• Can they really be called rights if they can be taken away?

I don’t agree with the belief that US prisoners have it too easy. That’s just misinformed. Anyone who went to prison can tell you how bad it is. Anyway, When someone else (for example, The government or mob justice) decides that YOU don’t deserve rights, That means they are allowed to consider who is or isn’t human. Essentially, We are deeming ALL prisoners subhuman. You might be fine with that. But because of this, Other people are now allowed to decide who gets rights and who doesn’t. So they stop being human rights. They start being privileges. The bill of rights becomes the bill of privileges. That’s how it is. So many innocent people are wrongfully sent to prison, And they lose these “rights” too. Meanwhile, Walmart and Starbucks get to enjoy all of their “rights” by profiting off of prison slave labor.

Ask yourself what a human right is.

• Everyone deserves basic human rights

Seeing as the current state of our justice system absolutely does not try to rehabilitate law breakers and instead throws them away, Effectively removing them from society and taking away their chances to reform and become a functioning member, Something should still be allowed. Like adequate nutrition and access to healthcare.

• It is humane

Prisoners are still human, no matter what they did. We can't just take away their rights. The human rights aren’t a privilege, they are a right that everyone, even prisoners should have. Going to prison is already a punishment for them. Also, just because they took away someone else's rights doesn't that their rights can be taken away. Two wrongs don't make a right. Innocent people are sent to jail sometimes but they still deserve rights.

• Of course they should

They do not become less of a person just because they’ve committed a crime. Everyone is entitled to basic human rights no matter what they’ve done, and no one else should have the right to take them away. Some people in prison might not have even committed that bad of a crime.

• Coz why not

See I am a criminal and my crime was stealing a shoe full of chicken from kfc so he I think I could do with so rights to get out of the prison
    Pls help your fellow human being living on the planet alongside you guys thanks if u agree

• Classes of Offenses

There are different classes for each offense. We can't logically grade rape by the same standards that we would theft. If we take one of there rights, then we have to take them all. Not only that but if we take their rights away then the prisoners that do get released (again there are different offenses), will enter into our society with anger and hatred. Statistics have shown that 49.8 percent of criminal's relapse and are sent back to prison (DOC's latest three-year study). Now, mind you that 95-97 percent, according to Katherine Sanguinetti (DOC Director of Public Relations), will get out of prison someday. With those staggering numbers, would you want to take away their rights and give them no chance at all to gain good character while they're incarcerated? That means that most prisoners are going to be re-released into society. If we take away their rights, there's no way they can be rehabilitated. Just because we don't like something doesn't mean we can control it. Taking away their rights is not the way to change. Programs, that's the way. We have to develop more plans to build their morals, intellect, and social skills.

• Restore humanity plzzz

The universal declaration of human rights are meant to apply to all humans, no matter the crime, their background or whatever. One doesn’t become a different creature or mammal if they commit a crime. Hope you reflect on this. Ndnsjjskskkskd. Idkdndjsjdjd. Didkndjxidks diisks sisoownso (Soz had to have more words)

• People are People

Everybody makes a mistake here and there...And yes I understand that committing a crime is lot bigger than making a stupid mistake. But they are still people and we need to treat them equally. I also understand why people say no, because they will just screw up again. But only some will. So it is technically a big stereotype.

• People are People

• U weirdos should be in jail

First of all we need to ask the prisoners if they need rights for a reason because what if they go back to humanity happy.Why does this matter? Because if they aren't happy when back to humanity they'll commit more crimes and they wont learn anything from jail.Besides why does this survey even matter

• It wouldn’t be a punishment

Why would they deserve rights if they just committed a crime? They decided to give their rights away when they committed the crime. They knew they were doing the wrong thing but did it anyways. It isn’t fair to basically make taxpayers pay for their wrongs. It is their fault so in turn they should have a lasting punishment

• Shrek for smash

Since Daddy Sakurai didn't put Shrek in smash, He should be put in prison and never let out. He should be deprived of his human rights. He never lets characters such as Waluigi, Shovel Knight, Pepsi Man, Thomas the Dank Engine, Phil Swift, And Thanos into smash. He deserves the worst.

• My kids lose their rights when they hit, Spit and act like animals. .

So why should an adult who clearly knows right from wrong have all the same rights that I do. I'm not saying prisoners of light crimes should lose rights but murderers, Molesters, Rapists they don't even deserve to breath the air as far as Im concerned. Prison is a joke. We should send them to a 3rd world prison and bring them to reality.

• Are you joking

They lost the right to have rights when they commited a crime. Prisons these days seem like luxury so that doesn't quite conform to a punishment. Therefore, taking away this 'human right' e.G voting will separate them from society. Also voting doesn't concern them due to them being behind bars

• Coz why not

• Depending on their crime

Ok, I’m not fully saying ‘no’ but not yes either. I think if someone has done a crime more than twice or 3 times, they should not be released. But the people who have done it only once may realise what they have done and should have a chance to regain their thoughts, but maybe be put on a house arrest or have a location bandage on them. The people who have caused many are the bane to humanity - they want to do the worst thing they can, and they should be sentenced to life in prison.

• NO they shouldnt

Because they are criminals. Its enough that some governments spend up to 100,000 dollars a year on one inmate. If prisoners have rights then jail would barely be a punishment. You have shelter, food and water and you have a place to exercise for free. It does not make sense

• They won't learn if the prison has so little disadvantages.

Prison will turn into almost as good as being out of prison making people not care if they go to prison which will make crime rates go up. If prisoners have equal rights homeless people will rather go to prison then live on the streets. That would be bad right.

• They don't deserve them!

People in prison should not have the right to free healthcare, free college education, or the right to vote, or run for president. People who aren't in prison have to pay for the prisoner's healthcare and college education. This isn't fair to the taxpayers. People who couldn't afford that previously could just land themselves a spot in prison to get it for free. Rights belong to functioning citizens, not criminals!

>