• Pet.

Yes, people should be allowed to keep pit bulls. Just because the breed as a whole has a bad reputation of being aggressive doesn't mean they all are. They are all dogs and they are going to behave how you train them to behave. It should not be based only on the type of dog.

• Yes, more deaths are caused by domestic rats than pitbulls.

My grandmother, who is 80 years old, lives between two neighbors who both own pitbulls, a total of 4. They have never hurt her and she loves to play catch with them. (She can't throw she sort of just rolls the ball...not the point.) I own an Australian Shepard so you may say I shouldn't have an opinion. But I guarantee you any animal can be trained to love.

• Yes

But with the knowledge that they need a great amount of care. Taking care of a pit bull is somewhat like being a zoo keeper. There is nothing wrong about having a tiger in a zoo but you better know what you are getting into before you get started with it.

Pit bulls can cause all sorts of problems for their owners so someone just wanting a dog better have a great understanding of what's going to be needed from them to keep them self, the dog and other people safe if they want to have one.

• YES THEY SHOULD!!!

Pit bulls should be allowed not only in the United States but in all the states that they have made them illegal! Why? Because pit bulls are wonderful energetic canine who just want to be loved and want to please their owners. But since the media as given then such a bad reputation everybody as assumed they are dangerous dogs. In addition it is not the dog who is bad, we shouldn't be blaming them! We should be blaming the owners for being irresponsible and not taking care of them and for not being committed to all the responsibilities and taking them out to exercise and grooming them and everything that they need. Owners are the ones to blame. This is why I say that pit bulls should be allowed they just need qualified owners to teach them the correct way with plenty of positive reinforcement, treats and training.

• Yes ! !

You should be able to have a pit bull. The only thing that really makes them mean is how they are raised. If you raise them like they are trash they will be mean, but if you raise them like you care about them and love them they will be good dogs.

• PitBulls are good pets

All of the Pit Bulls don't get treated fairly in this world nowadays. WHERE IS THE LOVE AMERICA? Pit Bulls aren't always dangurous when it comes to thinking about it, Really. My mom's friend has a pit bull mix and a 5 year old, He hasnt hurt her once in her life.

• Super sweet creatures

They are super sweet I have three of my own herbie, Bella, And tank. My cousin has type 2 diabetes and her pit bull is used as an alert dog. A few weeks ago he saved her life because her sugar was very low. So as I said they are kind and loving creatures. And as my favorite sweat shirt says don't bully my breed

• Yes people should be able to own pitbulls

Yes people should be allowed to keep pitbulls. Just because the breed has a whole bad reputation of being aggressive doesn't mean they all are. They're all dogs and they are going to behave how you treat them. It should not be based on the type of dog they all act different.

• They can be nice

I think if we can train them to be nice once they are born but if don't them it could effect them. If you have a baby at home then I suggest that you leave the dog with someone so that the baby doesn't get hurt and make sure that the pit bull is nice and friendly because if can affect them. God made animals to be special and I think if we help the pit bull then the pit bulls could be nice

• Yes they should!

Its the people! If people are raising it wrong or being mean to their dog then the dog will be mean its common sense. For instance... My best friend has a pit bull, sweetest dog you'll ever meet. Speaking of which what about the sweet ones? To compromise maybe the people could have background checks before purchasing a pit bull.

• Pit bull are dangerous.

Pit bulls are too dangerous for people, because people have been attacked and some killed. Pit bull are no good to keep in the house; they can be part of gangs to attack another dogs. Other dogs are not able to handle the pit bulls. Sometimes pit bulls don't care to attack people and young kids. We need buy other dogs instead of pit bulls.

• statistics against pitbulls

Never heard of a spaniel killing somebody. When we hear a dog killed or hurt someone, it is always a pitbull. They are simply not the same as any other dog. And it is not about the owners who train them. You can’t train just any dog to become a killer.
    Apart from this, I could never understand how people actually find them cute. Aesthetics is subjective, but it is hard to grasp someone finding pitbulls charming.

• No ulgy pit-bulls

They are ugly and not nice they are too mean and not good pets also they should not a breed anymore they should be extincted because they are too mean to be breeded as a dog or a pet!!! They are too ULGY for it to be a ULGY dog!!!!!!!

• No ulgy pit-bulls

• I'm not entirely sure.

I've heard about tons of great loving pit bulls, but I've heard too many things about pit bulls attacking and killing people. They seem very dangerous and the wounds are gruesome. The owners always say we treated them like children, but I can't seem to trust them. If they're unpredictable they shouldn't be pets, and if people can't control them and be responsible they shouldn't be pets. You just never know.

• Pit bulls are very dangerous.

Pit bulls are scary, and life threating to little kids. They are trained to attack. In the olden day people used to use pit bulls to wrestle and fight for there owners. Most of the time people dont say a poodle bit me and thats why i am in court. They mostly say i am in court because so and so pitbulls bit me and i think she should pay for my medical bills

• No Pitbulls for pets

I feel that pitbulls are the cause of many dog accidents. They may seem nice at first but are not what they seem. If they feel threatened or afraid of a little kid they may act upon their brutale instincts. They are harmful dogs, and should be under certain care.

• No why should they be allowed

Imagine you, your sister, brother, mother, father, friends being hurt or even killed because that Pit Bull that lives next to didn’t like the smell of of them or was having a bad day .Experts claim that pit bulls are unusually aggressive, prone to surprise behavior and capable of inflicting massive damage because of its jaw strength. They were bred to fight and this can not be removed from them completely. There is no way to change a dog's DNA and say it isn't capable of inflicting tremendous damage!
    Pit bulls were originally bred for blood sports such as bull-baiting and bear-baiting about five hundred years ago. The point of the game was for the dogs to get really close to the ground and animal and then lunge for the animal's head or horns. When these sports were banned. The pit bull breed had died by a large percentage because the main use of them was for entertainment purposes but they were still used in other "sports" like dog fights because they were cheap and easy to keep secret because they are . These dogs have a very violent history.

Let me give you an example of why pitbulls should be not aloud in households. Boss, a five-year-old pit bull, nearly tore the nose off Cali Leclair, a 14-month-old Ottawa girl, possibly affecting her breathing for the rest of her life. Cali's mother took in a pit bull after it had had a violent past of biting another person of course the mother was at fault too but this dog breed is always going to be a threat to us because they are unpredictable.

• They are too vicous

Pitbulls kill a lot of people. If i could arrest them for killing, i would, but they're just dogs. The worst you could do to them is put them to sleep (or kill them). They are just to mean. Even though some are nice, there are still a lot that rome around killing people and dogs.

• Desroy no joy

They can hurt people and are known to have short tempers...They are extremly dangourous and can kill someone If they are not well trained pit bullS these animas can and should be well trained before they can be owned. It's not fair to people to have the danger of a pit bull lurking are grounds.

Anonymous says2013-03-04T15:02:43.890
I think u guys r right because i have a pit bull and she is the love of my life i had her since she was born and she is 4 years old now
Anonymous says2013-04-08T18:28:27.353
Yes , people should be allowed to keep pitt-bulls. Point blank period !
11jorden11 says2015-03-09T16:43:00.900
I love pitbulls they are so cute and so nice
11jorden11 says2015-03-09T16:43:28.227
My dad has three bullys and there so nice
>