• It actually should be longer...

If you read the other poster who stated 'no'. They spelled 'time' wrong in the first sentence as 'rime'. This is why schools should be longer. Plus, who wants a bunch of useless kids wondering around the streets. They are mischievious at best. Kids need they daycare system uptill college and longer time in them !!!

• Its somewhat of a waist

At least in my school experience I waist a lot of time just doing nothing because the teachers are done teaching and the students are done their work in at least half the period. If the school days were shorter time would be used more productively because of the time crunch. Students mental health would be better because then they would have more time in the day to do things that they enjoy doing instead of living by a strict schedule, Which humans aren't made to do (because were not robots). Also if it was shorter than it could start later and students could get the proper amount of sleep (which many don't).

• School can really hurt

School should not be so long because all the the rime we are at school we are missing are chances to be kids. All the time we are stuck doing homework and to be honest it sucks. I know many people are going to say that school needs to be long or longer because without school being long then you can not lear as long. News flash half of the stuff we learn in school is not used in the real life uless your job requires it. So I know not everybody is going to agree with me but only lest just say that it is friday and you are going somewhere and you have to take your kid out of school. If school wasn't al long then you wouldn't have to pull your kid out of school.

>