• Free Public College

Tuition free colleges would cost less then what the USA already spends on the patchwork of financial aid programs. The students with poor income will have the capability to get a degree regardless of how poor they're family is. There will be an increase in those with a college degree. Free tuition would give more drive to go to college, making it the normal thing to do, decreasing the high-school dropout rate. College is extremely expensive, causing greater stress in those attempting to get into a college. There will be more opportunities with college education to get a job and make money, thus boosting the economy, causing unemployment rates to decrease.

• Not enough money

Collages are costing to much money and some students don't' have all that kind of money 30,000 dollars is to much at least some people try to qualify for collage. Also some parents use their money for bills. Like light bill water bill and gas bill. Thats why collages should be free

• From a standpoint of a college Senior

People are using the reasoning that education is a "privilege" not a right, that you need to work hard in order to "deserve" to go to college. I finished high school with a 4.0 GPA, applied to as many scholarships as I could and saved every penny. I was AFRAID to go to college solely because of the financial burden. I am currently almost at $30,000 in student loans. I did got get the scholarships which are highly competitive, but yet I'm managing to go to a university that is (1) in the top 100 in the nation (2) in the top 40 public universities (3) recognized as one of the universities in the top 35 public universities recognized for the value of their education and (4) is 1 of 10 public universities that is recognized for undergraduates being able to conduct research projects of their own. Did my hard work not pay off? Am I not privledged enough? There are plenty of students like me who work hard, get the grades, do everything right, but they just cannot come up with the financial support to go to school. If education were free, it would still be a "privledge". You would still have to work just as hard if not harder to get into good schools, plus this is for public schools. What if we were to make children pay for public high schools? It's the same concept except we view high school as mandatory and college as not. Why is college any less important.

• Sup kasson bro Hey Debate

I think education should be free because people around the world are poor and cannot afford education there fore they cannot go to college and they can't get an education and then if people don't have an education then they won't get jobs and then they won't be able to pay off their houses and they won't be able to pay the state either or debts

• Colleges should be free

If colleges are free people would get an education and more people will start going to college if more people have education then they can have jobs and pay off debt and the state because of the education that they have so yeahhhhhhhhhh j j j j j j j j

• Education is important

Free public colleges mean that everyone who wants a college education can get one. No one would go into extreme debt trying to pay off loans. This would especially benefit the middle class, who are too rich to receive financial aid but often too poor to foot the whole bill.

• Free College is Easier to Attain than you think.

Attaining a free college program is implemented in Germany and a number of other countries already simply included in their taxes. Although, people may disagree strongly with a new tax system if we adopted how Germany does things we would be perfectly fine. The US taxes anywhere from 10-32% which is still a lot for many family's, compared to Germany taxing a flat rate of 25 + 5.5% for college and if your income is below the 25% mark you don't pay taxes cause you are unable to. Also, not to mention inside their taxes is another debatable question of Universal Healthcare (free healthcare).

• Student loan debt

To get and education in this country at public universities it should be free. Many other developed and undeveloped countries have implemented this hell the United States hasn't. I don't support this as strongly as universal healthcare but I do believe that it should be free getting rid of student loan debt

• Not everyone has enough money

College should be free because not everyone has the money for it.Some students need the opportunity but they cant because there parents cant afford it, and not every kid can get a scholarship o a school that cost over 100,000 a year. Not everyone has money for that type of stuff

• Student Loan Dept

The latest studies say that 70% of college graduates leave school with student loan debt that averaged $38,000 in 2017. That much debt at that age does not go away quickly and the impact of this is being felt in several areas, notably purchasing a home, starting a business, delaying marriage and contributing to retirement accounts.

• Nothing should be free

Let me start off that I am a single mother who will have over $60, 000 in student loans once I finish my MBA. As much as I'd love tuition to be free, I know that comes at a cost of others. In order to offer free tuition, That most likely means increased taxes in some form. And for those who argue public elementary, Middle, And high schools are free - no, They're not. They're paid by city residents in the form of property taxes that's rolled into their mortgage or rent payment. School has never been free, Ever. If you can't afford it, Borrow like I did. There are plenty of people who can't afford college but they borrow. Having student loans is better than not having a college education that might serve as a block to your professional career.

• Cuz im alwayz currect peeps

Just listen to me. I am always correct. Trust me 4 this. IM ALWAYZ CURRRECT K PEEPS! DONT ARGUE K. Dont u dare. Im much smarter than yall. Just zip ur mouth up and believe me. Im more than a million years old. Okay. Lol juz kiddin. DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAID HERE! But I still strongly disagree that public colleges should be free.

• What would happen to the educational product?

If we relied on the govt. To pay for college the colleges would accept more student ,but would accept students that get fś and d,s so the college would have to change the product to suit the lower students. So the higher educated students would get less out of the college than the would with a non-free college. Also, this puts no limits on how much colleges could charge for admission. A study was done out of 18 countries with fee college tuition 12 out of 18 did not have a higher economic boost. Plus, it would hurt the poorer people even more because living situations would be increase in price and the rich would fill in the spots. There would be no financial support for their living cost so it would but the less money maker people in more debt if college was free. Also, no place to be closer to the college for the non-wealthy. So i say no to free.

• Who Will Pay the Bill for Free Public Colleges?

If public colleges are free, everyone must be running of to public colleges leaving the private colleges (most likely better education) empty. When public colleges are free, the tuition is still payed. However, you know who? You! You are the who pays, but you might be wondering why. First of all, you need to know that the government still has to pay for the tuition of free colleges. All that money is from our tax. You don't want to pay more tax, do you? (I'm a kid, okay?)

• No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• This takes no thought

If someone wanted to go to college they should do what they need to get into a school. If they cant afford it then they can work hard for scholarships ect. Plus, if people got the chance to go to college for free then they would take advantage and most likely not even continue the classes. They would not take it seriously and wast the precious money of our government. Were already in debt and use too much of discretional spending on the military.

• Dumb idiot liberals

College should not be free to everyone. First off who's is going to pay for it the 1% of the rich. News flash they can get out of the country and don't pay all that much tax and just putting a law that charge them to move their companies into international areas won't work because of corruption and also they will find out before it's even taking into effect. Also if the 1% leave we charge middle class and then everyone is going into the low class and then everyone is suffering and many will leave and thenthe country is broke.

• If more people take a free ride, our tax payers will have no choice but to stand by and support the disintegration of our country.

It's true that people should dream big, but if future students aren't setting realistic goals, we not only will have students getting free education and spending more time in college, but also lose some of the fundamental technical skill workforce this country needs to survive. The cost of university is no doubt outrageous and the incentives of institutions in the wrong place, but the cost of university is what prevents students from making foolish decisions of pursuing lengthy and sometimes never ending quests to fulfill a degree. Bottom line is that the tax payer should not have to be the one paying the price for higher education, rather more focus can be put on cutting the outrageous salaries of the tenured professor. The story doesn't end there, just read the book 'Higher Education?'.

• It's not sustainable.

The idea of "taxing the rich" and taxing Wall Street to provide revenue for the "free" public colleges isn't real or sustainable. The most basic economic principle is that there is no such thing as a free lunch. Once the money is gone, the burden eventually falls on taxpayers. Sorry.

>