Should ordained ministers of the Universal Life Church be allowed to offer Eucharist to Christians?

• Of course they should.

Here are the rules for the Universal Life Church: 1. Be Kind To Each Other. That's about it. If you want to be Christian, the ULC will accept that. If you want your faith to include Eucharist, the ULC will accept that as well. Remember, when it's your church, you get to make up the rules.

• Why do you separate Universal Life Church from Christianity?

I am a Christian, My denomination is Lutheran, And I feel called to the ministry. Since I have to work full-time, I'm not able to become an ordained minister in the 'traditional' way, That is, Attending Seminary. I currently fill in as a lay-person who leads services at a neighboring church, Because they have been without a Pastor for a couple of years now. I put the service together, Write my own sermons, Deliver them, And do everything an ordained Pastor would do, Except offer the Eucharist. Since the Universal Life Church is open to all those who believe that the Eucharist is essential in basic Christian theology, I don't see any reason at all that an ordained minister of the ULC shouldn't participate in it. I think it is a wonderful thing that a ULC minister can do this, When otherwise it would not be available. And as a Christian, I would not feel uncomfortable accepting the Eucharist from a ULC minister. What's important is what you feel on the inside when you receive it, Not what's on the outside. My two cents. . .

• They should be allowed

Why would they not be allowed? I think that ordained ministers of this particular church should be able to offer the Eucharist to whoever they feel they believe needs it. I feel like excluding people from the Eucharist is just another way to follow some sort of elitism and keep people out.

• Yes, if any ministers are able to marry people.

Many people, including many main stream ministers, believe that there should first be legal marriage and that then ministers should be asked to bless what has been legally done, as in European nations. So if we are going to let (almost force) ministers to legally marry people, then any arbitrary definition of minister will do.

• Yes, because universalists have no rules.

Yes, ordained ministers of the Universal Life Church should be allowed to offer the Eucharist to Christians, but I don't know of any Christian that would want the Eucharist given to them by a Universalist. The point of Universalism is that there are no rules. So the Universalist can do whatever they want, including giving the Eucharist to Christians. But a Christian probably wants their Eucharist from someone who believes in something.

• No I think it is wrong

I don't think ministers of the Universal Life Church should be allowed to offer Eucharist to Christians. The reason is I don't see the Universal Life Church as truly Christian and following the same beliefs. To allow them to do so would be greatly watering down the Christian belief for people.