Should Older Siblings Be Able to Punish the Younger Sibling?

Asked by: COUREE_FLUTE
  • Cause that’s the parents responsibility, And older siblings don’t have the patient and understanding nor self control

Cause sibling discipline creates a host of problems from bullying, Intimidation, Depression and resentment, I’m 58 yes old and I remember the things my older brothers did and their form of discipline, To this day I’m not close to my brothers and I hated what they did, What they said and how they said it, I feel uncomfortable being around to, I don’t accept anything from them, I reach out to me but I don’t respond to their requests, Things will never be the same cause I can’t forget what they did and how they treated me

• Older Siblings Have Some Authority- But Not To Punnish

Discipline is the job of the parent and should never be passed down to the younger siblings. It is not fair, and it does not allow the siblings to have a natural relationship. When a younger sibling is being disobedient and not listening to the older sibling, the older sibling should simply go to the parent.

• It is a bad idea

Studies have found that when most individuals are given the power to punish their piers they abuse that power. Children are not mature enough to handle having power over another person and still act responsibly. Few children know what is an acceptable punishment as well or the effects their punishment can have.

• It is not up to the siblings to solve arguments.

Parents should be the ones who deal the punishments. Siblings don't particularly understand well the concept of punishment. Leave this job to the parent. They will make a much better job of it than the sibling, as they will most likely understand the problem better than the "older" sibling, however old that sibling may be.

>