• I'm 14 and I was bullied a lot

They shouldn't be fined the ones who get bullied shuld grow a paire of balls grabe a couple of friends and stand up to the bully and if they see it happening jump in and help they could be the heros of school and start a group that runs around and not talk abought bullys but scare them so they learn there lesion that is what I had to do and you know what it worked and I'm good friends with the people that helped me so that is the way to get it done. And this is from first hand. Good luck in the fight with bullying . Please just try my way. Please

• Why not? They deserve it!

Why shouldn't you pay. I havn't thought about the topic like this before but, if parents did have to pay fines it might help bullying stop! It might also help with cyber bullying. The phone bills should be higher if they bullying gets reported. So, why not go for it! You have my vote!

• I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Bullies can be really cruel to other kids. Some bullies only bully other kids because they are scared or depressed. They take it out on other kids to just make them feel better. If parents do pay it will help the bullying stop. It's their responsibility for their child's actions. It's their parents fault their child is like that. So parents SHOULD PAY FINES for their child's bullying. :)

• I think it will be nice

It is, in one way or another, the parents fault. Even if it's not, the money can be taken out of the bully's(kid's) allowance, because money is a sensitive issue for kids. It should surely work. I think bullying can reduce to very less with this concept. VERY GOOD IDEA!

• I think this is good.

I believe this should happen because some kids that are bullied will kill them selves. That is not fair for that kid and that kids parents. So that is why I am choosing yes. Actually the bully needs to pay the fine and should also need to go to jail for that

• Bullies are mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullies need to learn that being mean will get you no where. They need to wake up and pay a fine. It will alert parents of things they may not no about their kids. Like the fact they are bullies to other people. A fine would solve the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This needs to happen

Lets face it, not all parents are parent material, some could care less about there kid picking on another. They say " oh well, kids will be kids". Now when it comes to MONEY that's another story, every body needs money, and when a parent has to pay 200 dollars because their kid harassed another, you better believe that the parents will make sure their kid stops. Its a ingenious idea and needs to happen, and hey, more money for the school system. It's a win win.

• Defiantly because it will spread!

Not a bad idea! I haven't thought of this before, but you know what - it's actually not a bad idea! If parents had to actually pay money for their children's bullying behavior, perhaps they would do more to stop that behavior. They could take that money out of the bully's allowance, for example, to make the kid feel it as well.Not a bad idea! I haven't thought of this before, but you know what - it's actually not a bad idea! If parents had to actually pay money for their children's bullying behavior, perhaps they would do more to stop that behavior. They could take that money out of the bully's allowance, for example, to make the kid feel it as well

• They should pay!!

The kid bullies a kid. The school fines the parents. If they don't pay the kid can't graduate high school. Parents want kid to graduate high school. They pay the fine. Parents take the money out of the kids allowance. Kid likes money but it gets taken away and parents ground him for some time. Kid stops.

• DEFINATELY!!! It is fair!

The kid needs to pay for what he or she has done. Even if it is the parents fault the child should be able to get away with it. Bullies have made others lives a misery. The least they can do is pay a fine tho pay back for the pain, money and lunches they have taken away from the child. It must change

• I say no bc if the parents are getting punished what are the bullies going to learn

Also if their parents are abusers the kid get abused more which can lead to emotional problems and then become into a rage of bullying .
    If the child is bullying because of emotional problems the school or parents need to get to the resource of this . THE END

• Some parents can't control their kids.

TIT IS THE CHILD'S FAULT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT THE PARENT'S FAULT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The parents do not do the bulling that the their children are held acountable for. Even though many of the bullie's parents are abusive the parents arent doing the bullieing . It is the bully not the parents fault

• What if Parents Don't Punish Their Kid

Parents might not give the child the punishment they deserve. I am 11 and I think that parents give punishments like no desert or your grounded for the rest of the night. These are not the right punishment in my opinion and kids should get punished for their own actions,not parents. I think that kids should be punished,not parents! Parents want the best for their kids. They can not control them when bullying outside of school if they do not know what was happening,and if they get fined they might not even punish their kid and just tell them the “Don’t do it again” speech,and finally the parents try their best and tell their children not to bully but the child might have divorced parents and more!
    my first reason is because the kid could be bullying other children behind their parents back! If a child is bullying another child they obviously will not tell their parent that they are bullying another child. The parent will look at them and see that the child is happy and ask them how their day was. The child will of course say it was good so their parent does not get mad. Parents and teachers will tell kids to be nice to each other but the child will not listen.

• This solves nothing!

Most of the reasons bullies become bullies is because they are mad at their parents because of some personal reason. Anyway, this will create even more conflict than there was before. They bullies will bully even more just to create problems for their parents if the know he/she will effect them. This would just make the parents even more angry which could lead to abuse. (if there wasn't already any) which as i said earlier creates more conflict!

• Kids shouldn't be bullied

Kids shouldn't be bullied in school or any were at all but if people that have kids that are bullies. There parents shouldn't be fined or any thing it is not a crime but the bully's should be punished for bulling in school or any thing and you should stand up and tell the bully you are tired of being bulled all the time. Or you can go tell a teacher about it and get your freinds to help you get threw

• Parents of bullies should not pay a fine.

Parents should not pay the price of a bully because...
    1. Children need to learn how to take responsibility for their actions. Parents can't be held accountable for something they might not know is going on. Children should just learn to respect adults! I think kids should do community service.

2. Some parents have money problems and can't afford to pay the price. $124 is quite a bit of money that parents could put towards food or rent. Some parents have low paying jobs and can't pay the price.

3. Parents paying a fine will not change a child's actions. Parents can't control what goes on at school and the bullying could continue. Parents talking to the bullies would be just as effective as paying the price. Children need to have consequences that affect them or they will not change.

Imagine if your parents had to pay $124 from bullying! How long would you be grounded? Its the bullies that need to pay the price, not the parents!

• Parents of bullies should not pay fines if their child is a bully.

• No they shouldn't

Why would you punish the parent instead of the child?? Some parents don't even know their child is bullying someone until they are contacted about it. And the reason for bullying doesn't always start at home. Some kids are just rude because they think they are better than everyone. Fining the parent wont make the child stop bullying nor will it teach them a lesson. The child wont care because they aren't the ones paying the fine. Most bullies don't listen to their parents anyways. So parents shouldn't have to pay fines.

• I totally agree!!!

The kids should have to pay for their mistakes. Most bulling starts at home. If you add financial problems to the arguments of the parents (usually divorced parents) then bulling gets worse and the kids keep bulling plus, there not getting punished so they keep doing it. We should punish the kids instead like, community services.

• Parents of bullies should not be fined

Parents of bullies should not be fined. I think this because parents are probably already trying to get their kids to stop but it's not working. Also, kids won't stop bullying just because their parents are being fined. Most kids don't even care about money. So how is fining going to help?

>