• PET STORES SHOULD SELL PETS

Here's the thing, I totally agree that you shouldn't purchase puppies from a puppy mill but you can't always get puppies from the shelters. What if a person wants a puppy first and not a grown dog? Usually puppies in the shelters run out pretty fast. Besides have you seen the paperwork at the shelter? No, thank you. After my dog died, I thought it would be a good idea to adopt a pet from a shelter. I would've gone through with it but it was too much paperwork for a sixteen year old at the time. I was going to wait until I was older but I ended up with a little Shih Tzu puppy in the process. I understand that people do not want these animals to die in shelters simply because most people buy animals instead of adopt. I do agree that people should do research on the type of dog they want before they get them. A lot of people buy animals that they end up not wanting because they either grow larger than they first expected or they weren't the type of dog they really wanted. But if pet stores can't sell pets, where are you supposed to buy pets? You can't get everything at the shelter, what if I wanted a hamster or a lizard or a bird?

• Where else are you going to buy a puppy?

• Yes they should!

They should always be able to sell puppies where else would people get them? Of course they can go online and find a puppy on like Craigslist but they should be able to sell puppies! If they ban selling puppies then what are the pet stores going to do with the puppies still at the store? Let them go to be a stray dog? They sure shouldn't! I am against the ban and this is a outrage! America is supposed to be a free country! And what next are they going to ban having animals or driving and drinking water next?! This country has got heads spinning and spinning because this is outrageous!

• Where else to buy

We should be able to choose if we want pet stores to sell dogs and cats I for one love animals so we should be able to choose what we want for pet stores I think other people would like that to. Dogs are help les creatures so why let them die.

• Pet stores fill a need

Animal shelters are great, but sometimes they don't work for everyone. For example, if someone wants a puppy or a dog of a specific breed they are extremely unlikely to find one at a shelter.

Many animal shelters are also absolutely ridiculous. They force you to fill out an application that's more extensive than many college applications and then force you to get references and then force you to endure home visits and then maybe, maybe, maybe let you adopt a dog. The whole process is insane. Pet stores let you add a new member to your family without the hassle.

• pet store adoptions

I think pet stores should let you adopt a pet from it. The Pet-smart near me has a cat adoption center where they put rescued cats up for adoption. I dont think it would do much harm for a store to rescue animals and put them up for adoption. This would be similar to animal shelters.

• Say yes to it

Pet shops should not be banned. NOO WAYY. The pets need people in there life to support them thought the tough times. And the best place to get pets are the pet shop. Pets are not just things that walk, Fly of swim they are creatures that should never be forgotten.

• Lets think together

1_ What is going to happen to the pets in the pet stores when pet stores closed
    2_ What is going to happen if a little child have some psychological issues and the psychologist recommend the child's family to buy a pet for them.
    3_ What do you think about special care center's pets? Like dolphins. They are not in the sea. They are restricted also. And the dogs which trained for search and rescue or for drug searching dogs. Do you think they never have stayed in a cage? So they shouldn't ever be put in a cage even if it is for training reasons? So if it is ok for training why it is not ok to buy pets for training? And rhink about the same for blind persons and their dogs. Do you think their dogs never be put in a cage during their trainings?
    4_ Where to buy fishes for example. People shouldn't buy fishes?
    5_ Do you think the society will be as healthy as now when the pet shops are closed or banned to sell pets regarding to think about millions of people who are petting ants, Fishes, Tortuises, Special kinds of birds dogs and cats and etc.
    6_ So stop being id**ts and think a better solution.

• Lets think together

• Pet shops should NOT be banned

If pet shops are banned then dogs or cats that have been in a crash or sick will not have as much of an opportunity to find a loving family willing to take care of them. Please don't leave inocent pets with abusive familys. Vote no for pet shops to be banned.

• No I dont think So.

I dont think Pet stores should be aloud to sell pets. Pets stores should be a place where you purchase the food for your pet. Pet stores like PetSmart and Petco sell their animals for outrageous prices. They end up not getting sold, being placed behind a plexi glass window and people walking by everyday, viewing the animal. But not buying. That poor animal.

• SAVE A LIFE, ADOPT YOUR DOG -DON'T BUY IT

All pet shop pups come from puppy mills. Look up "puppy mills". You will see horrific conditions. This is where your puppy came from if you bought it in a pet shop. Save a precious life and go to your shelter and local rescues. Please go to http://www.Petfinder.Com/ before you begin to be sure you know what to look for in a dog that will fit well in your home or lifestyle.

• No, They shouldn't.

Animals are living breathing entities. They have life, Just like humans. I mean you don't see humans these days buying humans from stores, Do you? Then why should we even consider buying animals from pet stores? There's no difference really, Considering the fact that humans are also animals. Adopting a pet for their own good is another story. But trading money for life is morally wrong.

• Pet stores should not sell any living animal, Period.

Something like 80% of pets bought in pet stores die within two years, Especially exotic animals like reptiles. I worked at petsmart for two weeks and quit because the welfare of the animals is of minimal concern. You must sell animals to people who are obviously un-fit. Bottom line its a business and the animals are inventory. Not to mention all the issues when people dump said animals into a foreign environment. Living creatures should not be store inventory.

• Pet Shops are cruel

Pet Shops are cruel and animals there will eventually die but they are not the only ones that are not in the same place as they are in the same way as the ones that are not in the same condition as the ones that are in the same condition as

• Their health isn’t in a good condition

When you buy a pet from a pet shop they are barely ever in a good condition. As a result of this your pet(s) ain’t live a long life. Before you buy your pet, They should have been fully. He led over by a vet so that when you receive your pet you know that nothing is wrong with him/her, But this is hardly the case these days. Therefore don’t buy your pet from a pet shop

• It is cruel.

I don't even have to explain my point. I agree when someone said:
    1. Puppy stores get their dogs from puppy mills where animals are neglected with dirty food and water, The mother's forced to reproduce until their bodies are worn out where they are then abandoned. If you buy a dog from a puppy store, You're giving money to this.
    2. There are millions of animals in shelters, And millions euthanized each year. If you buy a dog, One more doesn't get adopted, And one more is euthanized. If you adopt your dog, You save a life.
    3. You may say you want to buy a dog for a specific breed. Well, Guess what? Out of the millions of dogs in shelters, I promise you that breed is in a shelter too. Use www. Petfinder. Com to filter through Shelters and get alerts when dogs that are fit for you are available for adoption.
    4. Buy a puppy from a puppy store and there's a risk of it getting ill because its parents were in awful conditions. Many new puppy owners complained to puppy stores that their puppies were getting sick.
    5. It's cheaper. Sure, Buy a dog up to 2, 000 dollars or even more in some cases. Most adoption fees are no more than 150. I got my dog for $75 and that covered a first vet check up.
    6. The little puppies in puppy stores are kept in those little transparent boxes for humans to watch, But puppies need to walk and run and play around.

So go ahead, Buy your puppy. Just know that's one more dog in a shelter that didn't find a home.

• Say YES to adopting and NO to shopping

A lot of the dogs at pet stores from puppy mills. If you don't know what a puppy mill (A. K. A the worst place on earth for puppies AND dogs) then seach ot up. They treat the dogs SO badly that it might make you cry. The puppies are kept in cages with dirty water and we're talking the whole litter and mother in this one over cramped cage. When the pups stop drinking milk and move on to more solid food, The mom gets taken away to make more puppies. They keep making the mom do this until she is worn out and can't do it any more. That's where the puppies in pet stores come from. Now, If you ADOPT a dog, (which I did) you will be able to see that happy and joyous look in their face. We can also know that you helped somedog out the day that you adopt your furry companion. Pet stores can sell food but not pets.

• They don't even treat the animals correctly!

Okay, As a big fan of reptiles, I have gladly asked many staff about different conditions, And when I checked with experts online, The pet stores were ALL WRONG. First off: Leopard Gecko. HOW IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE NEED 2-3 HIDES, NOT 1? ! I'm very sorry if this takes FOUR DOLLARS out of your budget, You freaking pet stores. Also, They are so overcrowded! Not just leopard geckos, But bearded dragons, To. Some reptiles are CANNIBALS, YOU STUPID PET STORES! Adults can and will eat babies, So it less costly AND more effective to just KEEP LESS AT A TIME! Also for the fish, Apparently turtles require HEAT LAMPS. I'm not criticizing ALL pet stores, But most chains like PetCo mostly have stores with uniformed staff, Bad conditions, And over all could be sued for abuse it's that bad. If we want to save animals' lives, We have to act to change stupid conditions in pet stores.

• No thanks its wrong

Well, I think its wrong to do puppy mills but dogs are really cute. I love dogs. If you are going to buy a dog. Rescue it because they are much cheaper and in need of a loving home. Rescue a dog. You should really see the look on their faces when they are living a happy life

leojm says2013-05-03T18:48:20.923
Oh yeah, well where did those animals come from? (the store) that's how they came into peoples hands in the first time. OMG people have gone nuts on this website and arguing about the stupidest things. Find something that's important to talk about, like whats going on in the real world and real world stuff.