Should schools ban LGBT couples from displaying affection?

Asked by: ilovekeirafolsom
  • Nasty nasty no

Im not against LGBT but people making love in public disturbs others. Children should not make a choice of being gay or trans in elementary school. Maybe high school they should start. Making love with the same gender disturbs people at a great amount in public because that is how society is.

• Basic Biology, people!

How the HECK could you think that those people should be able to do that? I don't know, I just think that it could be offensive to some people!! (EVEN ME!!!) And not all the KIDS at these "schools" are being brainwashed to PERVERSION!!!!! PLEASE JUST STOP IT NOW!!! PLEASE!

• Not Just Gays!

They should ban LGBT from showing affection. But only because they aren't allowing straight people to show affection. The LGBT community decides that they deserve more rights than straight people. If the straight kids aren't allowed to show their affection, then neither should the gays. So make it equal, or none at all.

• Yes, most definitely

It can disturb other students and disrespect some religions. Kids can feel uncomfortable or offended around it. I do not want my kids seeing this kind of thing or thinking it is ok. I don't want my children to be around these kind of things and have it being shoved down their throats.

• It is wrong on many levels.

1) It is a sin. The Bible teaches that it is wrong to be lgbt basically. It should not be encouraged 2) These are not adults, but minors and 3) Public displays of affection were banned at my high school and I do not see how this would be any different.

• Public Display of Affection

Since I am still in school, I can assure you students still show affection in the hallways, and I for one don't care who you're showing affection to. For as long as straight couples can show display of affections, I believe that anyone else should, regardless of who it's directed towards.

• It is wrong on many levels.

• It is a sin.

1) It is a sin and should not be encouraged. The Bible is clear that lgbt is a sin basically. 2) These are not adults, but minors and these are school settings. 3) PDA were banned for anyone at my high school. So, I do not see why this would be any different.

• Yes, because straight couples are not allowed to display affection either.

Schools are NOT supposed to be for kissing or whatever. It is a place to learn, study, and become educated. NO couples should be allowed to show PDA, no matter what their sexuality is. It is simply distracting to both teachers and staff and not appropriate in a school environment.

• Most schools already ban ALL forms of PDA

If a straight couple can't show their love in the middle of the hallway, why should gay couple be allowed to? Really it's just that simple, no one really wants to see couples making out when they're just trying to get to their next class anyways, it's just public decency.

• LGBT should be accepted

People can't help it if they are gay or not. There is no good reason why LGBT-people should be banned. It is the same as straight people kissing in public (at schools), I think they should be banned too if you would ban LGBT-people kissing in public. I think it is discriminating.
    That is why I'm against this statement.

• Um... Why not?

Does it matter if you're gay or straight? If straight people are allowed to show affection, gay people should be allowed to as well. Plenty of schools allow straight people to show their affection, and if a guy want's to show affection to another guy, they should be allowed. There isn't much of a difference.

• Public Display of Affection

• LGBTQ+ 4 life

Displaying affection is something we all do for one another. I mean if the school has rules against normal couples , then why limit that for just straights? If there are no rules in place for that, then let them show affection for each other. And showing affection isn't just limited to making love, it can be just kissing for all we know. Showing affection is not limited to one thing.

• Honestly? I just don't care.

The most viable argument against LGBT couples displaying affection would have to be one that's equally critical of straight couples as well, which is to say one that's of public affection in general. For me personally, I just don't care. It's not any of my business what people get up to and it seems petty and incredibly prudish to put up any kind of laws against it.

• Unless it disrupts disrupts the learning environment no.

No one should be banned from showing affection unless it disrupts the operation in the school. If we allow gay marriage then why should we not ban people them from showing their affection as long as we allow straight couples. By banning it we are saying that LGBTQ+ should not have the same rights as straight couple. If your reason is is that you don't want them to get bullied then that is their choice.

• What's the difference?

What makes a gay couple different from a straight couple? I mean, some people may see what they are as "wrong", "perverted" or an "abomination." And those people would be bigots that don't value one of God's greatest commandments (for all your uber religious bigots out there that constantly forget) "love thy neighbor as thyself." They aren't harming you in any way. If you don't want to see them as well as straight couples displaying affection, then I'd respect your opinion because at least you're consistent. But to favor a blatant denial of a simple display of affection because a couple happens to be gay makes you a massive bigot.

• If PDA is not banned in schools in general, Then no.

I personally don't see a reason to ban PDA in schools, But if it's banned then offcourse it should apply equally regardless of sexuality.

When PDA is not banned (which the question assumes) then it shouldn't be banned for gay people in arbitrary. Just because some people have opinions about something from a personal or religious standpoint doesn't mean it should suddenly be disallowed. There'd have to be objective valid judicial reasoning for that, Which there isn't.

• No, It Shouldn't

LGBT PDA should not be banned in schools unless ALL PDA is banned. There is no reason to ban some people from displaying affection that others. Some say that "it makes kids uncomfortable" when gay people kiss or whatever in school, but hetero couples kissing makes others uncomfortable as well. All in all, don't ban some from showing affection if you don't ban all public affection in school.

• You have to be equal.

Banning display of gay affection is degrading and if I have to hide my affection that you deem disturbing, than you'll have to make it equal and ban all forms of display of affection. My display of affection to my significant other does not harm you physically and it's not like I'm "turning you gay". If you don't like it, don't look.

>