• Most people reproducing are idiots

I think its disgusting to reward and praise those who make uneducated decisions on having kids. They know they cannot afford it and don't want to truly raise it. But us as the now ass backwards society we are. Praise them as brave, It's there right, And give handouts like they won the price is right. (Which is probably the biggest reason why it continues). Meanwhile intelligent people who weighted out the pros and cons of children, Get punished by supporting a kid that you had no business having.

• Yes people need to have less children

Our physical resources on the earth are limited, As the dominant species of this world, There are simply too many of us and we are also placing a strain on the natural ecosystem, How many species have become extinct or are on the verge of it due to too many humans? There is a natural balance in nature, But we are the apex predators of the world, Only commonsense can be relied on to manage our vast numbers. The social issues of overpopulation are glaringly obvious, Poverty, Starvation, Lack of access to water, Increase in violence. And in the midst of that you have people trying to use things like religion to maintain control. But our vanity as a species knows no bounds, So many people want children simply to pass their name on, Or so they can brag and feel like they have accomplished something great. Why not do something that benefits the entire society, Invent something, Pioneer new medical techniques. Why should anyone be praised if they simply forgot to use a condom or pop their pill? And the government handing out freebies to these idiots is just encouraging these people to abuse the system. And the even more selfish ones who know through prenatal testing that their child would be horribly deformed, Never able to be truly independant, Would potentially be in constant pain, Unable to live a normal lifespan, There are so many selfish parents who want to be a hero so badly, They want that gold medal, So instead of doing the humane thing and abort, They keep it full term. I mean seriously, All these 5 kid families, And out of all the masses, How many of these are actually going the be the next Hawkings, Newton, Darwin, Martin Luther king, Ghandi or whatever. Very few people actually go on to make a tangible contribution to humanity. Going vegan is not the answer to saving the environment, And as far as climate change, We simply need less humans on the planet.

• Yes we should stop having children, It is the best way for the future of the planet.

For centuries we humans have abused the planet we were given to live on which supports our life and keeps us alive, We have taken it for granted and brought it to the brink of death. We do not deserve to live on the beautiful planet, We should stop having children and let the human race die off.

• Yes we should stop immediately

Only controlled, Genetically well endowed people should continue the population lines that too in limited numbers invitro. The influence of religion on population should end. Governments should support people who opt for not having children by giving special tax benefits and special previlages. The government should stop giving money for free as it promotes laziness and free time for unnecessarily procreation.

• Stop living beyond your meens.

Honestly there should be a law where you have to make a certain amount to legally have a child. Its very selfish to have kids just to giv YOUR life meaning and very selfish to put this shitty world on them. I hate people and I personally wish I was never born. Enjoy making you Easy f***ing money and living in luxury your lowlifes.

• Overpopulation = poverty

83 million people are added to the world each year and 3 billion on this planet are malnurished. . . Our resources of the planet will diminish and poverty will become vast. Even if you think its in our nature to have children. . Which is it. We are intelligent creatures that need to see the truth and adapt properly. Overpopulation will happen. . Because it already is

• Humanity is a plauge

Honeslty, Look at us and what we've done to this beautiful planet. We're nought more than a revaneous, All-consuming pack of vultures. I think this would likely have been the case regardless of whichever species achieved our level of general intelligence. Whether homo sapiens or a hypothetical species stemming from one of the creatures we share this planet with, Intelligent life would always have trended towards being destructive.

At this point, The only wise move left is to off ourselves by not having any more of kids.

• Inflation and COLA

Balance for income versus cost of living here in US sucks. You either need 10K/year additional income to suppport a child for 15 years atlease. That or just skipped it and enjoy life. No one benefit from this selfish ordeal except Uncle Sam. Each new born baby is stampped with a social security number, Proof who actually owns them. The governement and your e'Fn wold leaders is just using human beings to feed their selfish wars and politics. They are the ones getting all the cut while couples are stuck with unbalance COLA. Expensive gas, High rate auto and health insurance, And a narrower tax deduction bracket. Good job white house keep up the good work. . . Pfft! >_>

• Earth is running out of resources to sustain us for long

Some popular study states that earth has a carrying capacity of 2 billion or so people; we've reached way beyond that. To ensure that humanity survives for long, We have to keep economic problems of reducing population aside and instead focus on achieving the same to *possibly* revert the climate change and ensure a good quality of life for humans to come.

• A better place for children

Overpopulation is making the world inhospitable for life. Many people do not have a choice but to have biological children. Those of us who do have a choice should focus on making the world a better place for those who will exist. Putting more people onto our planet makes it worse for both humans and animals regardless of parents plans to instil environmentally conscious values in their children.

• Are you all really this dumb?

Having children is what humans and all creatures are suppose to do. Children are some of the greatest blessings anyone can have and being able to raise a child is experience every human should be able to have regardless of social status. Being a parent is one of the most fulfilling and amazing experiences of life, Although it is often frustrated and expensive, It is definitely worth it. We were created to "be fruitful and multiple". This planet was created for us to enjoy and how the heck are we supposed to enjoy it if were all extinct. I for one will be having as many children as I can afford to raise in an effort to have my offspring out populate stupid people like everyone who voted yes.

• Wait wont we all die out

I know that there are being advances in science and at sometime people could live much longer but that is not now. So if we all just stopped having children then wouldn't in about a hundred year we would all die out from age. There wouldn't be any new scientist to replace the old and come up with new ideas so we would not progress in science in time.
    I'm not saying that we should not care about over population. We should at best put a limit on the amount of kids your aloud to have maybe 1-2.
    Also any a temp on controlling our population would be very hard to do since there are more than 200 countries in the world. Meaning that the effort would have to go international not just national or state wide.

• The enemies would love that this country not have more children

That would be great for the terrorist that we stop having chikdren. They would probably increase production if we did stop. The children are the future it is where we become unselfish and it brings out the best in us. Look at how much control is placed on society by children being present. TV would be one promo after another with no children around. Ultimately all the caring is because of the children. We would become of little value to anyone if it were not for children who are truly pure and innocent

Posted by: rvs
  • As a matter of personal choice, no.

People should have all the children they want to have, provided that they can support these children. You can argue that increasing human population is having negative impact on the world, but not having children isn't the solution to this problem. If people want children, they should be able to have them.

• The wrong people would keep having children.

Although I think with the billions of people we have on this planet, a reduction in population is needed. But the problem there is that the population is not evenly distributed. Only first world nations would go along with a population reduction scheme. The third worlders would continue to breed, and not contribute to the betterment of society.

• No, people should continue to have children.

The global population growth rate is slowing and the trend is reversing. Children are not a problem for the planet, or for us in general. There is no compelling reason why people, broadly speaking, should stop having children. The question itself is so vague and bizarre that it defies a coherent answer.

• stop having children

I personally disagree,I believe that There is no set age that women should stop having children. After the age of 35, women are at a higher risk for complications with pregnancy. Doctors will discourage pregnancy after 40 however there are many women who deliver healthy babies well into their forties.

• No They Shouldn't

While I believe it is normal to question bringing more children into the world I don't think it's a definitive reason for people to stop having children. I believe children are one of the main purposes of life and being a parent I can't imagine life without my child. I certainly wouldn't want to be this far in life without the responsibility of passing the world on to the next generation. Life without children would be unbearable to me.