• The Teachers View

Teachers do not like when we trek into the classroom with our muddy cleats or other sports equipment. Are grades are just based on getting to class on time. Some situations are unfair. For instance, Sometimes we make a small mistake and get punished severly by not getting to play in the next game. We also are just 4th 5th 6th graders and are 9 -12 years old. We are forced to spend our lunch break stressing about changing for PE at lunch.
    Sincerely,
    A Student

• PE is to much stress

Not all people should be forced to play sports that they are not good at or don’t feel comfortable
    The PE classes can cause tons of injuries.
    Other sports after school with our school games and homework is too much!
    If you don’t want to do a sport you shouldn’t be forced to.

• I don't enjoy the sports they grade me on.

I don't enjoy sports in general. Yet they force me to learn how to play volleyball, Basketball, And kickball when they won't help me in the future. I don't want to go into professional sports so why are they treating me like its my only option. I have to be good at them though or else i´ll fail the class. My grades shouldnt depend on sports.

• YES, Hi i hate pe

P. E. Causes stress and makes people insecure and they shouldn't force kids to run when they don't want to and when they do they have to run under a specific amount of time and if they don't then they will get a bad grade. Thank you and good night. Jbfvj

• It's a waste of time money and our energy.

I am a middle schooler who takes PE zero period so I can take two electives. Half the time I don't even change out because I don't think PE is important. When I am older I have thought about playing basketball or soccer. How does PE help with this? Most people will say it does but it doesn't. In middle school we get two weeks per sport. One week is all instructions. The second week we only get 4 days to play because we have to run the mile or cross country. One day during the week all periods are shorter. When we do feel like trying I end up being really tired the rest of the day and feel tired and like I can't foucs in class. How is this problem?

• PE causes stress.

PE is a main cause of stress among students. If they are not athletic, They are felt left out. I think that schools should encourage physical exercise instead of forcing them to do it for 50 minutes a day. PE is also a big cause for injury. Students will feel left out and worthless.

• We need Options

Just screw P E come on! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LO LOLL OL OLLOLOOL olo l l ol o l ol ol ol o lo ol o lo l o lo l o ol ol o l ol o lo l ol o l ol o lo l ol o l

• P. E. Should be optional

Growing up as a kid P. E. Was horrible to lessons where you hated what you were doing, As well as this the teachers were never involved in the lessons they just told us what to do and stood talking on the sidelines. If P. E. Is essential then why do the teachers stand there they got a degree to teach us why aren’t they doing it to? In the other lessons the teachers would do the work too. There are many students that fear P. E. They have days off just to miss that subject, This then causes them to miss other lessons that are essential to their future.

• Pe causes stress

Some students can find PE stressful and it can make them anxious. People should be able to study if they want instead of exercising if they want. Some students feel ridiculed during PE. Some students might need extra study time. PE can also be the cause of many injuries.

• Physical Education should Be Optional

Students are putting too much effort into PE instead of their actual schoolwork and are starting to play sports and then they have theoretically two sports in one day and for most younger kids that's a lot for them. Then when it comes to focusing on school kids say forget it and start focusing more on sports and then start failing and doing bad in school.

• Because because because

Because because becau d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d dd kjlkd fkldsjf dksjfdjfdkf fkd fdkf ldjf djf dfjldfdfj dskf dskfj dsfkjd fjds kfdjf dksf dfkd fdkf dkfd fkdf dkfd fkd fdkf dkjfdsk f ds dsfsk dsk kjfklds kd kdjfkld kdj d

• Kids Need to Exercise

I believe that every student should at least have one period of exercise. This can be swimming, tennis, even yoga. Why? Well, exercise helps not only physical health, but also mental health. This includes depression in students, happiness, and focus in school. With required exercise, this helps students have a good physical and mental health.
    Sincerely,
    A student

• No,, physical education courses play an important in the health of students.

No, physical education courses should not be optional, It is my belief that children in today's society spend too much time watching television and playing video games. Physical education courses emphasize the importance of exercise and taking part in active sports and games. Physical education courses can install good habits and help prevent obesity in students.

• No, kids need athletics.

The body and the mind work together in a healthy life, so we need to provide for both of them in a good course of study. There should be some level of physical education class in every school because it provides for fun as well as development of the physical skills.

• Not In Public Schools

As far as public schools (elementary, middle, and high schools) I do not feel that physical education should be optional. For many children this is their only source of physical education and it can help them later on in life. It teaches children about sports and proper ways to exercise.

• Not Fun or Effective

I have been researching this topic for a school project, and have read articles stating that in a 45 minute period, students are only "truly exercising (breaking a sweat)" for about 6 minutes.
    Also, I have issues with catching and throwing, which I have had for years. PE is not a form of stress relief for me, it increases my stress and makes me wish I had a study hall instead to work on my incredible load of homework. A study hall would actually relieve stress and get me some free time at home.
    In addition, I am a martial artist who is testing for their black belt soon. I would prefer to not to have my energy wasted on things that do not apply to me or help me train.
    In addition, in my school, there are 2 types of people in gym, people who want to be there and people like me who just want to pass. If gym was optional, the kids who actually wanted to be there could be surrounded by more people like them.

• PE should NOT be optional

Learning about physical health and the human body is important to everyone, and should be common knowledge. Making it optional would create a lack of knowledge about being healthy, and having a healthy lifestyle. Learning about health and exercise is necessary, showing that physical education should not be an optional course.

• Just One Hour

The Institute of medicine recommends just one hour of physical activity a day. Most kids aren't even getting close to that. If there is no gym some children will not have the opportunity to exercise, because they cant do exercise at home. If there is required gym classes each kid can hopefully get 1 hour or more of activity a day.

• School physical education shouldn't be optional

Everyone's physical fitness such as muscle indurance ,heart indurance, muscular strength are very important for their health. First, motor skills just like running, object control are basic survival skills.Second,teenager obesity rate in US is high,so the more obese they are,the more unhealthy they are,many of child that dont join physical education is too high in body fat ratio.Third,the push up,pull up is the great testing of a student's muscular strength compare to their body weight.Long run represent student's cardiac indurance,muscular indurance .The more obese the student,the more they need to exercise although the intense of exercise is low just like walking.Finally, WHO had concured this suggestion:"Exercise is medicine." thats why i think school physical education should not be optional.

• No, PE lessons are needed in the school

PE lessons are essential for the education of youth people. PE is not only about exercise, it teach a lot of values in a different way. In PE lessons you learn how to cooperate with others and at the same time how to be competitive in a good way. Students also have a great chance to socialize with others doing healthy activities. And of course it is essential subject in order to promote good habits. I think that we need more hours of PE and qualified teachers that are able to transmit the values of this wonderful subject