• Yes they should

Coming from a 14 year old I think that schools should block YouTube from school is because they are things thet kids shouldn't be seeing at all. They shouldnt being seeing illegal or harmful things on YouTube. Because if they see illegal things on youube they might get hat mentality of doing drugs or using a wepon or whatever they are seeing. And also if they see harmful videos they might get that idea of killing themselves or cutting themselves and that's not ok so I say yes schools should block YouTube from students but only when they are at school that's it not home

• My reason for this

They should block it because we don't need the internet to learn we need our min u don't need to play games u need to get your grades why unblock something that will mess up your computer that why a lot of people fail the eyes be worried on something else then work

• Yes they should

Block websites from school because i said so so that clearly means that i should. And they should listten to me because i am me and i say that they should block websites because they shoukd and remember that i say so................So yeah everyone shoukd listten to me! Yayyy block websites

• Bad websites out there

Their are some very bad websites out their so their has to be certain websites blocked but they block way to many. Our school even blocks them at home on our school issued computers. I am not a fan of that. People are going to go on these websites at home anyway. There does have to be a few websites blocked.

• They should block websites because

They should block websites because kids wouldn't get there work done. They would be playing games before they do any work , they would just straight play games all day & think they don't have to do work. I know for sure that i would play games & don't do work all day because I like playing games & stuff.

• Yes it should

Eof8yewdghlr8e7y5gjjaiudjr09sidmbfm igf rjkxkc ienc jd cje jd d iuwqihfugde vr hewy b qqef rt r f r r t d g e fg r gf e e f d t e g d wa t er r f sd f we t e t r r t g r t

• Kids can be trouble makers.

It is best if schools continue to block sites that are in bad nature to the students health. A parent might not let them see many thing on the internet to begin with. When you have groups of kids they tent to push each other to the limit and when pushing thoughs boundarys they might cross the line on the internet and see things they shouldn't till they are older.

• Many Reasons Why Certain Websites Should be Blocked!

I am a student and I know from experience that the are many students who want to act "cool" and go on inappropriate, unlawful websites when there is no teacher supervision. These cites could lead them to break the law if the student is under 20. Also, social networking websites such as facebook or instagram may destract the students from there main reason for attending school: to earn a proper education to be successful in life. Parents would be extremely upset to learn that they pay taxes and send their child to school, so that he or she could play games, do social networking, etc.

• Yes, They should block websites

Schools should block websites because some websites can be inappropriate. These sites can be very graphic for children and most likely for there age level. Such as they see something such as a male or female's nudes that can effect they'er future. Also they can also find games and if it is not a game based on math, ELA, social studies, or science then kids shouldn't be playing it because they go their for an education not to play games. They can do what they want at home but not school.

• It's just common sense.

I run a school trust network, and just like any business we have bandwidth constraints and legal responsibilities. Sites can be blocked for many different reasons:

- We can't have five people using streaming video/TV/radio using all the Internet bandwidth that is required for the other three thousand people to learn and educate with

- We have top level filters which cut child pornography and other nastiness. Yes, sometimes sites get miscategorised, but this is swiftly fixed with an unfiltering request by a member of teaching staff

- We block sites with KNOWN viruses on them, to protect our staff and students from having their personal details stolen or our network equipment being damaged, causing expense to the school and loss of learning resources

These measures are just common sense, and in general schools are much less restrictive than the businesses that students will leave us to join when they begin their careers.

• Deciding what should be blocked is key.

The point of blocking websites is to protect students from illegal content and harmful concepts. Though this seems like great rhetoric, there are many problems with this.

The main problems are in the harmful concepts, or harmful materials. What is the current definition of harmful material? That is one of the main problems, due to the lack of standard definition, this could be twisted around to ban any website that exists. Schools need to create a standard definition so that the proper websites can be blocked, and those who do not deserved to be block can be released from their prison and used by students once more.

The goal to protect students from harmful concepts is also false rhetoric in a certain way. Schools cannot constantly monitor students and stop them from viewing harmful material. Students will be exposed to these evils at one point or another. So why not, instead of fleeing from these evils, teach them how to combat these evils and why these concepts are evil?

True, much of these concepts require definition. But once a definition is created, children could be taught what is right and wrong online and how to combat it, rather than just acting as if it never existed.

• Schools should not block websites.

There isn't any real 'learning' going on anyhow.
    School does not teach, but creates obedient, dumbed down robots.
    Students will spend their time attempting to find a way around the blocked system anyway, so in all honesty, they waste the whole course period, opposed to allowing the websites to be unblocked, having the students check the sits or open in the background.
    Censorship and restrictions are not healthy and they are not 'learning'.
    Especially when one is using wi-fi, on their own device, and things are still blocked.
    This should not be acceptable by any means.
    Freedom of speech is still a right, constitution or not, a human right for everybody, and shielding people from it, even in the confined walls of the indoctrination establishments, should not be accepted by any means.
    Censorship shows lack of trust and is more likely to start a rebellion.
    As me, I am all for rebellion, change, revolt, anarchy, chaos, all of it, and I will happily be a part of it.
    But I'm sure the 1% wouldn't enjoy seeing their indoctrination assets being destroyed or rebelled.

school-survival.net
    forums.school-survival.net
    inforwars.com
    prisonplanet.com
    ted.com

• Don't block websites!

I'm a student in school and it is illogical because half of the websites blocked are educational and or of the following not bad like the art website deviantart.com. I go on there for inspiration for my art classes, the bad things are prevented and blocked. That's what I mean. I think its stupid.

• DONT BLOCK SCHOOL WEBSITES!!!!!!

• Schools should not block all websites

I agree that some websites are not appropriate for students and should be blocked, but most websites that are educational are being blocked at the same time. Also, simply relying on a site filter does not teach a student how to act responsibly; when access is unchecked, it is hard to say what could possibly happen. It is up to the student alone when it comes to developing skills to be a savvy researcher.

• No, schools should not block websites.

Being a student, I think it's quite ridiculous that I can't use multiple educational websites because they are blocked. I have to do a lot of projects, most of which with videos. Because of the school's rules I cannot get onto YouTube to find a good video for my project. And come on, how many videos have you watched that AREN'T on YouTube? Very few, right? Imagine how hard it is for a student to find a video without these tools. Also, YouTube isn't allowed to have "bad" videos. Sure, some may be funny and not-school material. But 99% of the internet is. Soon, the only websites we're going to have left are the ones run by libraries. Try to find research on a LIBRARY site.

• NO Blocking informational Websites

I have gone through many situations in which I had to search for a very long time for information just because a lot of informational websites get blocked. For example I had a project of breast cancer and I can't search it because it has the word breast or if I search up Should the gun/weapons laws get more stricter against the weapon purchase. Just ashamed that informational websites get blocked with the bad websites.

• No please no

• Schooling is EDUCATING IN A PRODUCTIVE MANNER.

Students should not have access to all sites in school. Teachers cannot be appointed from time to time to keep an eye on each student's activity in the internet cabin. The need for websites seems applicable yet only educational ones and those which require proper information on newsmaking issues. No principal wants his/her school tuning into an ill site in order to enjoy oneself. The need of blocking a few websites in school is must.

• Schools should not block websites

Depending on what website the user wants to be on. Pornographic websites should be banned yes to avoid wrongful material to young ones. But however, if students have free time to do whatever they want after their work is done, let them be. Websites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and gaming sites. Other sites that are pornographic, criminal, or other illegal activity against the law are understandable.

Edwin says2014-09-01T05:53:34.720
Yes, I think school should block certain websites, because the Internet has many improper websites for children to watch, such as porns, games an so on which are bad to children’s growth. So I suggest that school should use some software like Aobo Filter for PC http://goo.gl/B7XNDn to block unwanted websites to protect students. Wise choice to block certain websites!
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:54:08.880
Just get rid of all porn thing or make it a rule. Is it wise really, or wise for you.
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:59:06.977
See almost everyone agrees, The majority wins, NO BLOCKING,