Should passing the OSSLT be a mandatory requirement to receive a high school diploma?

• Yes, passing the OSSLT should be required to get your diploma.

The OSSLT is an important part of the education evaluation process. It provides information on how our education system is working. It also ensures that graduates are qualified. It is to easy for a small school to pass a star athlete on reasons other than their educational abilities. The OSSLT prevents this abuse from giving away a free diploma.

• Standardized testing is not an accurate representation of one's cognitive abilities.

Different people have different brains that work differently, You wouldn't ask a fish to climb a tree like you wouldn't ask a tortoise to swim. They state that the standardized test is for the purpose of a fair evaluation but that's the irony it isn't fair. Some students may excel in tests but some may struggle as they may need more time and work into their answers. Some students may also be special needs and are extremely smart but can't show it in the format of a standardized test. Standardized tests are part of an archaic and factory like system to mold people into a collective and stifle individualism. It's time to leave it behind.

• It's just stupid.

What person that's made it all the way to f***ing grade 10 in high school is illiterate? My brain simply cannot process a human being of such idiocy. 'Oh, Well maybe they have some sort of developmental disorder that makes this sort of thing particularly challenging for them'. Yeah, And none of the teachers have figured that out by now! ? We don't need this test, And we especially don't need it this far into school.

• No. . . Vey bad

Arrrarr rtfd fT GY GA DHADSH HH H H H H H H H H J B VFC FC VG B ICVFC VGT J HU YTT YH UBJ IUHBYU GV YVC YCVY T VB UHYYU Y UY BGYB YUB YUHB YUB YUB YBY BYBY BYB Y HYY YT YF TRDRX

• The test favours certain types of learners

I failed my test. I am a good student. I work hard; I read a lot, And my writing is decent. The problem is I am really anxious, And I do things slowly. That's me. . . That's how I learn. I ran out of time - failed by 10 marks. I feel embarrassed and like a failure. I have a 85% average in English, But I failed the Literacy test.

• No it should not be

I have failed the osslt. I am an honor roll student who has an average of a 93. The testing is biases and I got a total of 299 and 300 was required. The test is useless and stupid and hopefully gets banned. I hate how this defines me as a student.

• It's too stressful and it isn't fair

Not all students learn at the same level or are even good test takers. It ruins grade tens across Ontario mentally when they tell us we either need to pass he test or pass one of the classes to graduate a class. If you're in grade ten you obviously aren't illiterate

• It's very bad

OSSLT Is not a good and it is instead indeed a very bad bad and should more than most likely be oBLITERATED from schools all over the nation you are welcome for my supporting argumeny my dear valid arduent redundant friend you are indeed the big very much much welcome.

• Bitch i don't have time

I don't learn anything from dark lighting.
    We aren't learning any life skills in this test.
    High school is preparing us for the real world not all students are going to collage we all need to prepare our self for the future, Not hazelnuts.
    Thank u now let me graduate without giving me a stroke

• Stupid and dumb

Every year the Education Quality and Accountability Office conducts the OSSLT that costs the government over 7. 5 million dollars to perform. This money is mostly taken from taxpayers pockets and squandered on a test with little benefits to students or staff. Each student costs 52 dollars to write the test, And many do not pass (EQAO. Com). The test is one of the 71 mandatory graduation requirements, And if it is failed, A student would have to retake the test until they pass (edu. Gov. On. Ca). Students have to take a mandatory amount of 4 compulsory English credits to graduate from high school, And the literacy test is designed to evaluate their knowledge from only the first year of lessons. It does not touch on any higher courses, And has little benefit to their future lives. They have to write a creative writing piece on a newspaper article, Respond to short answer questions, Construct a full essay, And complete multiple choice questions comprised in two 75 minute periods. The multiple choice questions are weighted as heavily as the written pieces, Putting no emphasis on the writing tasks. Thus the Ontario Literacy Test should be eradicated from all schools province wide, As it can impede student learning from other classes.

• Stupid and dumb

Every year the Education Quality and Accountability Office conducts the OSSLT that costs the government over 7. 5 million dollars to perform. This money is mostly taken from taxpayers pockets and squandered on a test with little benefits to students or staff. Each student costs 52 dollars to write the test, And many do not pass (EQAO. Com). The test is one of the 71 mandatory graduation requirements, And if it is failed, A student would have to retake the test until they pass. Students have to take a mandatory amount of 4 compulsory English credits to graduate from high school, And the literacy test is designed to evaluate their knowledge from only the first year of lessons. It does not touch on any higher courses, And has little benefit to their future lives. They have to write a creative writing piece on a newspaper article, Respond to short answer questions, Construct a full essay, And complete multiple choice questions comprised in two 75 minute periods. The multiple choice questions are weighted as heavily as the written pieces, Putting no emphasis on the writing tasks. Thus the Ontario Literacy Test should be eradicated from all schools province wide, As it can impede student learning from other classes.