Should parents hit their children for their misbehavior?

• Yes they should

Hit em and hit em goood i always say. Stop crying or i will give you something to cry about. WHACK. That is the way you have good kids. Good kids come from a good backhand. I do agree with smacking kids and i am a doctor. I love america

Posted by: puff
  • Spare the rod

I was beaten a lot as a kid and at the time, I would cry and yell at my mother saying with tears, snot and anger on my face that I would never hit my children. And she would say, 'Just wait.' As I look back now, I realise that had she not beaten me, I would have turned out very differently. I am happy with my disposition and she says she is proud of who I am today when I recall the stories to her of her disciplining me. I don't understand this new trend of kids being treated like delicate china and not being reprimanded for misbehaviour. I've seen too many kids that are out of control because they control their parents and not the other way around.

• Sometimes it's the only thing that works

If a child is playing with matches and about to drop a match into a can of gas, you don't calmly ask them to stop what they're doing, then put them into time out. You smack the match out of their hand and THEN tell them why it's bad. Sometimes, physically punishing your children is the only thing you can do to get the point across. If EVERY generation up until recently hit their children, and the world didn't end, then why do we suddenly think it's so bad? It isn't and people need to get over their PC crap.

• Yes builds character

I am 16 and was hit when I was younger. It made me a respectful, successful, and hard-working person I am now. There are tons of kids that go to my school with are ride to their peers, teachers, and people of other racial or religious backgrounds. Still there parents never hit them and insult parents that do.

• there is a clear line between hitting and abuse.

I used to get spanked once in a while for my behavior and I turned out fine. Sometimes time out or sending them to their room doesn't cut it. Abuse is very different from discipline. I understand that there are abusive parents out there that strongly believe theyre doing the right thing by beating up heir child, but there are other parents who area very good at disciplining their children without having CPS come and knock at their door.

• Teach them a lesson, but do not traumatize them.

Kids nowadays do not have respect for their elders and as result misbehave. A slap on the hand or small spanking can always straighten any child who misbehave. "Action speaks louder than words", as long you do no go to far as to beat the kids. Sometimes people do not understand that the right punishment should be a small spanking or slap on the hand. It is the reason why people are against physical punishment, because they tend to get carried away and go too far. A slap on the hand or small spanking is not considered (in my opinion) a beating, but more of a lesson that the child learns doing what right then wrong.

• Yes!

I believe the kids should get a pop on their hand because so when the children gets old they no not to do it again also the bible says train your children so when they get older they will depart from it so yes you should just pop them on the hand and tell them don't do it again

• If The Chile Deserves It...

What's the parent supposed to do if the kid is going crazy and won't listen. Gently say, "Now, Fredrick, stop?" NO! If a child is doing something wrong, a small smack or a spanking seems only appropriate. If you slap them across the face, or punch them it's a different story.

• YES

I was spanked a child, never once have I had a "behavioral" issue. It is a quick and easy way for a child that can barely understand speech and basic concepts to understand right and wrong. Of course do not beat them. But it teaches a child quicker then saying, "No mommy is upset go stand in a corner and think about it." When really they're thinking of unicorns and the next thing they want to snack on.

• When they need punishment

The child needs to learn early in life that bad behavior is painful. I am not saying beat a child. I am talking about a spanking on the behind with clothes on and only using your open hand. This punishment must be used only as a last resort. When taking privileges away and time out fail to work and the offense is continual then the child needs to know just how serious you are, and spanking can fit that purpose.

• No it makes you feel like your nothing.

I am thirteen years old right now. I still get slapped. I cry every night because my mom says I'm ugly, fat, and I have no friends. When she slaps me it makes me just want to be dead and it makes you feel worthless. I think its so wrong!

• No!

As a matter of fact, never. I mean, I was spanked as a child, and I still think it's wrong. Now listen, they do it because they want their kids to behave. But the parents don't realize that they're going to grow up to be abusive people. That's just wrong. These parents deserve to be in a mental hospital. When I grow up, I'm going to be a good parent. I don't want to be enemy of the kids, I want them to be good people like me, but abusing is not going to help.

• It affects behavior

Hitting your children can cause them to misbehave and eventually start hitting other kids, thinking it's okay. As a child i was hit for my misbehavior and it caused me to act out even more resulting in my mother abusing me. Hitting your children can very easily get carried away.

• I say no

It will affect a child later on in life and it could paralyze them cause them back problems or back pains or could even result in death it wont help because their rage will just be bottled up and eventfully it will burst out it is just cruel barbaric against human nature and it is child abuse

• No not ever

If you hit your child just don't tell him that you love him, you don't. People hit their children for disobeying them or talking back. The only lesson learned is that your parent is a tyrant who wants to totally control you and should not be trusted. If someone hits you, they don't love you, period.

• Violence begets violence.

Hitting a child seems to me a temporary solution with potentially very damaging long-term effects. I think children who are hit are likely to become parents who hit, the message hitting sends out is that those who are stronger physically are the mighty ones, that force wins, that parents cannot find a more nurturing solution. There's always another way...

Anyway, my opinions on this matter are very well reflected by these articles, should you wish to read them.

Http://www.Slate.Com/articles/life/family/2008/09/spare_the_rod.Html

http://psychcentral.Com/blog/archives/2012/08/16/why-shouldnt-you-spank-your-kids-heres-9-reasons/

• You have no right to physically hurt anyone, kids are human

Kids are very innocent and should be treated with respect. You have no right to hurt them, they dont know how to behave, you have to teach them and hitting is never a way. Would you like if your boss hit you when you made a mistake at your job? Treat them like human beings and respect their innocence. You hit them only because they wont hit you back, think about hitting someone your age and you will get a proper reply.

• Parents should never hit their child

When parents hit their kids their relationship becomes worse and worse every single time they hit the children. From this cause, kids could get scared of their parents and run away. For this reason if parents dont hit their kids they dont run away. Now i'm not saying that once the kids do something wrong the parents should ignore it, i'm saying that the parents could punish them by not having their phone for a couple of weeks, not going out for a month, etc.

• Don't Spank Your Children

I've a very complicated relationship with my parents because they used to hit me whenever I did something wrong. I was the angry teenager who hated my parents because of this. I love them, but I HATE them. Hitting your child means you don't know how to be a parent.

• Do not hit!

Is it a violation of basic moral principles for you to hit someone because you personally do not condone that person's behavior. Children who are hit as punishment by an adult build up feelings of anger which they act on after they have grown big enough to better defend themselves from the adult. Small children who are hit by an adult often develop fantasies of revenge against the adult.

Posted by: utor

Anonymous says2013-05-14T21:01:47.847
Parents should have the right to hit there own kids.
NathanaelPierre14 says2014-04-26T23:03:49.237
To be honest....It never worked on me. I always used to question why would she beat me when i do something wrong, even if i didn't do it? She would never listen to me and always jump to conclusions. To me, beating didn't straighten me out, it made me worse and behave more badly.
Danarchy737 says2017-04-20T20:36:33.340
Hitting your kids is lazy parenting. If your kid doesn't respect you unless you smack them around that's your own fault.
>