• School year shourld be shorten.

Kid's should more time with there family's then at school with total strangers. I would say 5 hrs at school will be better for them. We also need shorter school years I fill my kid spend more time at school them with me, And to me that not right at all.

• Shorter school years is a definite.

Shorter school years is a definite. School does not teach us what we really need to know in the real world. It teaches us how to direct a frog and how to do square roots. We should get more summer time because we have to discover who we are and who we want to be when we grow up. We can't really do that when there's people judging us and bullies.

• Shorter school years is a definite.

• Shorter school years is a definite.

• Shorter school years is a definite.

• Shorter school years is a definite.

School does not teach us what we really need to know in the real world. It teaches us how to direct a frog and how to do square roots. We should get more summer time because we have to discover who we are and who we want to be when we grow up. We can't really do that when there's people judging us and bullies.

• Shorter school years is a definite.

• Shorter school years is a definite.

• School years should be shorter

School years should be shorter because they are to long and children need more time with family. Some kids just cant handle how long the year is and the shorter the year the actually may be better because they made the year shorter and will most definitely be really happy. I'm going to school by the way

• My whole school will agree with me, most of them

I think you need a shorter school year because school is way to long. People dont need 6-9 hours a day you only need like four hours of school because some kids cant remember every thing there teacher teach them. I do think you should still go to school because you don´t want o be like a cave man and don´t know how to talk or anything, when you grow up. Having a shorter school year is better for the kids because they should not spend more than half of you day on school and homework. But you should go to collage because then you will have a more better life and you will be doing something you actually want to do.

• Yes it should because

Its like a compromise because kids dont whant to go to school but its a law that you have to. Its shorter but you are still going to school. Plus it could cause kids to like shcool or mabey they could even be a little exited to go to their school

• School Years should be longer.

School years should be longer to get that extra education in. If school years are shorter, teachers won't be able to teach you as much as they what to teach you. With longer school years you can be smarter. Even though most children don't like school, I think it is a great idea to have longer school years so there is a better chance for you to get in college.

• The school year and school day should be expanded

The united states is somewhere at number 25 in math and science. There should be more school to offset the education gap between the us and eastern Asian countries. Those countries have longer school years and school days. Yes there should be more school more school for the united states

• School Years Should Be Longer

It has been showed through international tests, that American schools fall somewhere in the middle, as far as education goes. Therefore, it would be nonsensical to shorten the school years in America, if anything they need to be extended while improving curriculum at the same time. While Americans seem to detest school and homework, compared to the rest of the world, we're just average.

• The School Year Needs To Be Longer.

I am against shortening the school year. If we shortened the school year then we wouldn’t be able to projects or go on field trips like the beach field trip towards the end of the year. Teachers reteach most thing because we have such a long summer vacation. If we started school in early August and ended school in late June then our minds would remember more so teachers would reteach less so we could learn more for the next year. We also spend too much time on electronics and our minds will lose memory because of all the screen time. Teachers don’t get paid in the summer. They need money to live and survive like everyone else. Some teachers don’t have enough money for the long summer break and need the break to be shorter so they can get paid. With longer school years, then in the next year learn a more of what you're going to learn in the next grade to prepare you for college. Without school you wouldn't be able to get a job, earn money, raise a family or survive in the real world. School also has a computer education program. If you wanted to be a computer programmer then in school you can learn the basics so you can advance in college. If you wanted to play musical instruments as a job in the real world there is a music program. School teaches you the basics of life so when you get to college then you will be able to make it in life.

• School should be longer

Over the summer, you lose so much knowledge...What a waste !! Modernize to 2000's. We should get off on holidays and have breaks off like weeks at a time. 3 months is too long to be off. Sometimes I do nothing but sit around the house. I can see how some like summer vacation because you get time to go places, but its not always convenient..

• The school year should be loooonger!!!

Schools around the world have longer school years so it wont hurt if American schools have a longer school year too. Also some kids dont even have the chance to got to school and they would love to have an education. We should be glad we get to go to school.

• NOOOOOOOOo NeVER EVER

Its because peeps need to learn not spend time with their family. Plus kids need to have more physical activities. All they will do is play video games at home, let them LEARN! Studies show that 65% of kids play video games for 170 hours during summer. LETS STOP THIS