Should parents make their kids study during summer vacation?

• Just 30 minutes a day is fine

I know that kids have been working hard for 180 days and had exams and tests and need a break, But if you’re away from studying for 2 whole months you’ll forget many things and won’t be ready for next year. I study for 30-45 mins everyday besides weekends and I feel good going into seventh grade just 30 minutes to keep your skills in check is good. I mean I play fortnite for like 3 hours a day after I study

• Summer vacation is to do free not to study sitting alone in the room

I am 10 years old and why I have to study at summer vacation and I want to also relax be free I am studing 180 days and I have to study at summer vacation also I now we have to study but in limited not like always just study I and other children who have to study at summer vacation our mind can think just to study we can be mental also.

• Why no though???

Kids have worked and studied for 180 days at school and some parents don’t understand that their kids need to have a break. I think that kids should have their own free time for the 2 months that they have. Kids are getting bossed around because their parents force them to do work and they don’t do it well. It’s not the child’s fault, it’s the parent’s. We need to let the kids have their freedom for 2 months they only have.

• No!! But sometimes yes!

I am 15 years old and its my summer vacations going on. I am having boards paper the next year so my mom is making me study just for 2 hours daily excluding my tutions which will definitely help me scoring better marks in the boards so we should study but not always as its our summer vacations we need to enjoy.

• IT is best to retain what you learned all year

An hour a day of studying during the summer will help prepare students for the upcoming school year. Better preparation will provide your student with more confidence and less stress during the school year. Why pile all your studying at the last minute? Make better use with so much available time.

• Its all about time management and preparation.

• No they shoudnt!!!!!!!!!!

They need to rest their mind from the work they have been doing in school and they want to meet their friends. Also if they study a lot they could get headaches and they would never go out of their room. Even when you want to go outside they wont go. Thats why

• Any time studying counts

Even if it is only 30 mins it wont hurt to go over some future content that will be taught in school next year. Note that you don't have to study everyday. Some parents force their child to study everyday even though studying in free time is better for the child's health. In my opinion that is bad parenting

• Studying isn't that bad.

I'm 15 years old and I have big exams next year, so this summer my mom is making me study. I have 10 subjects so I do study two subjects for 40 minutes each a day. This means I only have to do 1 hour and 20 minutes of studying every day and I don't have to study at all on the weekends. I don't mind and its going to be very beneficial to me doing my exams. As long as you're not studying hours a day I think its a very good idea. Also, you can enjoy your studying because there aren't any deadlines, it's very casual and relaxed.

• Learning can be fun.

Maintaining the study habit is important. Summer vacation can be a time kids study their interests. Building a tree house. Sewing a dress. Gardening. Building a bee box and raising bees, etc. Any project with guidelines to study and steps to follow. And an ending product to measure effort and knowledge.

• Why the heck would we want to study during the summer

Hi I am 12 years old and my dad always made my math homework I am in middle school now and I have all As in my math class. He thinks I got good grades because of my worksheets i had to do. One time i was punished by being whipped because i went outside to see my friends who lived in my neighbor hood. All i wanted was a break not many math packets. If you could see how many math packets me and my brother did if you saw one of us you would be shocked. My dad is the worst parent ever. One time i didn't finish my math packet and he made me stay up until 3 am and finish it. The worst thing he had ever done is make me kneel down NAKED. Yes you heard that correctly. When it comes to studying he has anger issues. If i don't understand something he would say i already learned it and when i asked my teacher she would say "that is 7th grade math " i was infuriated and shocked he gave me 7th grade math. When my teacher Asked "Did ou enjoy your summer i said no. She said why. I said my parents made me do math packets for the whole summer. My teacher talked with my parents and said hello is my son doing good already. My teacher then sighed and said do you know what summer is for my parents said study study study. My teacher said it is for breaks and a stress free environment. My parents argued and i had to switch school because of that i had to say goodbye to my friends and my brother did so too. If your wondering who she was, her name is Mrs Zito powell middle school

• Absolutely not! Never

Parents kids need a need a break from school. Summer vacation is that special break they have been waiting for all year. School is so stressful they mention education during summer. Kids I know how you feel if your parents are making you work or study. I wish I could help. :(

• Just 30 minutes a day is fine

• Im forced to study

I live in the UK so summer holiday/vacation is only 6 weeks.
    My parents make me study and have banned me from video games and stuff, In the UK we also have a stupid thing called GCSE in year 10, So my parents want me to do well in yr 9 but i have rlly good grades and i can't enjoy my life.

• No they shouldn't

I know I might be racist saying this but my mum is asian and she makes my life a living hell when it comes to studies. I'm a A star student and I get A's on all my classes but she thinks its because of this website and all the tutoring I do. I really hate coming home after school because as soon as I walk through the door I have more lessons and classes to do. I feel so stressed out and I feel so pressured. Like once I skipped a class and my mum thought I became dumb. Also she does this because all of her asian friends makes their kids do all kinds of classes and makes them have no freedom. I feel my mums trophy. She makes me do classes cause she wants to compete with her friends. I hate all my classes and tutoring i do. I dont have any passion for anything i do. And if their are classes i want to do like dance or art im not allowed to do it because its not related to studies. Im scared to tell my dad because i tried to once but my mum found out and now she blackmails me saying if you dont do your tutoring or classes dont ever call me mum and dont expect me to take care of you anymore. Like wtf im so fed up now

• A little but Not all the Time

We work so hard during ten months of school and then 2 months of break all we do is study. Summer is the only time when we get to enjoy so we shouldnt have to worry about school ext years. Although its for our own good to study, Lets be honest, None of us want to

• Too much work

It is called summer break for a reason. Summer is to give your children a break from all the stress and work they have to do/complete in school. Giving them work during summer break is the worst thing you could do. If youre going to make your child study and do worksheets, wake up before 11am and follow a set time table wouldn't that be school but at home basically home schooling. I am just telling you parents that your child would've been waiting for this summer break for all year and they really need a break from all the hardwork and efforts they have put into school. Please give your child a break and let them enjoy the things they love to do. I am 14 and whilst all my friends are outside playing and having fun i have to wake up at 8:00am and have to study and do worksheets up to 8:00pm . It stresses me out a lot knowing that something that i was looking forward to for the whole years did not turn out to be what i imagined. So parents please, DONT GIVE YOUR CHILD WORK/STUDY DURING THE SUMMERR

• No,kids should not study during summer break

Like others said students study 180 days which is pretty much two quarters out of 365 days or twelve months!
    They should be able to enjoy themselves to their hearts content,this is my stance on this argument I hope you guys are not cruel enough to make your children study for the whole summer break

• Kids need freedom during break

If you study during break, then your parents want to bore you and stress you out. You should be allowed to do what you want. That's why schools give breaks. They don't give breaks for you to study. Parents don't care. They only want you to be smart. It doesn't matter to them. They don't care if you worked and stressfully for 180 days. All they care about is education especially mothers. If you are bossed around, then remind them you are on vacation and have a break. Say that you have 180 days to work and be stressed and only 2 months to relax. Do not let parents boss you around. It's the worst thing to let happen to your life.

• Kids are Kids

Kids should be using this valuable time being kids, so let your child do what they want. Also, studying in the summer can be stressful and very disappointing to kids. Plus, a child can use this chance to learn what they like and become more independent which is needed in life.

>