going to learn the lyric and sing the song during school .

• Music the international language of Love and Peace. Now it’s the international language of profanity with videos of obscenity.

How do you stop 3 and 4 year olds from listening to the radio? How do you stop them from repeating the profanities? How do you stop their parents from beating them for swearing or even beating them to death? Not impossible to happen if it has not happened already. These musicians say “Thank God for my career” but on Judgement day they will have to answers to God for the Rape of our ears and eyes, yes rape, check the dictionary, To take by force or force upon someone. There is so much violence, robberies, murder and rape because one has respect for anyone else and those who say profanity is ok are proof that they have no respect.
    Mo Durban.

• I hate bad language

People are hugely affected by the music they listen to. The words in songs do NOT need to be there! Kids are affected by the music they listen to as well-- do you really want your kids listening to that stuff? It's really hard to listen to that kind of music and not cussing.

• I am LDS I don't enjoy hearing those filthy words.

The words in music makes me have a bad feeling that also makes me not want to listen to that music anymore. If more music has cuss words the less i can listen to music. My dad says that bad language is a sign of unintelligence in my home nobody says cuss words.

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes ye sye sy esy esy eys ye sy eys yez ye s yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

• Too difficult for little kids to avoid

If an artist feels the need to express themselves by including bad language - please make it the option that an adult can seek out rather than a parent have to try and avoid - it's really such a nightmare - if your kid loves music which mine does he's 8 and likes the Now complications which are all clean - then he'll want to find the video which I have to vet first only for me to have to say 'no' time and again - not to mention the time it takes up - so sick of being the bad cop in all this - the latest example is the weeknd- the hills - really mate is there any need? It has to be radio edited to get airplay anyway - maybe ' Now ' can start helping by avoiding including stuff like this - why is everything so weighed against the kids? Adults are more than capable of finding whatever they want to listen to - all the ones that think it's OK should maybe read 'the hills' lyrics and see if theyd be OK with their 8 year old listening to it. This stuff is not welcome in our house. Give us all a break.

• The First Amendment'

A bunch of arguments supporting music with bad language keep saying that 'the First Amendment allows us to do it' or 'this is a free country'.

Have you known that there are other countries in the world other than the U.S.? And not just that, that the one I am currently living in and many others do NOT allow freedom of speech?

No? Well then.

I recently made a feature article on this from school on how music has evolved into this massive buffet of bad language, and when I researched it, it surprised me more than I expected. Most of the famous artists of today (save a few) have cuss words in at least one song, especially with the popularity of rap today.

What does this mean for the children of today?
    Well, it means many things.
    The media has fed them this crap load of music with profanity in them that they start singing along to it, and there's nothing we can do to stop it! One of my friend's sisters, who is nine, was singing along to Nicki Minaj's song, Only, WORD FOR WORD. That song has 63 total uses of profanity in it!

As for 'expressing oneself', I agree with that, but I feel like there ways you can explain what your feeling without having to use a cuss word.

I can't wait for the future...

1970's famous songs had barely any profanity in them
    2015 has 10-20 obscenities in MANY, MANY songs.
    2060 will have at least 20 PER SONG if nothing is done about this!

• It's bad for you.

It will cause children to sing along if it's catchy, and they will soon pickup the bad words and might use them. Also, if children start using it outside or in public, parents will be embarassed. It might also cause them to use the word(probably not the right way) and swear.

• Ruins our culture

It's offensive, and people can't handle. [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank]

• I can enjoy music without all that

Makes me sick to the stumek to hear a child sing about sex and really don't know what there singing about or what the song is about can't watch cartoon's or tv with out hearing something outlandish there able to say b on tv like its cool now our little girls thinks its ok when is someone going to care enough to stop all this

• Swearing should not be in an album for the sole reason of shock value.

But, language is absolutely important, and sometimes a swear word is exactly what's needed. Some songs could use far less swear words, while others use them exactly where they need to be. How else could they ever portray anger, bitterness, surprise, or even hurt, than a single, well placed swear word? Sorry, but if you want to really give any of these feelings an impact, you just can't settle for 'Golly Gee, I'm upset!' unless the song's trying to be sarcastic.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=wgndIlLqSFE

You're definitely not going to like the music this link leads to, but try and take a listen and consider it from a song writing perspective. Basically the entire song is building up to this:

"Cause I'm not f*****g about!"

And after the song reaches that point, it just seems to go back to where it started and it builds up again, once more towards those same lyrics.

"Cause I'm not f*****g about!"

But the second time around, it delivers. The song just outright hits you with everything it's got.

Now, tell me, does the singer sound happy? Does the instrumentation sound upbeat? No, it doesn't. Because this isn't a happy song. The singer seems absolutely fed up. And I don't know about you, but when I'm fed up, I certainly don't feel like just settling for a 'Well, shucks. I'm fed up.' will do my feelings justice. And if we're speaking specifically of song writing and music, a medium that's practically completely based around translating emotion to sound, I would think they really need to sell that emotion. Art should not be censored. A true artist doesn't just swear because it sells or because it sounds cool. They swear because sometimes, that's just what a song needs.

Furthermore, lets talk about this entire 'Think about the children!' argument. If parents happen to sing songs out loud that consist of swearing, then I really fail to see them as the kind of parents who wouldn't swear around their kids anyway. In fact, not too long ago I saw a woman outside with her kids that used some colorful language. There was no music in sight.

Meanwhile me? Well, I'm going to be honest with you: I swear all the time. And while this may, in fact, be anecdotal I can assure you of this: It's not because of music, because I never listened to music back when I was younger. I swear a lot because my parents swore a lot. And when I wasn't around them, I was around kids that were swearing because they thought it made them look cool.

If you don't want your kid to swear, then don't swear around them. If you're worried about music with swearwords, then just wear headphones (Not that you'd listen to them, because you want them banned). But music or no music, I'm afraid your kid's going to befriend people, and if they're half as smart as I was, you will never even suspect them.

• There are a few reasons.

1. Does freedom of speech ring the bell? Don't we have a first amendment?
    2. Artists and musicians are artists and musicians because they like to express themselves. Without that ability to freely express themselves, what's the point? They might as well not do what they do.
    3. You choose to listen to that music. These musicians are supported by the people. If you want to listen to music with profanity, that's your choice. If you don't that's also your choice. If you don't want your kid listening to music with profanity, don't let them. And teach them why.
    4. The government already tried to do this, and they failed, because of these reasons. They proposed the idea of banning rock music, and the world revolted.
    This doesn't mean I'm in favor of musicians using a hundred cuss words in a song, as do rap artists. I certainly think there's a time and place for profanity, and it should be used respectfully. I simply think this is a FREE country, with a first amendment that allows us to say as we want.

• I don"t fucking care

Ahishis8ghoerhgerhg ourghioerhgoerh ourehgioerhgoeho huerhgoerhgouhto rthuohoirthgioerhio hheuoghioghoho horghioho horghoerghreogh hoerhgoehgeh hierghioreghoerh ohgiohogherogih eroghorehgohgruhhuer hurghruoguhureu hureuhhuruhruohioerhuoegrhuegrhu hiu hui hui ich hiuhiuhiu ich hin hin iuhiu hau u uu h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h hhhhhhhh h hhh h h hhh h h h h h h h h h h

• One of the amendments is freedom of speech. That will keep people that argue no at the upper hand. This is a free country!!!!!!

This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!!This is a free country!!!!! Yes

• No. No. NO!

Why is this even a debate? Oh arrest me every time I swear. I bet you even the people who said yes have sworn in their life and what happened? It took over the world didn't it? Of course, parents will say "yes" to this but hello, earth to adults, even if you say no swearing should be allowed in music we are still going to hear it other places. Plus, have you listened to a song that bleeps out the swear words? Yeah it's really annoying especially because I love rap and this is how it would go thanks to you guys, "what **** *** **** *** said." Fun.

• No one cares about your children

1. Artistry shouldn't be ever censored or banned, especially because you're oh-so worried about your poor little kid, who's going to... Yeah, what's going to happen when he or she hears it? Are their head going to explode? 2. Freedom of speech, perhaps? 3. If swearing in music were to be banned, heads would roll, especially in hip-hop/rap community.

• Because i said sooooooooooooooooooooo

James said so to and every body said so even Obama so yeah patato bannana said so to two sddfsd fsd f sdf sdf sdf sd fds f sdf sdf dsf dsf sdf dssf sd fgsd f dsf dsf sdf ds fsd f sdf sdf sd fsd fsd f fds

• Nope, nothing wrong here

Music with bad language, like so many other people have wisely stated, is a form of expression. Those who advocate its banning are either uneducated (MoDurban saying that music used to be the 'international language of love and peace') or fearing the influence music has (what if my kids hear it?!). The key of the subject is that music is and always has been a form of expression. It is the right of the artist to say what they please, and how they feel. If it sells, well, then, it sells. If you are a parent or conservative, it is your job to prevent the spread of this music to yourself or those you care about. It is not the world's job to change for you. Think about it.

~ Unknown Artist

• Think a little differently and you will get the answer!

Those musicians and bands with cuss words which seem to belong in the song are fine. But I think it would be beneficial to the musician to create another version of the song, not completely taking out the words but creatively coming up with a filler word for PG fans. For instance: A new song by Cody Nicholls , soundcloud.Com/codynicholls, named St. Principe, has a phrase saying, "move your f.......Ing ass". I have no problem with ass, so what about changing the phrase to "move your bloomin ass". So there you go, easy way to pick up the rest of the listeners who like to follow him. 2 versions R17 and GP.

• "Bad Words" Ban No Longer Needed

With there being so many ways for people to get their entertainment, news and what have you, most of it uncensored coming from sources like the internet----it really is rather silly to continue to ban "curse words" from the public airwaves, especially when it comes to radio and the songs that can be played on that form of broadcasting.

I am a "fan" of music that falls under the genre variously called "Americana," "American Roots Music" or "Outlaw Country." I mostly tend to listen to that music on Sirius/XM so it is not too big a deal since they are not prevented from playing the many songs by some great musical artists that often contain some of those words suck as the "F-word" and the "S Word."

There are some songs that might have such words used once or twice but there is a great song by a singer/songwriter named Jason Isbell who did a song called "Goddam Lonely Love" when he was with the Drive By Truckers that is really a very sad and poignant song about lost love.

This song is great, but thanks to the outdated prohibition by the FCC against use of such words----that song will not be heard by all that many people--which is a shame because it and many others that contain profanity even in small measure---are some damn good song that deal with the way that life falls on us at times and when the "stuff" falls hard on you----saying "oh gosh, darn or dang"--that is just not strong enough language to convey the real emotions, pain and such that we can feel.

We need to get over these illusions that life is always some sort of garden----life is rough and tough and we should not sugar coat it for our kids. They need to learn early on that life is tough and when it gets really rough---a well placed and deserved "curse word" or two does work well.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=MsbhJ2Kb5_g