• I mean you can just ban phones during class.

Simple solution- Seat the kids who are always on their phones in the front of the class where they can be easily caught. In my math class kids always sneak their phones, and its annoying. Teachers need to pay more attention and give detentions to kids using their phones in class.
    My recommendation- detention for first offense, call to parents for second offense, and maybe confiscation for third.

• Schools HAVE to allow phones, it is illegal not to

Schools technically have to allow phones ever since one of the school shootings. During that school shooting, multiple kids were uploading to Snapchat what was happening. This eventually helped the Authorities. If the schools banned all phones, the students would be in severe trouble should something seriously wrong happen to the school.

• They can in the workplace

OK in the uk many or most schools have abolished their use already. Perosnally though i think this is a backward step. Now during the classes, they should be kept turned offto prevent disruption. But i see no reason why they cant have them during their breaks? There are some lessons where they may come in use and for these they could be permitted. Like it or lump it mobile phones are part of modern life nowadays. Schools should reflect that fact, not try to hinder it......At work we are allowed them providing they are turned off during the shift. If some kids are abusing it, then ban that child from having them, but i dont think it fair to ban it for everyone.

• Yes they need phones

Students need phones because they are part of their safety lives. Children need them incase of an emergency on their way back from school. Allow me to give a scenario, a child is walking and a kidnapper comes, what will they do? Thats why the have a phone to call a trusted adult or police.

• Yes Yes Yes.

You can't force someone to get educated. The government has to provide a high school education to students under the age of 21, but students shouldn't be forced to learn if they don't want to. Odds are if you ban phones, the students who would be on their phones instead of paying attention will be distracted and not learning in another way. When I was in high school, my history and English teachers would have us use our phones to find resources online to use in essays. Good students shouldn't be punished because bad students use phones as a means to not pay attention.
    Phones Are Helpful Phones should not be banned in school because of how useful they are. Y'all are all thinking '' All these kids are getting distracted with their games and social media'' But phones are also a way to communicate. Some parents like to keep track on their kids and phone them regularly. Sometimes, students have to get picked up for some reason and have to call their parents.

Also, there are useful applications you can download on your phone. It could be a dictionary or even a calculator. Now, teachers are using Google classroom to hand out projects these kids need to stay alert.

• I think they should.

Students should be able to use phones during passing periods and lunchtime. Schools should allow phones during class, but only if the teacher approves. If not, then the students should put their phones on silent. Kids also need to call parents or the police if something happens. I know you people will probably say "back in the day we didn't have phones". Yes, but back in the day there weren't as many school shooters and child rapists. Phones are almost a necessity in these days.

• We Need Them Now More Than Ever.

Kids are worried for their lives nowadays, it's pretty intense. Recently, we had a lockdown, and some of the kids were scared to the extreme. The principal unlocked the door and one person covered their face, as if to deflect something.
    So, here comes the "what if". What if there was a shooter, and the school did not allow phones? Emergency vehicles would be there later, resulting in more injury. Kids also might need to record this for further evidence.
    Really, it's insane nowadays.

• You can't force someone to get educated.

The government has to provide a high school education to students under the age of 21, but students shouldn't be forced to learn if they don't want to. Odds are if you ban phones, the students who would be on their phones instead of paying attention will be distracted and not learning in another way. When I was in high school, my history and English teachers would have us use our phones to find resources online to use in essays. Good students shouldn't be punished because bad students use phones as a means to not pay attention.

• Phones Are Helpful

Phones should not be banned in school because of how useful they are. Y'all are all thinking '' All these kids are getting distracted with their games and social media'' But phones are also a way to communicate. Some parents like to keep track on their kids and phone them regularly. Sometimes, students have to get picked up for some reason and have to call their parents.

These are why schools should allow phones

• Becasue I'm a teacher

Because I literally cannot even.........And then it says I need more words
    Schools HAVE to allow phones, it is illegal not to Schools technically have to allow phones ever since one of the school shootings. During that school shooting, multiple kids were uploading to Snapchat what was happening. This eventually helped the Authorities. If the schools banned all phones, the students would be in severe trouble should something seriously wrong happen to the school.

Dats wrong

• Phones should not be allowed to be out while a teacher is lecturing.

Phones serve as a means of communication and distraction. When students are allowed to use their phones during lectures, they ultimately only serve as a distraction to students. This distraction leads to poor performance and unreadiness for higher learning such as College. This ultimately only serves to develop bad habits and prevents the student from developing good listening and note taking skills. That being said, phones are a great resource for research when one does not have access to a computer. They allow the quick research of articles and helpful information online.

• Students are never listening and it has to stop

I beleive kids can come to school with phones but they can not use them except on the bus because of what they do in the classroom. As in one of my classes some of my students use their phone so they are never really paying attention to the things around them

>