• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than that one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. There are pet owners who are too irresponsible to keep even a gaping-mouthed, lethal, possibly-poisonous, speedy, creepy and durable reptiles that have even more vertebrae than they do in tightly closed cages. Some are boa constrictors and will choke you, some are poisonous, such as vipers or rattlesnakes, and some will just plain eat you. According to www.Bbc.Co.Uk/2/hi/south_asia/5314104.Stm, More people have died of snakebites in India than in any other country in the world. If they escape from their cages, there's no telling what hey could do besides kill their owners. After eating someone, they can infect groups of people with the bacteria that were all over their bodies by spreading them by hissing. If they become road kill, their fangs may damage car tires or even become stuck in the tires. Also, when kids are climbing trees, they may stumble upon a branch that's actually a camouflaged snake. These children are also likely to be very, very young and impressionable, so they will probably attack the snakes instead of heading in the opposite direction. This would give the snake enough time to kill them. Some of these snakes may also have once been pet snakes. The bottom line is, I think pet snakes were a bad idea from the start.

• Snakes are harmless,,

What many people said here is totally wrong. .. They have stupid thought that snakes harm people ,, it's not true snakes harm people only when people harm them.. Even people having dogs and cats often get bitten by them in that case even the dogs and cats are harmful creatures right.. Y do u people still have them as pets?? One of the loveliest creation by god are snakes.. Wake up guys and be practical

• They eat your other pets and kids

There have been 34 kids hurt by snakes and a lot ofother pets have died to these monstouros beasts. Some people let them roam free in the wild and they grow massive and try to eat mailboxes and even children. They also eatso much and take up so much space they get out.

• It is inhumane

They are never given enough room to move around and lack. It supports rodent mills and the inhumane killing of rats who unlike snakes have emotions, make bonds and can be housed nicely. Snakes are not capable of affection because they don't have emotions. This isn't opinion it's fact. So keeping them is not benefit them at all. Snakes are a conversation piece. Decoration for humans.

• Gross and stuff

Ew. Snakes r yuk yuk and they live in jungls no homes. They no good and blah. Slimed make me sad. And they r big and like to kill. They no cute they ugly they fat they slimy they big they small they no good that why
    Sined,
    Smart n stuff

• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than because one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. Some people are actually scared of them because they can kill you. Even some of the little ones can do that. Some are poisonous and bite you, some are boa constrictors or pythons and will squeeze you to death, and some will just plain devour you. Plus, not every parent is attentive enough to notice their kids' irresponsibility. And some people are just too irresponsible to keep even a serpent in its cage. Unsupervised animals in open cages can escape very easily.

• To those wishing snakes to be illegal

Your rottweiler is more dangerous to a toddler than the average pet snake. 95% of the "horror stories" you hear about snakes kiliing or injuring children are blown up by the media. The average snake enthusiast has no desire to own venomous snakes, but just because Joe Blow thought a Rattlesnake would be a good pet and it killed his toddler, doesn't mean it is the snake's fault

• Snakes are not mans best friend.

My family migrated from Parana Argentina. Down under we have large deadly constrictors. People have to kill them. They will kill you dog, child other dangerous animals and even their owner. People who own such pets are selfish and putting other lives at rick. If you want to own such a pet move to the Amazon Jungle and see how long you survive. They even kill alligators. I live in the south and we have to watch where we walk for half of the year because if you get bit you need anti venom right away or you limb could be amputated. If dogs can be neutered so should deadly snakes. We must be living in the end times when this diabolical evil creature is fastly becoming mans best friend.

• A danger to you and the ecosystem!

For an easy look at the strain that keeping snakes as pets has caused, you have to look no farther than Florida. In the Sunshine State, exotic pythons that became too large for their owners to keep are killing native species. This needs to stop now! Take action and make safe decisions.

• Should pet snakes be illegal

Why would anyone want to a so called pet who can kill another pet or a child. My family migrated from Parana Argentina where they have anacondas they kill anything even alligators. If you want to own an animal like that move to the jungle of Argentina. People their kill them. A deadly snake is not your friend. You are endangering others. Garden Snakes o.K. Constrictors are evil and should be outlawed. If you can neuter a dog why not a python? Where are the laws to protect the public? We must be in they end times if a python has become mans best friend. I live in the south and if you are bitten by a snake you must get to a emergency room A.S.A.P. These deadly creatures are not mans beat friend rather all species enemy.

• To all you people who want pet snakes to be illegal...

The most common pet snakes are the corn snake, the ball python, the california king snake, and the Milk Snake They all are nonvenomous, have a reluctance to bite and are harmless to humans.
    And seriously, the argument I see on the opposing side are just stupid. Dear Loveshismom, "More people in India have died from snakebites than in any other country". That doesn't mean anything, who said the snakes were pets? Snakes do not eat humans!

• No, if someone wants a snake they can have a snake!

Some people really enjoy owning a snake. Just because you are afraid of a snake that is under someone else's control, doesn't mean they have to compromise for your fear. If that's the persons choice of pet, then they should have the right of owning it!
    You wouldn't compromise giving up your dog because I'm scared of it biting me would you?

• I have seen them first hand

I have been raiseing Reptiles my whole life. Ok yes some snakes are VENOMOUS (not posionous, if their pousionous you have to eat them to get posion in your body example: posion dart frog).Most pet stores don't sell Venomous snakes at all.Too even get one you need a licence and have to get trained.And most snakes are shy creatures and will only strike when provoked. Most captive snakes are not big enough to eat a human, even tho their mouths can expand, our shoulders can not collapse all the way in.Not ever the Green Andaconda (biggest snake in the world) can swallow a person if it tried.

I currently own a Ball Python (constrictor snake that only gets around 5ft). So far it is just a curious baby. I also have 2 leopard geckos who are sweet and love attention.

So to say a snake is "There are pet owners who are too irresponsible to keep even a gaping-mouthed, lethal, possibly-poisonous, speedy, creepy and durable reptiles that have even more vertebrae than they do in tightly closed cages. Some are boa constrictors and will choke you, some are poisonous, such as vipers or rattlesnakes, and some will just plain eat you." That is over exatruation from someone who is too wimpy to handle or even come near one of the most smart and sweet animals of all!

• Snakes help people

Snakes help people with stuff that is nice and people say snakes eat people when none of them can eat people at all people that put yes are wrong snakes make great pets with everyone and that's very good and a lot of them are nice and very kind yes

• A Good Pet

Snakes are very good pets. They are hypoallergenic, friendly, and cute! They also require little to no excersize- good for apartments! And, some snakes don’t need live animals and bugs to eat- which means no bugs randomly hopping around. Also, companies make a lot of money off of snakes. Don’t make them illegal- they’ll only be killed!

• They are amazing creatures!!!

Snake can be both cute, cunning, and entertaining as well as reduce anxiety and depression in many people like me for example, my snake Jasper, a ball python is the best thing that has ever happened to me besides my girlfriend, he is so sweet and I hate when people make misconceptions about him!!!! He's cute and curious and I can tell he does infact have affection for me, he enjoys being out of his terrarium and just chilling with me, he's never ever bitten me and if he did it would be my own fault! Snakes are not slimy either, not are they evil they're just amazing creatures like cats or dogs and I personally think snakes are the best pets ever.

• So, you're basically saying that a creature that can do the same things as, say, a bearded dragon should be illegal...?

Snakes are AMAZING. They're great therapy pets, they can love their owners (despite what people say on here), and they are just REALLY COOL. Snakes WILL NOT strangle their owners without a REALLY severe reason seeing as they can recognize and to an extent care about and protect their owners. Besides, if the harming/killing thing worries you THAT much, then just opt for a small snake like a Kenyan Sand Boa. I mean, really? It's been debated that BIRDS have no emotion (they are lying, I love birds, cats, and snakes with a p a s s i o n), but that has been proven wrong and so have most of the allegations made against snakes. For example; the story where a vet claimed a woman's snake was snuggling her and such in order to measure if it could eat her. That is simply not true. Though snakes are very intelligent creatures, their brains do not have the cerebral capacity for any measurement beyond its most basic form. I've seen some arguments on here regarding religious interpretations which I would also like to address. I am a Christian (but kind of questioning, so leaning towards atheism), and I've seen people say 'oh well sneks are in the Bible and they r yuk yuk'. I respect all religions, and I try not to offend anyone if I am talking about religions, but here is a FACT: SNAKES OUT-DATE THE BIBLE AND THE HUMAN RACE. Kids, it's just evolution. Anyways, while some snake owners are irresponsible, that is their own fault and gives people no right to blame the entire reptile enthusiast community.

• My name is Adan and I love snakes

I have a ball python he is harmless he has small copper fangs that don’t even perce skin. Everyone thinks snakes are dangerous and killers but there not. Not all snakes are the same there’d not all venomous and big fanged. Theres friendly crude snakes out there. I love catching snakes
    #snakes 🐍

• I love snakes I have one of my own and he is harmlis

My snake has no fangs there so friendly and so easy to take of snakes are so friendly. My snake is kinda stupid but that’s why there awesome to have as pets. People say that snakes are slimy big fanged and dangerous but not all of them are like that ball pythons and corn snakes are harmless

• No, No, No

1. Just because some people have an ideological or philosophical reason to make owning snakes illegal does not give them the right to make it public policy. We all have different tastes and interests and not everyone is going to understand it. That doesn't mean they can ban snakes and take the millions that are pets.

2. And they are pets. Humans have breed snakes for generation after generation and have manipulated snakes to look like how they want them - the very same thing that was done for dogs. Snakes are bred in captivity. The eggs (for those that lay eggs) are incubated by the breeder, are placed in containers when born and fed by their breeders. The breeder decides which to hold back for breeding and which are to be sold. Since they were a tiny microscopic speck in their mothers, these snakes have not known one day outside in the wild, unless the owner takes them out and holds them. They are used to handling and are docile. In fact, that could be one of the things bred in them through generations. They are 100% dependent on humans. What to do with the morphs who were bred for color and patterns, not living in the wild. There are over 6163 of morphs for ball pythons. The most expensive sold was a lavender albino that went for $40,000.

3. Things proved: make better therapy animals for people on the autism spectrum than dogs and cats, who can move fast and dart, startling and causing distress for the person. They do have the capability of recognizing their owners. The can also interact with their owners on some level. They are also good for people with mental illness. There is a corn snake used at a hospital in London that has done wonders.

4. Every domestic animal still has a part of their wild instinct. That's why dogs have killed at least 593 people since 1965 (over half of them children under 12) and bite 4.5 million people each year.

Constrictor snakes have killed 17 people since 1978. All of them because of negligence, stupidity, and a false sense of security. The same reasons why dogs bite.

All animals were once wild. All can kill. Don't single out snakes as being bad because they scare you. The opposite of fear is knowledge. Read about them, preferably before making comments that are nothing but myths. At the very least, recognize that you don't understand and are afraid of them, but respect that others do understand them and find them beautiful and fascinating.

Loveshismom says2014-08-07T13:56:07.353
My brother used to own a pet snake
BblackkBbirdd says2015-06-07T13:12:33.097
I can't tell if the yes voters are being serious or trolling
>