• Yes they should

Coming from a 14 year old I think that schools should block YouTube from school is because they are things thet kids shouldn't be seeing at all. They shouldnt being seeing illegal or harmful things on YouTube. Because if they see illegal things on youube they might get hat mentality of doing drugs or using a wepon or whatever they are seeing. And also if they see harmful videos they might get that idea of killing themselves or cutting themselves and that's not ok so I say yes schools should block YouTube from students but only when they are at school that's it not home

• My reason for this

They should block it because we don't need the internet to learn we need our min u don't need to play games u need to get your grades why unblock something that will mess up your computer that why a lot of people fail the eyes be worried on something else then work

• Yes they should

Block websites from school because i said so so that clearly means that i should. And they should listten to me because i am me and i say that they should block websites because they shoukd and remember that i say so................So yeah everyone shoukd listten to me! Yayyy block websites

• Bad websites out there

Their are some very bad websites out their so their has to be certain websites blocked but they block way to many. Our school even blocks them at home on our school issued computers. I am not a fan of that. People are going to go on these websites at home anyway. There does have to be a few websites blocked.

• They should block websites because

They should block websites because kids wouldn't get there work done. They would be playing games before they do any work , they would just straight play games all day & think they don't have to do work. I know for sure that i would play games & don't do work all day because I like playing games & stuff.

• Yes it should

Eof8yewdghlr8e7y5gjjaiudjr09sidmbfm igf rjkxkc ienc jd cje jd d iuwqihfugde vr hewy b qqef rt r f r r t d g e fg r gf e e f d t e g d wa t er r f sd f we t e t r r t g r t

• Kids can be trouble makers.

It is best if schools continue to block sites that are in bad nature to the students health. A parent might not let them see many thing on the internet to begin with. When you have groups of kids they tent to push each other to the limit and when pushing thoughs boundarys they might cross the line on the internet and see things they shouldn't till they are older.

• Many Reasons Why Certain Websites Should be Blocked!

I am a student and I know from experience that the are many students who want to act "cool" and go on inappropriate, unlawful websites when there is no teacher supervision. These cites could lead them to break the law if the student is under 20. Also, social networking websites such as facebook or instagram may destract the students from there main reason for attending school: to earn a proper education to be successful in life. Parents would be extremely upset to learn that they pay taxes and send their child to school, so that he or she could play games, do social networking, etc.

• Yes, They should block websites

Schools should block websites because some websites can be inappropriate. These sites can be very graphic for children and most likely for there age level. Such as they see something such as a male or female's nudes that can effect they'er future. Also they can also find games and if it is not a game based on math, ELA, social studies, or science then kids shouldn't be playing it because they go their for an education not to play games. They can do what they want at home but not school.

• It's just common sense.

I run a school trust network, and just like any business we have bandwidth constraints and legal responsibilities. Sites can be blocked for many different reasons:

- We can't have five people using streaming video/TV/radio using all the Internet bandwidth that is required for the other three thousand people to learn and educate with

- We have top level filters which cut child pornography and other nastiness. Yes, sometimes sites get miscategorised, but this is swiftly fixed with an unfiltering request by a member of teaching staff

- We block sites with KNOWN viruses on them, to protect our staff and students from having their personal details stolen or our network equipment being damaged, causing expense to the school and loss of learning resources

These measures are just common sense, and in general schools are much less restrictive than the businesses that students will leave us to join when they begin their careers.

• Its just Stupid guys!

Like others have said. Blocking certain websites such as pornographic or illegal sites is a must but my school has gone so far as to do this example here. "My school site Naschools.Net has a link to its twitter account. Ok so if there using it then I can right. Nope!!! Click the link and its blocked, WHY ARE YOU ALLOWED TO ADVERTISE YOUR OWN SCHOOLS SOCIAL MEDIA LINK AND NOT LET YOUR STUDENTS USE THAT SITE! Its so stupidly over blocked. YouTube is a site plenty of my teachers use every day yet when I'm in say my SLP (Silent Learning Period) and id like to watch say a crash course which is a educational YouTube channel all about the school subjects I cant! There is no reason to block most of the stuff they block. And if I've finished all my work and have some free time I should have the right to spend my time where I want to spend it such as on Facebook.Com or YouTube.Com

• Teaching Resources Blocked

Schools should not block websites that do not have inappropriate videos or information. When I was in middle school, many websites were blocked. YouTube was blocked so kids couldn't watch videos during class. Our Social Studies teacher and English teacher often needed YouTube to show us documentaries and play songs for us to analyze. Our class of 30 had to listen to the songs through our teacher's phone on full volume because of the website block. This caused students to lose interest in their classes because all we did were worksheets. Teachers can watch over the kids as they used laptops so they aren't going on anything they aren't supposed to so there won't be any need to block websites. The only thing that should definitely blocked are porn websites, and websites where students can be scammed or need to enter personal information (e.G. Ebay).

• Because kids can be trusted if you just give them a chance to be trusted.

Plenty of kid just want to be trusted and just show out cause they can easily tell people at school don't trust them so therefore they are very very very bad. That's my argument why schools should not block things which is a very very good argument hopefully the stop thanks for reading this.

• Why are they trying to ruin learning

Yes, I agree that schools should block websites that are pornographic but if i wanted to do a project and I needed a video one of the only places to get a video is YouTube which is blocked so how could I make my project more interesting well I cant because of school restrictions.

• I am only doing this because of my boredom.....So yeah...

I was just on the computer in class, I had finished all my asignments....So I was bored. In an attempt to search up some math games, I was soon confronted by the 'school block site' .... In that moment, I froze, all of a sudden a chilling whip of emotions hit me. Hate, anger, frustration and sadness....
    I asked myself "Why??"
    I wanted to bash my head on the keyboard, but a knew I would regret later....
    But at-a-last I soon found out that I wasn't alone...
    I BELIEVE THAT ONE DAY WE WILL SOON HAVE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!
    FOR ALL THOSE BOYS AND GIRLS SUFFERING OUT THERE, PLEASE....I'll time will come soon...
    Thanks, if you have read this far of me just complaining... And yeah! :)

• No, cause sometimes those websites are coping skills for us when were going through rough time

Its just that i get bullied at school a lot and when I take a break I use my coping skills like listening to music or just playing some games but when school has those things blocked its like I can't do anything but over think and causing mr to hurt myself or someone else

• It can be destructive to our ability to find sources.

Well duh I am going to say no because I am a 14 year old kid who thinks its wrong because they want the websites back. Well, I believe I have a good reason to say no. 1. It can be wrong to block websites because some blockers can block images as well. Given that many projects need images, this can be truly destructive to our ability to put our best foot forward with these projects. 2. Sure, there are kids that actually go onto websites they aren't supposed to. However, the vast majority of the kids who use computers at school don't want to get in trouble by continuing to find sources that will help with their work. This means that these blockers are punishing kids that stay on task, too. It is like stealing. It's taking things from students that didn't do anything wrong. (Not to mention all the blocked images). 3. Remember the net neutrality situation? Its almost like they take Ajit pai as their role model. All the data should be treated equally and should be accessible to everyone. 4. It makes us feel more controlled. Imagine If a parent came to you and out of nowhere, they say: "you can't be doing this anymore because we said so." In my opinion, that is a truly devastating feeling that makes you feel too controlled by the school. 5. It simply takes away the feeling of trust from the school. Many of us can be trusted by the school already I mean heck, we get our work done all the time. Clearly there is no need to block us from these places. It is a very powerful feeling to think that a whole district doesn't trust its students to get their work done. These are my reasons why I think that a school shouldn't excessively block websites.

• They Block Sites, Which Is OK, But They Seem Like Overlords Instead of Friends

I think that they should block sites that don't follow CIPA, or the Child Internet Protection Act, such as pornographical sites and obscene or harmful information or pictures; however, I don't think that they should block things like gaming websites or learning-related videos or sites, or music, or other sites that nobody in their right mind would block, unless it was because of a miscategorization. (e.G. They block anything that has the word "hacked" or, if you do Rubik's Cubes, they blocked speedsolving.Com , which I looked through and found to be 100% school-appropriate.) They haven't gone to the extreme of blocking YouTube, but they (for some reason) block all the videos under 'Category "Gaming" '. I would understand if they scheduled their filters, for example enabling most of the sites an hour after school let out (obviously not something like "PornHub"), but they don't do that, so I think that the original idea of keeping kids safe has gotten, and the idea of total censorship and anti-freedom-of-speech laws has prevailed. In conclusion, I believe that the whole idea has kind of failed, and that the administration is acting like an overlord instead of a friend.

• I DO NOT believe schools should block websites because...

Some websites aren't really that bad to the point where teachers need to block them. Especially when it comes to You tube or music. I remember trying to look up a sound track of † CΛIN † - † † † (mostly heard in animation memes) on Youtube, and it was apparently block for inappropriate "language", but something like Blackberry- idfc was allowed -_-. I think it has to do with something in the search bar that triggers flags to the teachers in order for them to block it. Otherwise, please don't say you're goanna block inappropriate websites If you allow some of them to prosper.

• They don't block the right things

As a middle schooler I can tell you that you can't go on to a website (Ex: History) but you can still get to bad things (Ex: Creepypasta wiki is unblocked) they should block the right websites not things that students use for their entertainment. They tell us that they watch our history so why ban video game websites? Also a few months ago they started to ban pictures from blocked websites even if it was from wiki.

Edwin says2014-09-01T05:53:34.720
Yes, I think school should block certain websites, because the Internet has many improper websites for children to watch, such as porns, games an so on which are bad to children’s growth. So I suggest that school should use some software like Aobo Filter for PC http://goo.gl/B7XNDn to block unwanted websites to protect students. Wise choice to block certain websites!
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:54:08.880
Just get rid of all porn thing or make it a rule. Is it wise really, or wise for you.
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:59:06.977
See almost everyone agrees, The majority wins, NO BLOCKING,