• The most selfless thing one can do in this world is to not have kids

Too many people have children for the wrong reasons. . . To make a person stay in a relationship, They'll get more back in their tax returns, Want a copy of them because they think their genes are special somehow, Don't want to die alone etc. If people really care about the future of this planet and the people and animals living on it, Then STOP BEING SELFISH AND STOP HAVING KIDS! If you want a child then adopt one.

• For your children.

-You are being selfless because you disregard your own happiness so your "future children" don't have to experience any pain whatsoever. (e. G. Hardships of life, Disease, Losing their parents to death, Getting older, Their own death, Dangers of the world, School/work/love pain, Stress/fears/sadness etc. )
    -You don't risk the mother's or child's health/life during pregnancy/birth. (Even if unlikely it is possible. And if that happens mother, Child or spouse will be unhappier e. G. Because of wrongful guilt)
    -You don't risk the child being born unhealthy/unhappy. (5 out of 100 babys are born unheathy despite perfectly healthy parents) I also thought that would never ever happen to my child. Please do not gamble with someone else's life!

• It Is Simply a Crime

Yes, It is a crime producing baby after a baby not having even a roof over your head and money for bread, Let alone, Clothes, Books, Education, Etc. See India, Africa. . . People who have babies without being able to support them, Actually create only problems and unhappiness. They force children into marriages, Abandon them and so on and so forth. I feel sorry for those kids, Because no one asked them if they wanted a life like that. They have no choice. Yet, The adults have. They can use prevention, But they are so ignorant that they hardly realize babies are a result of sex. We all pay the price of ignorant people who have no control over such a basic thing as sex. Please, Stop producing unhappy children.

• Less pain for our planet!

What will happen to our planet if we won't stop having children? We'll probably destroy our planet and there wouldn't be any help to us! I know it's rude to tell somebody what he should or shouldn't do, But when it comes to saving our planet there's no borders to bring on discussion. I bet one day people understand why they should stop having children but what if it will be too soon? It makes me sad, Very very sad

• There’s way too many people on the planet as is?

With all the shit going on already because of climate change, And overpopulation as is there’s no need for anymore people on the planet. There hundreds of thousands of kids in foster care, And that are waiting to be adopted. Why not focus on them more? We’re already facing massive shortages of food and water around the world, And the constant growth of the population is basically destroying the environment as we have to make more space. Whatever shallow reason someone has to keep having kids means nothing and does much more harm than good in the bigger picture.

• We have too many humans already.

There are plenty of children that can be adopted already, It's really just selfish to continue to pump out crotch goblins without thinking of the lasting footprint this has on our planet. More humans require more food which requires more farms which are currently being put at risk by climate change, Such as the mass extinction of insects, Which are vital to agriculture. The list can go on.

• Earth is running out of resources to sustain us for long

Some popular study states that earth has a carrying capacity of 2 billion or so people; we've reached way beyond that. To ensure that humanity survives for long, We have to keep economic problems of reducing population aside and instead focus on achieving the same to *possibly* revert the climate change and ensure a good quality of life for humans to come.

• A better place for children

Overpopulation is making the world inhospitable for life. Many people do not have a choice but to have biological children. Those of us who do have a choice should focus on making the world a better place for those who will exist. Putting more people onto our planet makes it worse for both humans and animals regardless of parents plans to instil environmentally conscious values in their children.

• Help the planet

We are overpopulation the world. People should adopt kids. I think the best way to help the planet is stop having children. Think of us kids, Don't ruin our planet. And please adults, Stop having more children than you can afford. Lol I'm just 12 years old so don't throw me hate.

• The Population is Out of Control

About 1 billion people are malnourished. It would be a waste of resources to continue breeding - why use resources that you don't have for a child that you don't need? Think about it this way - five people are in a dessert with a only gallon of potable water and no way of securing more. That is not enough for all of them, and they have no need of another person, but you decide to add another person to die of thirst because, why not? Too many people place value on childbearing and refuse to accept the fact that there are not enough resources, and there is NO need to breed. Rather than opting to adopt, people chose to breed because "It's different when it's your own." In other words, people want an extension of themselves, a little "mini me" because they are such a great person the world needs another person like them. It is stupid and narcissistic to assume your child will be "better" than someone else's without being tested for genetic disorders. People don't take into account their family history of heart disease, cancer, etc. because it's too important to them to have a replica of themselves. Some people on here have been saying that you "need" to have kids to have a fulfilling life. Saying this is insulting to anyone who is employed, anyone who is attending college, anyone who has friends, hobbies, or any semblance of a life, because you are basically saying that none of these things are important. News flash: it takes intelligence to gain a Ph.D or become a CEO, it takes social skills to have and maintain friends - it takes only functional reproductive organs - something that very few people are born without - to have a baby. Congratulations on doing something that literally anyone can do, as the only criteria is puberty. Some people call child free individuals "selfish". Is it not selfish to have a baby - regardless of your medical background or financial situation - because you want one? Is it not selfish to want a genetic clone of yourself? Rather than considering if they are able to raise a happy child, many people are breeding because they want a child, and to heck with the environment.

I don't think people should breed because there is no need to. A genetic clone of yourself is not a blessing to society, it is a blessing to you alone. Children do not exist to give you purpose or fulfillment - anyone who wants to be a parent should consider adoption, and there ability to raise a child - if you live in an apartment, and make barely enough money to support yourself, do you buy a horse? No! You get a better job and save up for boarding services or some land.

Seriously, don't add a 6th person to the dessert. Adding another life to die of thirst just because you want another person i
    is selfish.

• No They Shouldn't

While I believe it is normal to question bringing more children into the world I don't think it's a definitive reason for people to stop having children. I believe children are one of the main purposes of life and being a parent I can't imagine life without my child. I certainly wouldn't want to be this far in life without the responsibility of passing the world on to the next generation. Life without children would be unbearable to me.

• stop having children

I personally disagree,I believe that There is no set age that women should stop having children. After the age of 35, women are at a higher risk for complications with pregnancy. Doctors will discourage pregnancy after 40 however there are many women who deliver healthy babies well into their forties.

• No, people should continue to have children.

The global population growth rate is slowing and the trend is reversing. Children are not a problem for the planet, or for us in general. There is no compelling reason why people, broadly speaking, should stop having children. The question itself is so vague and bizarre that it defies a coherent answer.

• The wrong people would keep having children.

Although I think with the billions of people we have on this planet, a reduction in population is needed. But the problem there is that the population is not evenly distributed. Only first world nations would go along with a population reduction scheme. The third worlders would continue to breed, and not contribute to the betterment of society.

• As a matter of personal choice, no.

People should have all the children they want to have, provided that they can support these children. You can argue that increasing human population is having negative impact on the world, but not having children isn't the solution to this problem. If people want children, they should be able to have them.

• The enemies would love that this country not have more children

That would be great for the terrorist that we stop having chikdren. They would probably increase production if we did stop. The children are the future it is where we become unselfish and it brings out the best in us. Look at how much control is placed on society by children being present. TV would be one promo after another with no children around. Ultimately all the caring is because of the children. We would become of little value to anyone if it were not for children who are truly pure and innocent

Posted by: rvs
  • Wait wont we all die out

I know that there are being advances in science and at sometime people could live much longer but that is not now. So if we all just stopped having children then wouldn't in about a hundred year we would all die out from age. There wouldn't be any new scientist to replace the old and come up with new ideas so we would not progress in science in time.
    I'm not saying that we should not care about over population. We should at best put a limit on the amount of kids your aloud to have maybe 1-2.
    Also any a temp on controlling our population would be very hard to do since there are more than 200 countries in the world. Meaning that the effort would have to go international not just national or state wide.

• Are you all really this dumb?

Having children is what humans and all creatures are suppose to do. Children are some of the greatest blessings anyone can have and being able to raise a child is experience every human should be able to have regardless of social status. Being a parent is one of the most fulfilling and amazing experiences of life, Although it is often frustrated and expensive, It is definitely worth it. We were created to "be fruitful and multiple". This planet was created for us to enjoy and how the heck are we supposed to enjoy it if were all extinct. I for one will be having as many children as I can afford to raise in an effort to have my offspring out populate stupid people like everyone who voted yes.

• People should try to limit the number of children they have

Limit the number of kids to 1 or 2 ideally, But it is selfish and unconstitutional to tell others not to have children. Yes, The world is overpopulated, But having children is still a personal choice and we can only hope that people will be sensible enough to limit the number of children they have. We should encourage people to be more mindful about these choices and educate them about overpopulation and limited resources of the Earth, But ultimately, It is up to the individual and no one should be able to force anyone else to not have children. It is like saying that everyone should stop driving cars just because cars leave a large carbon footprint - it's true enough, But it's an individual choice.