• Yes as there is no need in schools

Yes,certainly because social media has really bad impact on students/children. School is a place to use free WiFi to access Facebook and other social networking sites. If schools start blocking social media sites student will eventually be able to focus on their education and achieve more in life. They will represent the school.

So my insight is that schools should block social media sites then they'll have a reduction of students looking down 24/7

• Yes as there is no need in schools

• Yes, Yes and Yes!

First of all, schools don't need social media for anything at all and social media can cause lots of arguments, and if the person used social media at school to cause an argument or a fight, it would be classed as the schools fault! The parents could blame it on the school.

• No devices allowed.

While at school, kids don't need cell phones or any such devices. If the kids parents or any others people need to get in touch with them for a legitimate reason, they can call the school. If something happens at the school that outside people must be called, teachers and others would have access to phones.
    Tho being social is important to everyone, interacting on social media is far from actually discussing things face to face. In this case, using social media would actually cause the kids to stop interacting with others around them. Funny thing is, its about the same for young adults. Often, when I go into the break room, I see a group of young adults staring at, and interacting with their cell phones paying no attention to the people who are sitting at the table around them. Is that what passes for a social life today?

• Social Media is a distraction to the learning experience.

Though it may seem that usage of social media is rather harmless, this is not the case. It poses a distraction for not only the person with the phone three inches from their nose, but also to other students and even educators.

We have to take into account that the purpose of school is not to abuse the Wi-Fi policy and browse social media, but instead is to provide an education to prepare students for the world outside of school. Social media not only fails to accomplish this, it is even counterproductive as it prevents students from learning all that school has to offer.

The learning experience is the reason school exists. School does not exist to provide a few hours of connecting on social media. It comes that social media does more harm than good, and blocking social media is the least the school can do to protect the education of young Americans.

• I say yes

I say yes because some kids mite not know how to use social media and they mite look up inapropret things or the internet with do things the students dont want to look up and kids are sometimes not careful eanouf because the student mite have ishous with enctronict and not know how to use them

• I say yes

• Please block all of it

Teenagers do not "need" social media in general. However this is even more true in school, where they should be focused on learning. All this trending social media garbage is honestly poisoning our society as well. This sign "#" that is called a pound key or a number sign. There is no such thing has hash whatever. That is not even a real word or thing.
    These are personal opinions i'll admit but here are some facts:
    - 87 percent of today’s youth have witnessed cyberbullying
    - One out of three kids feel they are more accepted on social media networks than in real life
    - 15 percent of surveyed students admit to cyberbullying others
    Source: https://www.teensafe.com/blog/cyber-bullying-facts-and-statistics/
    These stats emphasize how far cyber bullying has touched our society. Cyber bullying doesn't end with high school either. That is why internet "trolls" exist. People in general are also more toxic on the internet. Msn.Com used to allow commenting on their articles however whether liberal or conservative there was constant name calling and bullying on the comment feeds. This issue forced Msn.Com to remove the comment section of their articles. This sort of bad behavior stems from behavior developed during the K-12 years and should be stopped. They may have access to the internet at their homes, but if we can remove it while they are at school then maybe these bullying stats would go down.
    I'm not an old person i'm actually 24, I just have seen how toxic people have become on the internet and I do think blocking social media in schools has the potential to help end this problem.
    *steps off soapbox*

• Sieg heil! Sieg heil!

We will destroy the inferior technology that is Social Media, no more nudes and no more drama from snapchat in school, I will gas you and your boyfriends for the insane and stupid ways you run your school drama. I will execute you and your little puppies until you stop, I will BURN YOU ALL!!! SIEG HEIL!

• How tf do you expect me to do my projects

..When all of the imgur sourced images are blocked on the flipping computer. It's annoying enough just having random forums banned, but what the hell am I supposed to do if I need to do a contour in art class and my only digital copy is trapped in my discord server?! And what about my school alerts on twitter?!

• Why would the schools block social media

It's the best thing that's happend to me but when i get to school i can't go on snapchat or instagram and even facebook. It's like we're a prisoner in the school as a teenager our lives revolve around social media then the schools come and block them like really come on schools leave the kids social media alone.

• They shouldn't block schools social media!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They shouldn't block schools social media because what if the person is in school and they don't have the persons phone number and they need to contact them and they have them either on instagram, facebook, twitter, and/or messanger and its an emergency and they need to contact them that's why they shouldn't block social media!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>