Should schools ban junk food from vending machines?

• Junk food limits education

When you eat junk food it doesn't help your brain function properly there is a study that shows that people do poorly on cognitive test than those who eat healthy food. Eating junk food also limits health. You have more health problems like gaining weight and diabetes. Just eating junk food for 5 days disrupts your muscles from oxidizing glucose.

• No junk food in school vending machines

Although schools should not take away our freedom of choice, the stop of junk food in school vending machines is a good idea. Obesity is a huge problem in our world today. "Today about one in three American children are obese or overweight." Many experts believe schools are a key setting for efforts to prevent childhood obesity. In the end, the stop of junk food in school vending machines creates an environment where students are able to make healthier choices.

• Yes we should ban junk food.

Children are dying as a result of these poor, unhealthy choices made by themselves or parents. The kids are not the ones who should suffer the choices made by their superiors. The children should exercise and grow healthy lives. Rather than suffer from the poor choices made by their own.

• 1lik if u cri everitiem m8

Me madre die from fod posineng an i cri al dai dat mak me sad brodude caus i cam frum illuminazi and send message\ to peepol=s for sads caus gandalf is says he mak murica mlg agan?/ m8

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

• Unhealthy food iz bad!!

Wake up America!!! WE NEED TO START GETTING HEALTHY!!! WE don't need obesity to become an even bigger problem!!!!! Kids our the next generation!!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• The obese rate is increasing

Many schools sell junk food and sugary snacks in vending machines to make money, however junk food is unhealthy, it can lead to obesity, or cause diseases and it can shorten your life. A lot of junk food can lead to diseasdes. Junk food can also shorten your life or leave you suffering inpain
    Report Post

• There are plenty of healthy foods that taste good!

We should ban junk food for 2 reason: 1 is that they have lots of chemicals and fats in them. Most junk foods are processed, and they have billions of chemicals in them! Some onj ein my class would always bring hot cheetos to cschool for snack, and my teacher asked him to read the ingredients. There were so many unpronouncable chemicals in their! The other on eis that their are plenty of healthy foods that taste good! Peanuts, organic apples, fruits, veggies, and other great foods that taste amazing!

• Junk food stinks

There should not be junk food because more and more people in America are getting obese and fat because they are not eating the healthy food they should be eating. They should not have junk food in the vending machines at schools, it makes people way too fat. BAN VENDING MACHINES!!

• No junk food

No, it should not be allowed in schools because kids already have too much exposure to sugar and other unhealthy foods. Schools should be a place here kids can be free from the temptations and pressures of junk food. Only healthy snacks should be available in all of the schools. No junk food also means that kids don't become obese and don't get bullied like some of the kids in my class. Grade 5.

• For the better of the children

Overall they should just get rid of the junk food because of the children's health. Even though they probably would just eat junk food outside of school.. Lool but seriously there was this one girl at my school and all she ate for lunch was a bag of flamin hot cheetos like SERIOUSLY
    girl.... And its better to eat healthy food for energy, less acne, no obesity and mostly just to have the kids feel good

• Why not sell em'?

At my school there aren't any vending machines to student access, there's one in the meeting room, but that's all. 8/10 students say that they'd rather not eat the school provided lunches, and at school students need to eat things they'd prefer to eat than being "forced" to eat the sadness that is lunch. And it would also benefit the school by selling junk food the school can profit off of, we are currently selling candy bars to raise money at the main office and putting a vending machine to cash off of is ingenious.

• Vending Machines are...

Deez Nuts! HA GOTEEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!X x x x x x x x x x x x d d d d d d d d d tr o o l l ol o lo lo l ol o lo l o lo l ol o lo l ol m,etwa, fm, sfs c

• We should be able to make oure on choses

If lunch can have picsa and junk lunches we should have junk food.We can still get junk food from gas stashons.A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a aa a a a

• Fuck school and ur vendin machines

Fuck em and fuck school and ur fuckin vendin machines mothafucka
    w v v v v v v g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g

• No they shouldn't ban it!!!!!

They shoudn't ban junk food because the only food kids eat now a days is junk food. KIds could be sleepy and they can't stay awake. They buy a piece of candy from the vending machine. Healthy food should be eaten at lunch and now in vending machines. So no they shouldn't ban junk food n vending machines

• I don't think we should not have health vending machines

We should not have health vending machines because some school lunches are not good, so they should be able to get a snack that they want to eat .Like if they want a chocolate bar, but all they can get is a bagged salad.So they should get a un health vending machine.

• No they should not!!!!!!!

In school we are talking about debates and i chose thus topic so the facts that i have found are the things i am going to tell you right now and keep in mind i am a 6th grader suposed to be in 5th grade but back to the topic on hand some healthy foods have less calories in them than "junk food" i mean one "healthy" Prawn salad has 856 calories and a bag of chips and a burger contains 820 calories in it thats 36 calories less in two things of what you call junk food i mean what is junk food that is not yet in my vocabulaury i mean if there is a type of food called junk food then why cant i go to wendys and ask for a small bowl of junk food. You should be lucky if you have vending machines at you school because if the school uses this money from the vending machine right you can get what you need for the school like new furniture for the school or more teachers if you need it or a make over for the school. I have lots more evdidence but i have to do homework and look for more reasons why schools shouldnt ban vending machine or even junk food at the matter. Oh and sorry for my spelling errors just trying to rush and get this done

• Not everybody is fat.

I mean, c'mon! Dont take away junk food when only 5 people in the school are fat. Don't ruin it for the other kids. This is so communist. It's just like group punishment. One kid messes up and everybody else suffers. THAT NEVER WORKS AND NEVER WILL WORK. EVER. The perpetrator should be punished. He won't learn from other kids getting angry at him. He'll learn if he sees other kids getting to do things that he doesn't. Anyways, I better get back to the matter at hand. If there is a fat kid at a school, don't ban junk food just because of him. That's ridiculous. Besides, you don't get fat from a bag of Doritos, or em&ms. Don't let the government or the school get to dictate what you get to eat. I'm a kid who suffers from this intolerable set of rules. I have to deal with fat free foods, and disgusting things that taste like pure satan, yes, satan. If an obese kid shouldn't be allowed to eat junk food, then don't let him! There is such an easy solution to this problem. But no, people think that junk food shouldn't even be sold in stores and vending machines OUTSIDE of school should be banned. That's the government telling you what you can and can't eat. That's called government overreach. I mean, no I'm not against healthy foods. But I'm against forcing kids to eat certain things. Just monster the fat kid and make sure he doesn't get junk. Other kids don't need to have junk taken away from them. I just can't believe where this country is going. God bless America.

• Many Hungry Kids

In most schools the students have a late lunch and none of their classes allow them to have a snack in their class. The school will also get more money because they get all the money from the vending machine. Finally the school lunches aren't enough if they get an early lunch so they are still hungry after their lunch

• Why ban junk food?

Junk food is a treat that kids should be allowed to enjoy. Obviously the obese kid who spends all his money at the school vending machine buying candy is not the schools responsibility. It comes down to parenting. I have a soda from the schools vending machine and a bag of chips everyday but I'm no where near overweight because I am active. Activity levels is what's causing the obesity epidemic not nutrition.

>