Should music with explicit sexual lyrics be banned?

• Too many negative impacts.

Even if parental discretion is advised, children still have access to these types of music in schools, with other friends etc. Seeing the negative impacts explicit music can have in the public in general, I think banning it would be a better idea. It would be good for society in so many levels. KEEP SOCIETY CLEAN!!

• Duhh duhh duhh

I sit on the fence with this one. I personally think explicit sexual music is bad. It can have negative influences on people. In my opinion songs like that downgrade women and make them out to be pieces of meat. We're not. I don't want to listen to a song that talks about sex and having sex and a girls body parts. It's gross and should be limited. Especially when you see 13 yr olds singing along. Musicians should at least have some decency and respect to not sing about things like that. Freedom of expression yeah I understand but honestly. If that's all you sing about then I don't see how you can call yourself an artist. If I can make a song singing about sex and drugs and partying then I should start doing so.

• I agree that it should be banned

Banning sexual and violent songs from television and radio will positively affect society as children will be forced to accept good role models and not bad. Sexual and violent songs in today's world is one of the causes of violence and rape which bring forth the effects of STD. My opinion is to ban it completely

• Deleted, not rated.

Honestly, the arguments of why it shouldn't be banned are legitimately correct, I believe that the music that people create should be appropriate. If the music is explicit, you should at least be the age of sixteen to buy/download it or listen to it on YouTube, due to the fact that sixteen is the legal age to be emancipated. The explicit and graphic content can hurt the minds, thoughts, language and actions of our children. Why is it considered amazing, or even good, when all it talks about is how many women/men you'll sleep with, how you pop pills like tic-tacs and smoke marijuana, and kill people? Honestly it is extremely disgusting and it rots the safe and caring thoughts of our children. Furthermore, I agree with banning music with explicit/graphic content for the safety of our children and our world. <3

• Should be banned

In my opinion i think the sexual lyrics should be banned. We have plenty of good songs, no need for the sexual lyrics songs. Children don't the meaning but they will try recognize the songs by learning all the bad words. Today's children's are tomorrow's future so try to make our future better.

• Time for a change

I believe some negative music should be banned. Because it influence young youth children to do wrongful things. In I will some not all far as Drake, Boosie, and Kevin Gates cause they keep it real. In some others artist. I'm basically talking bout the ones that's just now coming in the game.

• Yes, ALL IN!

We need to make music better. Our world that we live in is characterized by bad music. The hard rock songs I listen to are ALWAYS CLEAN, NO EXCEPTION. I will never like or support explicit songs. Yes, it's true I am only 16, but this is my take. Thanks!

• I think yes

The explicit sexual content that people let their children listen to can cause violence at a very young age. It can lead to inadequate attention. The lyrics have a huge impact on young children's moods, attitudes, emotions, and behavior. Violence in television, motion pictures, and other media can cause children to be more violent, desensitized to violence, and fearful of the world. It can cause "mental scarring" in which the content will linger in the mind for a very long period of time causing behavior problems.

• Yeah it's disgusting

• I DO NOT LIKE RAP MUSIC. But everyone has a freedom of speech

Before I begin, I care about my reputation as a hard rocker or metalhead, emo whatever you want to call it i. Do. Not. Like. Rap. However, i wont my personal preference to get involved with the fact that I believe all musicians have a right to say whatever they choose to in their music, as I believe music is a free way to express one's self. Freedom of speech.

You don't have to listen to or agree with whatever the artist wants to say. You also have a right to just not listen to it or turn it off, but it shouldn't be banned just because you don't agree with it.

• Parent's own up to your responsibility

Honestly, there is no statistical evidence to support the claims that sexually explicit music is harmful to kids. And it's not disgusting, sexual pleasure is a real thing that most people want to experience in their life time. And at the end of the day, music is a form of expression, so why should sex be excluded from that? Also, parents, it's not an artists responsibility to taylor their music to what you think is appropriate for people out with their target audiences. If you're so scared of the effects explicit music on your kids, then its your responsibility to control what they listen to.

• Fuck fuck yeah

Yeah fuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuckfuck fuck

• Y9 jr yi

Yt tu t t t t t tt t t t t t t t t t t t t t t tt t t t tt t t t t t t t t t t t t t tt t t t t t t t t t t

• We Want To Speak our Word

Honestly I feel that sexually explicit shouldn't be banned . Us people should be able to speak our word and express ourselves emotionally, physically, sexually, and exceptionally . Yes I know some people may not like hearing that stuff but , if they feel that way all they have to do is not listen to those type of lyrics with all due respect .

• Freedom of speech

This is America, we have freedom of speech. Just take a look at the first amendment to the United States Constitution. We can say whatever we want as long as it doesn't make someone else look bad or endanger lives, or spread false information. We are not china we are america!

• Kkkk k k

K kk kkkkk kkk kk kkk k k k k k k k k k kkn j j j j j j jjjjj j j j jn n n n n n n n n n n n n n b b b b bb b b b b b

• Freedom of Speech

You can say whatever you want you can say whatever you want you can say whatever you want you can say whatever you want you can say whatever you want you can say whatever you want you can say whatever you want you can say whatever you want you can say whatever you want

• Freedom of expression

I think music shouldn't be banned I mean like.... They block the lyrics on the radio but the the children still have access like YouTube for instance but instead of banning it they should put an age limit for the music. People express there anger or any intentional feelings in music. People have a mind of their own they shouldn't just follow all cuz kanye or any of these rappers said "it was cool" people can make there own choices by not following these famous people

Posted by: axox
  • Quality is more important

Any song can be good even if it contains explicit lyrics. And if it is edited, that messes it up. So forget about whether the lyrics are explicit or not and focus on the quality of the song because that is always far more important. Don't ban perfectly good music.

>