Should prisoners with a life sentence get the option of doctor-assisted suicide?

• Prisoners with life sentence should get the option of doctor-assisted suicide.

The reason why is because if they have to be in there with out a chance of even seeing the light of day, or even seeing their family might as well give them the chance. Also because they might feel like as if they are going crazy in there with no one to talk to.

• We are humans

I Believe that some criminals would be freed from their lives with death. Just because a serial killer is a monster does not mean that they deserve to suffer if they have a good reason. I ask for an investigations for every criminal who ask for euthanasia and if their profile shows abuse/depression/loneliness ect... They have the right to ask for euthanasia.

Humans do not become monsters by themselves, humanity creates its own monsters. Just because humanity puts so much weight on one's shoulders does not mean that humanity has the right to make them suffer even more. Some monsters deserve the freedom of death because humanity failed to save them when they needed help the most. Just because humanity has given up on them when they were still humans does not mean that humanity should let them rot in a cage, they deserve the freedom of death!

• We are humans

• Yes: Lets save the taxpayers money

Wasn't the argument against the death penalty was that it was
    cruel and unusual. But if you ask people in prison for life, I think
    many would have chosen death over their current "life". I think
    it is good to allow euthanasia for anyone with a long prison
    sentence. Lets end everyone's suffering

• Don't Burden The taxpayers.

If someone is behind bars for life, or especially if they are on death row, every morning they should be given a cyanide pill or breakfast. Choose one. They should be allowed to commit suicide.
    Life imprisonment and the death sentence do not deter crime.
    The only people who benefit from prolonged incarceration are the penal corporations, at the experience of the taxpayer.
    Furthermore, If someone is so vile that we want them behind bars for life, then we don't need to keep them alive.

• I agree with PAS

I think that it reduces the prices tax payers need to pay to care for them. It helps with gut mentally ill and it's the humane way of dealing with the issue. It's not execution because it's an option. We're not forcing them to do anything. It's just an option because I believe as humans we should always have options.

• There gonna die anyway

Prisoners with a life sentence should be allowed the option of doctor assisted suicide because they are going to die anyway. IF possible the person could be in prison for 1 billion years, or one week. You never know when the person will die and wether it's their natural life or they choose to end it, they technically served their life sentence.

• For financial reasons

Allowing prisoners with a life sentences get the option of doctor-assisted suicide will cut the cost associated with feeding them, guarding them, and entertaining them, all the money saved by allowing them to die could then be diverted to other more deserving public services like the NHS, schools, police, it would also free up prison space.

• I strongly disagree

Did the victims of their crime get to choose? Why should they? Think of all the ex criminals that have found peace and forged new lives because of their crimes. Letting them choose to die would prevent this from happening. What about people with mental heath disorders or innocent people, what would happen to them should they choose the option?

• Wtf um no?

The whole point of this is so that they suffer. Not so they get the easy way out? They should have to pay for what they did with their time. You do the crime you do the time ./ . . . . . . . . . . .

• Prisoners Should Not Be Allowed the Option of Doctor-Assisted Suicide

Prisoners with a life sentence should not be allowed the option of doctor-assisted suicide. If a person is in prison, s/he deserves to be there and pay the price for her/his crime. Doctor-assisted suicide should only be used in cases where a person is terminally ill and has no other options. When you commit a crime and go to prison, you lose the right to some of those options.

• I strongly disagree

• I strongly disagree

• I strongly disagree

>