• Burning money, not fat

I agree completely with the argument that the individual below has stated. If Obese people are not going to take the matter into their own hands, and deal with their weight, then why should we have to pay for their lack of motivation? If they are are fine with the health issues that come along with being obese, that's fine, but they should have to pay for them. Not us. I also have a feeling that if they were required to pay more taxes, America would see a decline in obesity, even from those who "can't" control their weight.

• Yes, they cost society more money

Obese people require much more medical attention than thinner, and healthier individuals. If Americans will not allow the government to dictate laws designed to control obesity (soda limit in NYC comes to mind) and they themselves will not control their weight, then they should be forced to pay for the consequences. Obese people take up space in hospitals and cost millions of dollars in avoidable illnesses. Obesity is an epidemic and needs to be controlled, but it will not be until the true costs are associated with it.

• Eating yourselves to death

I personally witness a 57 year old woman who's literally eating herself to death. She's constantly in and out of hospitals. She's got major health problems and can't walk anywhere except the bathroom and most times that's a miss. Along with her pacemaker she's got a oxygen machine and a c-pac. She's on about 12 meds per day. That's different types. . . . . Not doses. All of this come s from SSI and she's never had a real job. Not at any time in her life for any real amount of time. It's like watching a extremely slow suicide and the work that comes along with taking care of someone this size is enormous in itself. I'm sorry but I'm disabled and fight to move around as much as possible. To watch someone simply consume to the point that a 450lbs bed is to weak is something that I believe they should pay for. If your going to eat your way past 400 lbs then yes, You should be taxed.

• Eating yourselves to death

• It may not be our concern, but they are still a problem

People always argue "you don't know that person" or "you don't care about that person, mind your own business" when you say fat people should take care of their health and often that's right... But the thing is: it do affect us and our money so we do have a right to complain.

• Well, of course!

They use up the health system, so of course they should pay for it! I hate to break it to the excuse-users, but there is nothing genetic about being fat. Nothing. Not one thing. If you choose to eat McDonalds everyday, sit on your couch all day everyday, have a lot of fatty deserts afterwards, and use the scooters around Walmart, then you should pay more for shit. We're sick of paying for your shit! Fat is gross and is a burden to society. Seriously, if there is a solution to the obesity epidemic that's sweeping the country, its called taxing the fat. A person on here had mentioned airlines. Great idea. It's not just healthcare. Fat human elephants could also cause turbulence on an airplane, so how about instead of fat people just paying for that shit, how about they not be allowed on a plane at all? And if they travel by boat, they'll sink the fucking boat! Tax the fat. And, no travel for fat people. If the fats wanna travel so badly, they should just lose weight. That'll show em'!!

• Put down the fork

Being fat is 100% personal choice. If you are fat you are consuming more calories than you burn. Stop eating high calorie junk food and start getting some exercise. Why should the rest of us who take care of ourselves have to pay your medical bills? If it were up to me youd get fined $1000 each year that your bmi increases or stays the same unless you are already in a healthy bmi range.

• Put down the extra serving, or get taxed

Obese people should get taxed for being fat. The tax should be in different tiers based on how over weight you are. Once you loose weight and can manage it for a given time your tax would go down. Once you get under the fat zone your tax would go away. I don't believe we should be taxing food and beverages. It is just punishing the people that have self control and that can eat in moderation. Granted there are a select few that have medical conditions that make them fat. If they do and have a medical doctor provide paperwork stating nothing can be done to fix the issue, then no they should not be taxed. But come on that is a drop in the bucket. Most just need to get off the couch and lift something more than the remote. If we don't fix this issue now, in a few years everyone is just going to be expected to except fat people like nothing is wrong and that it's ok to be fat. When that day comes it's going to become the norm and your going to have an epidemic of fat people. It's already almost there. We should look to Japan as inspiration, since they have passed a fat tax, before they have issues.

• Some people can't help it

It is not exactly their fault for eating foods they want. It is just dumb that people think that fat people pay taxes. Look at how the obese people feel. They are already made fun of anyways, and besides, they are still humans like you and me. What about people who have been convicted of a crime. They should pay more taxes. The government is just trying to get more money. How greedy.

• Obese people should not be taxed.

Aside from the fact that many people have thicker bones than others due to genetics, many have an uncontrollable condition causing them to be overweight. With certain needed medications being a known problem to increase weight gain many don't have a choice on whether they're gaining weight or not, and they continue to spend money on the prescribed medication to help another problem needed to be fixed, and then they have to worry about being taxed more when they're already spending more money than the average person on medical expenses? Not to mention the 15% anorexia rate in teens caused by an ideal image to fit societys standards, more teens will develop an eating disorder to stay away from the worry of feeling as if they'll be taxed once they reach adulthood. 20% of teens die from an eating disorder and the percent will drastically increase from putting pressure on self conscious teens feeling as if they need to fit a standard.

• No way!

The government is looking for another way to tax someone. People are obese for many reasons. I was injured on the job, and I have gained a lot of weight because I am limited to what I can do. I used to be very athletic and thin. Now, I am overweight and fighting workman's comp to fix my hand. Just because someone is overweight or obese does not give the government the right to tax or discriminate against them because there could be a reason why that person has a weight problem!

• Obese People Should Not Pay More Taxes

I believe there are a lot pf people that should be paying more taxes than they are, but obese people are not any of those individuals. It is ridiculous to base the amount of taxes you pay on how much you weigh. Obese people should not have to pay more taxes than others.

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no

• We have experienced this kind of stuff all through history

First of all most obese people don't know how to fix their problem and simply need help fixing it....NOT TO BE TAXED! When I say that we have experienced this kind of stuff all through history I mean that with Hitler for example, he started out by taxing all the people who didn't look or act a certain way, after that he started dehumanizing them then killed about 11 million people. Then with the black community in American history we started by bullying them because of their skin color then dehumanizing them until they had no rights and were treated as property. Not only that but women all over the world were treated as property and had no rights just because their anatomy was different. We will begin doing the same thing to people who weigh "too much" according to today's standards and if you think about it today's idea of "pretty" is a woman who fits in size 0 jeans and weighs about 125-130 pounds. So people who weigh 150 could be considered obese. Let's help the obese and not tax them if we want to make a change.

• It is unfair

If fat people are 'taking up resources' then they are already paying for it by having to buy more food ore whatever. Making them pay even more is just plain unfair as we would just be putting an even bigger strain on them and maybe even make them have depression, which might lead to comfort eating and make them even fatter

• No we should not!

What about drug addicts? Alcoholics? They must cost the NHS way more than fat people do. If they were to bring fat tax in then I for one will be done with paying taxes. I am going to be straight down that jobcentre claiming benefits. Why do I work full time funding the holiday camps(also known as prison) and the lazy people who pop a baby out every 5 minutes?! Now for them to add fat tax just because you don't have a perfect body...NO!

• Nonono non on

No no nog, t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t tt t t t t t t t t t t t t t t

• No fat people should not be taxed for being obese

If we do tax obese people because of their size they won't feel like their people they will feel like they are animals. There will be more anorexic kids and parents people feel like their fat BUT THEY ARE NOT. They are so skinny that people on the streets will think are they dieing but no they just want to be skinny. If they turn anorexic their bones will be fragile and might even break easier than if they were fat. So that's why I disagree with fat people should be taxed more.

>