• Yes they should

Coming from a 14 year old I think that schools should block YouTube from school is because they are things thet kids shouldn't be seeing at all. They shouldnt being seeing illegal or harmful things on YouTube. Because if they see illegal things on youube they might get hat mentality of doing drugs or using a wepon or whatever they are seeing. And also if they see harmful videos they might get that idea of killing themselves or cutting themselves and that's not ok so I say yes schools should block YouTube from students but only when they are at school that's it not home

• My reason for this

They should block it because we don't need the internet to learn we need our min u don't need to play games u need to get your grades why unblock something that will mess up your computer that why a lot of people fail the eyes be worried on something else then work

• Yes they should

Block websites from school because i said so so that clearly means that i should. And they should listten to me because i am me and i say that they should block websites because they shoukd and remember that i say so................So yeah everyone shoukd listten to me! Yayyy block websites

• Bad websites out there

Their are some very bad websites out their so their has to be certain websites blocked but they block way to many. Our school even blocks them at home on our school issued computers. I am not a fan of that. People are going to go on these websites at home anyway. There does have to be a few websites blocked.

• They should block websites because

They should block websites because kids wouldn't get there work done. They would be playing games before they do any work , they would just straight play games all day & think they don't have to do work. I know for sure that i would play games & don't do work all day because I like playing games & stuff.

• Yes it should

Eof8yewdghlr8e7y5gjjaiudjr09sidmbfm igf rjkxkc ienc jd cje jd d iuwqihfugde vr hewy b qqef rt r f r r t d g e fg r gf e e f d t e g d wa t er r f sd f we t e t r r t g r t

• Kids can be trouble makers.

It is best if schools continue to block sites that are in bad nature to the students health. A parent might not let them see many thing on the internet to begin with. When you have groups of kids they tent to push each other to the limit and when pushing thoughs boundarys they might cross the line on the internet and see things they shouldn't till they are older.

• Many Reasons Why Certain Websites Should be Blocked!

I am a student and I know from experience that the are many students who want to act "cool" and go on inappropriate, unlawful websites when there is no teacher supervision. These cites could lead them to break the law if the student is under 20. Also, social networking websites such as facebook or instagram may destract the students from there main reason for attending school: to earn a proper education to be successful in life. Parents would be extremely upset to learn that they pay taxes and send their child to school, so that he or she could play games, do social networking, etc.

• Yes, They should block websites

Schools should block websites because some websites can be inappropriate. These sites can be very graphic for children and most likely for there age level. Such as they see something such as a male or female's nudes that can effect they'er future. Also they can also find games and if it is not a game based on math, ELA, social studies, or science then kids shouldn't be playing it because they go their for an education not to play games. They can do what they want at home but not school.

• It's just common sense.

I run a school trust network, and just like any business we have bandwidth constraints and legal responsibilities. Sites can be blocked for many different reasons:

- We can't have five people using streaming video/TV/radio using all the Internet bandwidth that is required for the other three thousand people to learn and educate with

- We have top level filters which cut child pornography and other nastiness. Yes, sometimes sites get miscategorised, but this is swiftly fixed with an unfiltering request by a member of teaching staff

- We block sites with KNOWN viruses on them, to protect our staff and students from having their personal details stolen or our network equipment being damaged, causing expense to the school and loss of learning resources

These measures are just common sense, and in general schools are much less restrictive than the businesses that students will leave us to join when they begin their careers.

• It's basically censorship!

The fact that schools are allowed to over zealously block sites should be addressed, Most of the sites being blocked are educational articles or forums and are blocked based on keywords. Usually this is cased by false positives because the article included the word "drugs" for a site about drug awareness, Or "breast" for a site about breast cancer. Personally we should stop blocking the Internet so much, Or at least move to a blacklist system rather then blocking sites based on type.

• The idea of blocking websites is STUPID, USELESS, AND MOST OF ALL, OVERKILL AND POINTLESS.

Internet filters are so sensitive about everything! They block harmless sites like streaming and games. I think the idea of implementing filters is very dumb because it will not teach kids internet safety. And anyways, Why would we want to go on porn sites! The fact that they block games and streaming is pointless because we're not going to go on those sites during school hours, And they're harmless. And NO, Seeing violent things or porn or drugs is not going to make anyone want to get involved in those unless if they have mental issues.

• School filters often block harmless sites like games or streaming.

To make a point, My school uses their own filter. There are a few sites that were blocked manually by the school, But the majority of them were blocked by bots. I see no reason to block games or streaming, Because we aren't planning to use them during school hours anyway. But they block perfectly harmless sites like Crunchyroll and Crazy Games which are my favorite sites for streaming anime and browser based games, Respectively. My school seems to hate anime and manga sites more than anything, For no particular reason.

• I can't get my work done!

I an doing a climate project for school and half of the "trusted sources" are blocked because it has a single article about sex in it. Like what the f**k! And here is the messed up thing! Urban dictionary is not blocked. The school either needs fix it, Or remove it in general

• Should only block harmful stuff

As a 16 year old finishing my GCSE's recently and staying at my school for college I can say the younger kids can't even use keyboards and mice very well as they are now raised with tech screen devices yet as I have just finished my main school years most of my time on computers has been monitored by teachers in the classroom so there shouldn't need to be blocks and most of the blocks found block access to learning resources yet me and my friends would spend all our free time on computers bypassing blocks and the entire system because of it which wastes more time than if they weren't blocked and if people want to play games they can just put unblocked on the end of it, Bring in games on a usb and many other things but the websites we can get onto are some of the worst stuff you can find like search up bdsm on wikipedia it will probably be unlocked and have images or search any bad stuff up on wikipedia or if you want to see porn adverts go onto news websites students will still bypass the system but if it is only minor things like IT technicians get a notification if a student goes onto something dodgy then they will get into trouble and no one will have any want or motive to bypass stuff and people wouldn't go into dodgy sites on purpose just block VPN's so that the monitoring systems remain operating properly because otherwise that computer won't be able to be monitored

• Kids can beat the proxy

I am a 11 year old kid and I every day laugh at people struggling to watch youtube while I hack my way through the laptop firewalls and download roblox and other things. I even hack other kids computers to let them do anything. I also diable the abillity to look at my laptop but make it look like I am working to the teachers so blocking is usless.

• Because i can

Becuase this is a random work and i do not care and i hate school and the blocking system and we should have our writes as american people we should be a mancipated prolamtion as the us ofn a and yhea peace out the th name of he the read

• Although it can be good in some cases, It can affect learning opportunities.

In some cases it is very important for learning opportunities outside of school but a lot of firewalls block things that are not always distracting but important and can be very frustrating for students to try to learn non traditional education on their own. This shows the mentality that is sought from the school board and how students should not open their minds to outside of their core classes.

• I wanna play games

RE i can't take this please help i need to do work and lessons are being blocked please i need to do my work im failing school cause the websites are blocked please remove the website blocker they are torchering our grades please help us i really need to pass 3rd grade

• It's Not Free

It's a way to limit our freedom. I think that we should have unlimited access to the Internet at school, Because blocking "obscene" or "harmful" content is just the equivalent of censorship. Also, The government forces us to go to school, And then censors the crap out of everything. Explain that logic.

Edwin says2014-09-01T05:53:34.720
Yes, I think school should block certain websites, because the Internet has many improper websites for children to watch, such as porns, games an so on which are bad to children’s growth. So I suggest that school should use some software like Aobo Filter for PC http://goo.gl/B7XNDn to block unwanted websites to protect students. Wise choice to block certain websites!
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:54:08.880
Just get rid of all porn thing or make it a rule. Is it wise really, or wise for you.
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:59:06.977
See almost everyone agrees, The majority wins, NO BLOCKING,