• Too much stress!

My school has proficiency grading, which states that homework gives no credit. It's just optional. That's ridiculous we should just get rid of homework! This overwhelming homework given to the us student causes anxiety and procrastination! We high school students don't news that were already busy with our lives. Homework is just a waste of time

• No value for children except learn to hate school

Forcing children to do the same exact homewark assignments as peers is redundant and outdated. It has been shown to have NO impact on future success. Students do not need the skill of homework until they are almost going to college. So High school should be the start in areas of interest. This would help the student to more wisely decide on major and career when they are self motivated go do additional tasks in certain subjects! For my child we try to complete about 80% of her HW in elementary and it may decrease as she gets older because I known it is just a method of scoring and has no bearing on her learning. We would do better to use that time reading books she likes or visiting museums.

• Die homework you stink

I do karate Tuesday,wends day and Thursday need to practice prior so I am prepared. Die homework kill the homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Once I stayed up till 8:00 no dinner to finish a report some people hate homework as much as I does die the homework have the district abolish homework. Have the president abolish home works down with home work

• Homework is not beneficial.

Homework is in no way beneficial to us students. Science and studies have proven that relaxing and spending time with family will actually do more good than working an extra few hours at home.

There should be a line in between school and home. We go to school for seven hours a week all ready; can you adults put yourselves in our shoes? (I am aware that many of you work longer hours than this, but please read on) With our GCSEs (I'm in the UK, these are exams which will supposedly screw our entire future over if we fail) being as hard as they have ever been and then also forcing us to work more at home? Teachers complain if we fail a test; completely forgetting that we didn't have time to revise because of the useless pieces of homework they have set!

Adults are always taught to care for their children, keep them healthy with regular food, drink, fresh air and exercise. These are basics and vital to sustain human life. Why is there an exception with school students? I attend a Martial Arts class every week and have lost count on the amount of times I have had to skip it due to homework. Do you not see how this is doing nothing but harming my health? Sitting hunched over papers and typing away on my computer.

I have sustained wrist injuries so bad that I couldn't move my fingers because my wrists and hands were being worn away from the numbing position of typing onto a Word Document the features of a Jewish Wedding (Despite this already being drilled into my head).

There is an epidemic of anxiety and depression in young people stemming from the intense pressure of modern education; some of this could be alleviated by abolishing homework.

(Anonymous, age 14)

• Whats the point?

We shouldn't have to have homework. We are at school for 6-7 hours and shouldn't have to do school at home. It just causes unnecessary stress and anxiety. Kids have life out of school like extracurricular activity's and spending time with family and friends. That is much better emotionally for kids than more sitting and having no fun. If we need to make more school time or have more helping programs after school than that is what we should do.

• Evidence against it

Did you know that students with homework only do 5% better than students without? Is that much stress, that much time you spend on it worth doing 5% better? Studies have shown that the biggest thing that makes a difference in a kid's education quality is the involvement of parents. Without homework, kids could spend time with their parents and siblings talking about school, going to school functions, etc. 8-0% of students in a survey reported having one or more physical, stress-related symptom such as headaches, stomach problems, exhaustion, and weight loss. So, we are forsaking children's quality time with their parents, their health, and a lot of fun time so they can do a WHOPPING 5% better in school.

• Convenience is not there!

Kids go do 7 hours of school, teachers get 45 minutes to explain what they need to do and give them a in class worksheet. The teacher can help them in class. However for homework they are not there, so they can not help. They either have to wait or email them and they may not see it. So it is not convenient for either of them. And then the student gets yelled at because he/she did not do the homework.

• Whats the point in homework

We would like to go home after a stress full day at school and hope that we can spend time with the family but noooo we have to do homework this is so tiring and stressful for us we need the time for the work to set in our head.

• What's the point of school with homework?

Seriously, the average school day is around 7 hours, which make us very stressful. After that we should be able to unwind and relax but nope we need to do like 3 hours of homework, and by the time you are done, you probably have to go to bed. This can mess up student's heath and schedule, which would have a severe negative effect. What's the point of school anyway if we just take it home.

• School should abolish homework

I am a student and as well as i think that homework is beneficial for us and i agree that it helps us understand more about whatever were learning in school but homework is ruining the proces of my sleep. Health is a very important thing for a human being but with homework in the way I cannot go to sleep I stay up at least 3 hours or more studying and finishing my homework. This also causes stress for me and many other students! We go to school 6-7 hours a day and your telling me that i still have to do the same thing i was supposed to learn in school at home too? WOW!

• No more homework!!

We kids are at school all day and then have to do homwork at home that is not fair. I think that if you abolish homework there would be less sick days and far more puplies at school. We kids do not want to like that teacher or homework makers and that they like it. Our brian is working to hard at school and we do not want on the news '' Breaking News A Whole Classroom Of Kids Brians Poped Out To Day Beacuse Of To Much School And Homework''. Trust me the teacher will not what to get the blam, and i would not like to see me lovily teacher behide barrs thank you. Kids brians are over loaded with what is done at school and if kids get to much stree they can die you can even go on kiwi kids news and see the two people died at chess game course of a lot of STRESS. I am telling you now no kid needs homework. Homework is posion and and kill you so do not give us homework teachers.

• Homework is important

Homework is very important for children in school, and today, children honestly probably need more homework. The amount of homework has been decreasing somewhat over the past few years, with people ignoring that young children especially benefit from repetition of ideas and practice in their study, in addition to the discipline.

• It just.... DIDNT WE LEARN ANYTHING IN THE SEVEN HOURS WE WERE THERE?????

We learn seven hours a day, five days a week. It's just too much for our little brains. 35 hours of learning a week and we still need to stay home and work on the same stuff we had already learned at school? Nah. What would happen if we didnt have homework? Let's see...

We wouldn't be as tired each morning from staying up working on a math worksheet or something.
    We would be more prepared for tests because we would have more time to study instead of doing a sheet of homework
    AND kids wouldn't be as stressed and unhappy to return to school from a wonderful summer.

• Some homework is necessary

Schooldays are as long as regular workdays, and not everyone brings their work home with them in the future, god knows they shouldn't. But a standard of discipline needs to be set, as well as the cultivation of mental abilities in growing minds. Some homework is unfortunately necessary, as long as it isn't too stressful.

• No homework is needed in school

A teacher stands there and teaches a group of 30 students new subject matter for 45 minutes. They may give out handouts that the students do well on in class but there is no way for sure to know if the student grasps the material unless they give them homework. This sees how much information the student left the class with.

• I don’t think that schools should ever abolish homework under any circumstances.

I don’t think that schools should ever abolish homework
    under any circumstances. Homework builds
    character and teaches responsibility.
    Homework teaches students to be self-starters. Homework teaches students that they are
    responsible for their own failure or success.
    Homework gives students a chance to get a deeper understanding of course
    subject matter while at home and free of distractions.

• Schools Should Not Abolish Homework

No, schools should not abolish homework as homework is a valuable tool to ensure that a student learns material that was taught at school. Too often, when a student goes home, they forget the material taught at school that day. Homework bridges the gap between home and school and reinforces material taught.

• Homework isn't harmful, you know...

We should have homework because it helps you learn. It prepares kids for higher grades; it's just like studying for a test. Although you may not like homework, it is helpful, not harmful, which is another reason why schools shouldn't abolish homework. Without homework, many kids will spend their time on social media or games, which is unhealthy for kids. Also, according to many other trusted sources, kids who completed their homework had (on average) a higher score than those who didn't.
    That's why schools shouldn't abolish homework. Of course, there are many other ideas out there!

• Homework is vital

As I have said before, homework is very important for the success of the student. Even though I am sure students would love nothing more then homework to fade off the earth, I do not think young people realize that homework is very helpful for them in the long run.

• Schools should not abolish homework.

Schools should not abolish homework because it is an important part of the education process. Teachers assign reading materials so that students can be prepared for discussion during the next class. Written assignment are necessary for teachers to evaluate students' progress and understanding. Homework serves an important purpose in schools.

>