• Schools students should have a lot of homework .Yes

This is because home works helps the teacher to know that what he taught the child he or she has understood.It also helps the children to research more about the topics they learn in class.It also refreshes the brain of the child to know more about the topic. Thank you

• More Homework Debate?

As a student homework is given out on a regular basis to me. However if shorter school days take place, and longer homework, students will be able to relax and relieve stress.
    They will have more time every day to complete homework. In my opinion, small homework pieces can have better consequences and better learning.

• More Homework Debate?

• Future Habitate creations

Students don't like homework. Yes, it's totally true. Though, do they do their homeworks thinking about their bright future? Most of the students who don't like homework think that it's disgusting and don't know why we should do this terrible thing. But those it mean that not fun things are terrible? Then should we get rid of exercising if it is not fun? Like exercising, we have to study constantly even though it's not fun. And

• Too much homework = too much stress

I used to spend all night, every school night doing homework while I was in school and I would only get a few hours of sleep a night. I later ended up having a breakdown from too much stress and lack of sleep. I'm not against homework. But, there needs to be less or just not every day.

• Here's an unusual argument for you guys.

America gave up it's greatness decades ago and for the longest time the nation has been one of incredible mediocrity and laziness. Over in China we find people that inherently work harder and an education system that takes up more of their time. America simply can't compete with that. I'm against students being given more homework because on a philosophic level I value freedom far more than greatness. I prefer students having more time to their own devices (some of which may hopefully be productive) than for them to dedicate their time away from school to do more school work.

Furthermore, I believe we must ask the question of how much homework we're talking about exactly. Do we mean more homework from every class or more from certain classes? Because I can imagine some courses a student may take not needing a greater level of dedication. Mathematics for example is an incredibly valuable and important subject, but how much of it will actually be useful on a daily, practical basis to the average person?

• No the current amount is reasonable -

No, the current amount is sufficient and adding more would extend beyond two-packets to take home per day to fill out (Depending of courses at hand.) I think going any farther isn't promoting any more education but more needless stress on students. I think the only work students "should have" more work is promoting self-learning since this is the age of the internet and a wide opening of actual researched articles, writings, philosophical openings, science, and more available on the internet. However mandatory work isn't promoting a quality education, so why do it?

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Extra homework gives more stress to kids.

That's because if you force them to do homework that's called torture. You only give out extra homework only if they have permission to do it. Although homework helps the kids but instead they give kids more stress and makes them cry. Pushing them to har is actually not so good.

• Homework is stressful, hard, and painful.

I understand that homework is great at allowing students to understand difficult concepts and that is something that helps kids succeed. And yes, it is useful. But as a high school student who is very active in their community, I already have a hard enough time completing all of my homework. For teachers to give us more than half an hour (1 subject) a night is extremely rough on a student, especially one that has many core subjects. I want to keep up everythin I'm doing and stay healthy, but to have my workload increase by having teachers increase homework amounts is stressful, unhealthy and painful.

• It depends of what the homework is.

If class work can not be completed during school hours and is then assigned for homework, or if a completely new topic is introduced in the homework, what use is school? If homework is used solely for practice, it seems alright. Too much practice, though, of one aspect of a child's life is like working out one muscle group too much- it doesn't allow for anything else to develop or improve equally (such as social skills or health).

• It depends of what the homework is.

• School students shouldn't have more homework

They shouldn't have more homework because it is bad. It is bad because
    Homework is good but it is not good when it is
    Long because people have things to do like eat, sleep, drink, and do
    Chores so when people have homework it is not good because
    It is too long and it hurts your brain and it is not good at all
    And it causes brain damage so that's why we don't
    Need no homeowrok because it. Not good because it
    Too long so that is my opinion on why people should have
    Less homework because it take too much time
    And it is just not good for the brain and it takes too too much
    Time and we have better things to do and I disike it
    When homework exceeds over 5 min because people
    Need to live we are human beings so that's
    Is just my opinion so I hope you like
    It.

• Homework, homework and guess what MORE HOMEWORK!

As a student in 5th form (year 11) I am currently snowed under by homework. Now yes I am in extended classes so am expected to do a bit more work at a higher level but what I do every night is crazy. No I am not against homework (actually being the nerd that I am, I enjoy a bit of homework to do to go over the days work) but there is only so far that I can push myself. The endless nights of staying up till 1 in the morning to finish homework and then getting up at 6 to go to school for 6 hours just to be given another homework assignment so the process starts all over again. Its just not healthy. Turning up to class tired and mentally drained then your teacher asking why you are so tired? Its ridicules. And before you say anything yes I do mange my time after school and start homework at a reasonable time but I'm not going to put my life on hold just for school. I have other sports and commitments and I'm not going to drop them just for school.

>