Should rape victims have the right to kill their rapist?

• Yes, they should. By law the rapist should lose their life.

The rapist may continue to rape others and/or most likely never learn their lesson. But first cutting off the rapist's sexual organs should be implemented and then kill them. It should be made law, unless the victim doesn't want the rapist to die. This may reduce the amount of rapes that occur each year.

Posted by: Najs
  • Only in self-defence.

For self-defence, certainly. Killing is usually wrong, but if there is no other way to stop the rapist, the only way to protect herself would be to kill the rapist, which is perfectly acceptable. There should be no legal consequences for this in most non-Islamic laws.

However, like Forthelulz said, if they show up at the rapist's house a few days later and then kill him, no. Vigilantism only leads to social disorder, and it should not be encouraged. It would be understandable when this is done in India or other countries where the legal system may not be sufficient to protect the victim - but understandable is a far cry from justifiable or worthy of encouragement. They should focus on institutional ways to reduce the problem instead.

I will suggest, as a solution, that rapists be sentenced to life sentences with regular public humiliations. The victim can spit at the rapist, splash him with pee, throw rotten eggs, hurl whatever insult she wants at him, but not kill him. The rest of the public can also do this. This has the positive effect of allowing the victim to vent her anger and, at the same time, deterring crime.

• No deed shall go unpunished.

And I feel the only GOOD punishment for a rapist is if the rapist doesn't even get a chance to do it again, just like they always do. I even think that it should also apply to the extent of ACTUAL rape victims. They deserve to end the life of an unworthy scumbag.

Posted by: C96
  • Only the genuine one

Ofcorse the genuine rape victims should have the right to kill their rapist . I mean why that rapist who made the life of the victim hell , should live ? And when victims will themselves kill the rapists then I think victims will somewhat feel good and get a little hope and courage to live their life again with happiness .

• Rapists should be murdered.

I was raped three years ago by my ex boyfriend. By my state's laws, He should be charged with gross sexual assault and forcible rape. And furthermore, Should get somewhere between 7-10 years in jail. I should have the right to murder him since the fucking cops and DA won't do fucking shit.

• Rape victims killing murderers??

Yes they should be able to have the right to because yhe person raping them though thed had the right to invalidate them and take something that didnt belong to them. Nobody understands unless theyve been a victim of it what the victims go through the traumatization from it. The idea that nobody believes you unless you got proof. The fear that they can come afrter or someone at else at anytime. The guilt that you cary with you the insecurities you get from it it eats ag you. But if the rape victim can get back at the person and show them how they made them feel and prevent it from happening to anyone else it would be a form of heroism and power yes they will still be tramatized but they will also be able to live knowing that the person cant do it to another innocent human being. I firmly believe this law should be legal . The government or whatever it self lets to much shit slide instead of taking care of what needs to be done a friend showed me this and i just wanted to give my input.

• F*ck Yes because the system fails more than it succeeds with rape

To all the numbnuts who say that murder isnt equal to rape, technically no, but if you had a moral compass that functions correctly you'd know that it is. When someone is raped, ESPECIALLY children, they're entire life is taken from them. They are completely changed forever. They go through a horrible life all because one rapist decided to take advantage of them for their own sick pleasure. They suffer from PTSD for the rest of their life, they become suicidal, they struggle with disorders, anxiety, depression, trust issues, relationship issues, they become revictimized by other people and getting into relationships with other abusive people because its what they were "taught" by early sexual abuse, the person they couldve been and the potential that they had if they werent raped IS STOLEN from them. They are completely DEFILED and exploited and when the system fails to serve justice, which most of the time with child sexual abuse cases, then what? All these child rapists just get to walk free? AND FYI numbnuts, false accusations of rape are very rare so quick mentioning them as if they're an actual issue because they're not. When a rapist rapes someone, especially a child or teenager, they're stealing the victim's entire life. I'm sitting here at 22 years old suffering still from sexual abuse that happened when I was 3 years old to 7 years old. It was severe, terrifying and traumatic as hell for me. It has ruined my entire life. Yet he gets to walk free and gets no consequences for what he did. EVERYONE and everything FAILED me. Rape deteriorates and degrades the quality of life because people like me grow up and often can't contribute to society well or be the person we wouldve been if we hadnt been abused because of the impact it has on us. So I get to SUFFER for life when he gets to walk free? He stole my life, changed it forever. Child sexual abuse doesn't just GO AWAY, it has changed every single teeny tiny aspect of me and my life, AND NOT FOR THE BETTER. I can't even have a nice normal relationship with my husband because of what happened to me. He raped me while I was standing bent over CRYING and spit was falling out of my mouth and he did that more than 20 times over the course of a few years. But no, he doesn't deserve to die right. No not at all. He just deserves a slap on the write and 10 years in jail and sex offender registry right? Well shit you a**holes, he never got one goddamn consequence.

• My dad raped me

I was raped by dad while i was asleep at a very young age and was convinced i would be murdered one way or another. I was also held at gunpoint by him as well and have been kidnapped by he and my mom. I still shake and cant get right. They sold me to the government to be tortured and killed.

• Self Defense Means Protecting Oneself from Harm by Any Means Necessary: Rape is Definitely Harmful

Rapists deserve to be murdered by their victims or their families. I believe that the act of rape basically negates any rights the perpetrator may have to life, liberty or wellbeing because they took it upon themselves to strip another individual of those rights. At the very least they should be automatically sentenced to life in prison without parole.

I am a survivor of sexual assault when I was a young child over the course of many years by someone related to my family. I know for a fact my father wanted to kill him, and I obviously think it is wrong that my own family cannot avenge this wrongdoing and give me justice by punishing this man. However, now that I am adult I think I am the only one (other than his other victims) who has the right to take his life. I think about it often, and by it I mean killing him and why. I know he still lives in the same city and has a public Facebook profile, and that he has never faced criminal charges for his crimes.

My family decided not to go forward with the prosecution because of the fact that I was incredibly young and felt it would be harmful to my recovery and future wellbeing by asking me to testify. Now, it has been many years, but I still remember this like it was yesterday. I will never forget what happened, I will carry this for the rest of my life, which will make it almost my entire life, birth to death. Anyone who tells me I should not have the right to kill the man who robbed me of my innocence and childhood is someone who does not care about the quality of life for women and children.

Rape is worse than murder; this person robbed me of my ability to liberty and happiness. I may now be free to have a life of shame, anger and humiliation, while he lives free and happy. I cannot see how this is right in any way. I know that killing him may not bring me peace, as revenge is a road that never ends, but the choice to pursue it should be up to me.

• Yes and yes

Those people normally know what they are doing and the only way to make them understand is to show them your not the victim but your the one that will control every aspect of there lives you will tell them to shit when you say its time to shit, they will piss when you say you can piss, you will collect all the information you can about every part of there life and record it to a hard drive and with no mercy you will treat them as your slave and if they rebel you show no mercy and cut of there head when they decide to turn to jesus and act like they have done nothing wrong, if you dont they will go back to the same way and repeat the profess, death to child molesters and sexual preditors i will hunt you those who are wicked and will show you the wrath of the living God

• A bit much don't you think?

A rape victim does not earn the right to murder someone. First what they did is not murder, she still gets to live. This is not an eye for an eye to begin with. Second an eye for an eye makes the world blind. This is not going to be helpful for the rape victims sanity because not only are they raped but now they are murderers! If a victim kills their attacker wile being attacked that is self defense, if they attack after the initial attack they are just a killer. Forgiveness is shown to help, not revenge. Not to mention all the people who would abuse this system and claim they raped them so they could kill them legally

• Not after the fact.

In the act, it is clear the victim is defending themselves. However, if they show up a few days later outside the rapist's home and shoot them in cold blood, there's a big issue.
    Also, is there not legal recourse the victim could call upon?
    Ignore the scare stories; the system works.
    The way the question is phrased makes me think of the victim showing up a few days later and killing their rapist, not a victim defending themselves.

• It's not psychologically healthy

There are two dramas here instead of one, the first is being attacked and violated, and the second is being responsible for slaying another human. Killing people is not good for the psyche in any sense, no matter the reason, particularly because killing others requires quite a bit of fortitude esp. Knowing that you've killed them and doing so without any remorse.

The notion that vengeance is by itself sufficient is at best one left to those who would wish ruin upon all men.

• It does not fit the crime.

Rape is a terrible crime yes. There's always a chance to recover from rape. Death on the other hand is a permanent solution that doesn't factor in anything other than being convicted. Better 10 go free that are actually guilty than 1 that didn't do it. It's only natural that the majority would want death in a death obsessed culture than anything or anyone getting better. It's easier that way.

• No. But...If it was self defence then I believe it was justified.

Killing is always wrong. Of course, rape is just the same. An eye for an eye does not give closure. Would the rape victim really need to kill to get closure? Or would they just live with the guilt of them ending a person's life when it is not their right to play God. I understand their feeling of wanting to kill them but I do not condone it. The victim should at least try to focus on healing themselves first. Not by killing but by surrounding themselves with positive energy.

• Causes further distress

Killing a rapist may seem like a good idea, but the victim would then be forced to live with taking another persons life, life in prison for the rapist is more effective and forces the rapist to live with what they did. In no way do I condone any form of rape, in fact I hate rapists, but killing them doesn't make it go away; nor does it make us any better than them for taking their life.

• Thos could be very dangerous

While raping is bad death is something terrible,let me just remind you how many people accuse someone of rape these days,all they have to say is"this man forcefully raped me in an alley"and bam the guy is instantly in trouble and this happens to alot of guys in bands being accused of thing,so someone wants a rockstarr dead and kills them while sayingni was being raped,things wont go right,there are those type of people in the wolrd,remember that

• That's just wrong

First, I should state that if this occurs during the act, if the rapist is killed by the victim in self-defense, then it's entirely different, and more acceptable as the person was acting in self-defense. Also, perhaps rapists should receive the death penalty, but that's a different question than is asked here. Even if it is the case that they should die, it should never be that they are killed by the victim. Doing so is doing away with justice and moral values- it seems to be saying that the victim should feel that they are more compensated for the crime by getting to kill the criminal, rather than knowing they were put to death. This would only create more violence in our society and take away from the meaning of human life. No human ever has "the right" to kill another human. In some cases the government does, but never a person.

• The Punishment Does Not Fit the Crime.

The question is equivalent to stating "if you punch someone, should the victim be allowed to rip off the aggressor's entire arm without anesthetics?"
    The answer is no. At worst, an eye for an eye with jail time.

Like with what happens to murderers in areas where the death penalty is legal, "aggressors" get executed, and later in the future, people find out that this person did not commit the crime that they were charged with. You can't un-kill this person.

In an economic perspective, the process to get someone into an execution chair costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. A much larger expense that we all would have to pay for than if we just gave them life or a term in prison. *However I can't defend repeat offenders.*
    In contrast, the process of rehabilitation has gradually improved throughout the years and plans to continue improving in the future. I wouldn't doubt that there will be a time where rapists and murderers could be reintegrated into society, and therefore become more productive for that society as a whole, instead of forcing everyone who did not commit any crime to spend money to keep these people clothed, sheltered, fed, watched, healthy, ect.

Deuterium says2015-06-01T11:14:43.990
During the act, of course, it's self defense.
Reeseroni says2015-06-01T18:42:40.410
Not afterwards, it is not the time do defend when there is nothing to defend against, it just makes you the offender.
difference says2015-06-02T21:34:36.297
Does it have to be another right?
>