• These Can Be Dangerous!

Yes, psychedelic drugs should be illegal. Psychedelic drugs are hallucinogens and as such they alter a person’s thoughts, perceptions and reactions. An individual’s reaction to one of these drugs could differ in intensity based on their personality and emotional make up. There is no way to know how a person will react before they use a psychedelic drug. There have been headlines over the years in reputable newspapers about extremely gruesome acts having been committed while under the influence of these drugs. While the words “psychedelic drugs” bring peace loving hippies to mind, the reality is that these drugs could cause very violent reactions.

• Reality Distortion is Dangerous

Psychedelic drugs distort reality. They cause people to believe and perceive things that are not real. When people believe things that aren't real, they may commit crimes like murder, robbery, or rape. They become dangerous to society. They can hurt innocent people, and it should not be legal to do things that might cause someone to hurt innocent people.

• Open your third eye

"Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong."

Terence McKenna

• Adults should have free choice on how they treat there own bodies

I believe it is a basic human right to be able to alter your own body and in this case your own mind, while psychedelics can cause or worsen mental illnesses ,they can also lead to incredible and extremely useful revelations. Most mental problems can be avoided by not having a bad trip. If proper drug education existed people could learn how to minimize the risks by lowering the dose and making sure they are in the correct settings. They are also extremely physically safe.

Making substances like LSD illegal means people have no idea what they are being sold when they buy it of a dealer, chemcials like 25i nbome are very common, and unlike LSD people can easily overdose and die from them.

Drugs of all kinds have been widely used for thousands of years and it's is a very modern phenomenon in which there use has been criminalised. Another reason that they should be legal is that the current 'war on drugs' isn't working anyway, if it did why is it that within about 30 minutes I would be able to purchase any manner of illegal drugs, it is a wasted effort and only helps to arrest small time users who do no harm to anyone but themselves

• What about the benefits

Terminally ill patients beginning to accept death and reencode memories to remember the positive aspects, personal growth, love, ACCEPTANCE. The illegality of these drugs does not affect the amount of users, just the purity of substances used and increases the chance of adverse effects. The law just makes it harder for scientists to do research so the truth about psychedelics can be revealed.

• Psychedelic Drugs Should be Legal

The United States Government has no authority to tell an individual what they can and can't consume. Where do we draw the line, alcohol, coffee, tobacco, these are all drugs. What about fast food? New York just placed a ban on 16 oz soda. Our bodies are our property, not the governments, and we should be able to use whatever we want. They may be dangerous, but individuals care for themselves, the government doesn't care for them.

• Doctors and N.A. Are liars and the pushers of real narcotics

Hallucinogens helped me completely cured my addiction to hard drugs and legal narcotics and amphetamines as well as give me insight and understanding into my schizophrenia, bipolar, depression, psychosis and temporal lobe epilepsy showing me which attitudes and behaviours caused them and how wrong and evil doctors are because they only want to shove drugs on everyone permanently. Thanks elemicin, dmt, mescaline and myristicin !!!

• It should be legal

For all the haters what I can suggest is, just try once before passing judgments. Seriously. . The stigma attached to psychedelics was the only reason why I tried it so late. But when I tried for the first time it changed how I see the world .. I am a Medico so I don't support use of other stimulants like coccain heroine and stuff. Coz those shit are addictive. But psychedelics is a different case, be it magic mushrooms, acid, or dmt, it should be legal..

• It should be legal

• My body,my choice

The only reason psychedelics are illegal is because this society looks at any state of conciousness that isn't a submissive consumer consciousness as negative. A government trying to incorporate psychedelics is like trying to transport an acid in a barrel that it will dissolve. Psychedelics dissolve the idea of systems.

• Legalize drugs, criminalize behavior.

I think that psychedelic drugs should be legal for adults who know the risks. If someone does something stupid or dangerous while on the drug, it's their own responsibility. Much like alcohol is legal but driving while drunk is not, it should be legal to use psychedelic drugs but dangerous behavior while on them should still be a crime.

• These substances are not as dangerous as idiots make them out to be.

Done in the right place, At the right time, With the right people, These substances will just about never cause a "violent" reaction. This is relatively easy to find out with a minimal amount of actual searching. The idea of a government regulating what grown people put in their bodies is ridiculous to begin with, And the social stigma behind these things needs to be torn down as swiftly as possible.

• They are harmless

Unlike dangerous, yet legal drugs such as alcohol and tobacco, psychedelics such as LSD have actually been proven to be quite safe. They are not addictive at all, in fact they can be used to treat addiction. They are not toxic or harmful to your body, in fact they’re less toxic and lethal than caffeine. It is so hard to overdose, users need to take over 100 times a normal dose to actually have a chance of dying. I believe that people should have the freedom to use these substances in a safe environment, as they have so much beneficial effects and make you a kind, open minded person. It just doesn’t make sense to be considered a criminal for consuming psychedelics. If taken in a simple, yet responsible way, it is practically impossible to cause harm to yourself or others under the influence of any psychedelic. That’s why psychedelics should be legalized.

• Do not legalize

Since legalizing marijuana - a gateway drug- drug addiction is on the rise. Edibles like mushrooms are too easy to put on people’s food in order to prey on others. I am not opposed to medical uses but recreational legalization sends a message to teens and kids that it is “safe” when it is not. Teen use is up. Not to mention the illegal grow sites in our National forests!

• Do not legalize

• Legalize Psychedelics For ALL

Psychedelics should be legal. They are illegal not because the government is worried about you jumping out of a 5th floor balcony, but they are illegal because they dissolve your opinions of the social norms that are put in place by modern day society. Psychedelics also create a feeling of unity, and a united group of people are harder to control!

• Let us explore our minds

Why should a substance that changes our perspective be banned at all? Our society seems to be at a point where the only way forward is changing how we think. I mean the nation is divided in two right now and I think using these medicines will allow us to step back and realize that we're all on the same team. Maybe I'm just being overly romantic but I've seen friends of mine change for the better using these plants and even synthetic substances. Let's give it a shot before we run this society all the way into the ground, at least.

• Changed my life

Significantly opens your mind to all that the world has to offer. Psychedelics hold the key too all the doors in your brain enabling you to think of anything leading to endless creativity and imagination. With this opinion and perspective can change as you discover what is important in life and what is not.

• I control my body, not the government

Why should it be illigal? Sure there's a very slim possibility that something goes horribly wrong and someone might jump out of a window, or drive my car straight into oncoming traffic. Now is it alcohol or psychedelics I'm talking about here? Because the same applies to both, yet alcohol is still legal beside sharing negatives like those I mentioned. But alcohol can be lethal. If not through overdose, maybe trough liver cancer or perhaps a stroke. Alcohol kills 88,000 people per year in the US alone. Yet it is till legal. Cigarettes kills 480,000 in the US, and approximately 1.4 million people worldwide. But we know how to get people to stop smoking; through banning smoking in public places, restricted sales, higher taxes and education. If smoking was made illigal tomorrow, we would have black market tobacco, kids would find it cool to smoke and Mexico and other countries would have giant tobacco farms. Cartels would controll tobacco smuggling and earn even more money. So what if we treat every drug the same as tobacco? We would have a new industry with more jobs, more tax money and, as seen in Portugal where they tried this approach, overdoses and use of drugs amongst teens sank. The tax money could be spent on rehabilitation centers and more science around it. And, ultimately, I control my own body

• I control my body, not the government

>