• Bad websites out there

Their are some very bad websites out their so their has to be certain websites blocked but they block way to many. Our school even blocks them at home on our school issued computers. I am not a fan of that. People are going to go on these websites at home anyway. There does have to be a few websites blocked.

• They should block websites because

They should block websites because kids wouldn't get there work done. They would be playing games before they do any work , they would just straight play games all day & think they don't have to do work. I know for sure that i would play games & don't do work all day because I like playing games & stuff.

• My reason for this

They should block it because we don't need the internet to learn we need our min u don't need to play games u need to get your grades why unblock something that will mess up your computer that why a lot of people fail the eyes be worried on something else then work

• Depending on Sites.

I understand if you are blocking websites that involve only vulgar and indecent things. But websites such as YouTube should not be blocked. There are just as many useful and learning videos on there as there are harmful. They should not be blocked just monitored. There are many websites like this that they may block. Normally when I am looking something up on Google, I'll click on a website that has the answer in the description of the website but I wont be allowed to click on it. It is very frustrating.

• Yes it should

Eof8yewdghlr8e7y5gjjaiudjr09sidmbfm igf rjkxkc ienc jd cje jd d iuwqihfugde vr hewy b qqef rt r f r r t d g e fg r gf e e f d t e g d wa t er r f sd f we t e t r r t g r t

• Yes, schools should block certain websites.

I would hope that each school would carefully decide what websites to block; websites with pornographic material are obviously not appropriate in a school setting. School administrators should also keep an eye on the increasing amount of social media that can spread harmful or hurtful information very quickly across a student body. Though I'm not sure such sites should be banned, their usage should be monitored.

• Yes, Schools should block certain websites.

Schools should be able to block certain websites from students. The internet has a vast array of websites and many of them are not appropriate for children in school to view. If schools do not block various websites then it can distract students and even be harmful to their education and there development.

• Yes they should

Coming from a 14 year old I think that schools should block YouTube from school is because they are things thet kids shouldn't be seeing at all. They shouldnt being seeing illegal or harmful things on YouTube. Because if they see illegal things on youube they might get hat mentality of doing drugs or using a wepon or whatever they are seeing. And also if they see harmful videos they might get that idea of killing themselves or cutting themselves and that's not ok so I say yes schools should block YouTube from students but only when they are at school that's it not home

• Yes of course!

There is no question in my mind that schools should block websites. Going to school is a child's job. They are not there to mess around and play on the internet. They are also not there to be able to get their hands on unacceptable content. Keeping kids on task at school will only reinforce healthy work habits when they enter the workforce.

• Yes, schools should block websites

The focus of schools is education. The educators should develop the goals for that education and the curriculum to achieve those goals. Schools decide which teachers to use, the outlines of the education and the books that are provided to support those educational goals. The internet, however, contains areas that are not only distracting to the educational end of the schools, but can also be harmful and detrimental to those young minds. Pornography, drugs, bomb-making sites and the like should definitely be blocked from access in any school.

• No, schools should not block websites.

Being a student, I think it's quite ridiculous that I can't use multiple educational websites because they are blocked. I have to do a lot of projects, most of which with videos. Because of the school's rules I cannot get onto YouTube to find a good video for my project. And come on, how many videos have you watched that AREN'T on YouTube? Very few, right? Imagine how hard it is for a student to find a video without these tools. Also, YouTube isn't allowed to have "bad" videos. Sure, some may be funny and not-school material. But 99% of the internet is. Soon, the only websites we're going to have left are the ones run by libraries. Try to find research on a LIBRARY site.

• I say no

I may be a student, but that doesn't mean my opinion isn't true. These blocks are often pointless. For example, let's just say I finish all my work on a period I work at a computer, and the teacher doesn't have any new work posted yet. In such a situation, I should be allowed to go on any site I want, within reason. Now, some blocks are acceptable, mainly against pornographic websites, but blocking things educational or entertainment based is just not right. Firstly, most people on a computer in a classroom have either finished their work, or are in a class they WANT to be in, due to the subject, meaning they are going to get their work done, most likely. Very rarely do classes not based on the use of a computer go and use them. Second, people will just find ways around these blocks anyways. For example, going to a wiki site, or using their phone. Most providers nowadays even provide data connection, allowing them to get past the blocks because they aren't using school internet. Third, most of the sites blocked are in one of three categories. They all seem to either be game sites, music sites, or even sites that even have information about games. For example, I just tried to go on a D&D wiki to find a sheet to homebrew a class. I cant though, because the good one is blocked. The other, maybe, five percent of blocks, are fine, things like Pornhub and junk. Fourth, there are several sites that can't be blocked. Namely Weebly sites and Wikia sites. If somebody wanted, they could just put a bunch of porn or games on a Weebly site, and manage to get past the school blocks because if they blocked Wikia or Weebly, they would be blocking important tools for every subject. Fifth, it mutes this so-called freedom of speech we Americans have, by allowing the small amount of people at a school to block whatever the heck they feel is inappropriate. In other words, anything that disagrees with their ideals, religion, etcetera. The whole idea is just a failure.

• Cause its fucking gay.

Schools should not be able to take away our ability to see everything the internet provides for us, its an unlimited source of power that schools are taking away from the students.

• Schools should not block websites

Depending on what website the user wants to be on. Pornographic websites should be banned yes to avoid wrongful material to young ones. But however, if students have free time to do whatever they want after their work is done, let them be. Websites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and gaming sites. Other sites that are pornographic, criminal, or other illegal activity against the law are understandable.

• Too much blocked.

They block all of the wrong stuff and something's they block are useful to everyone else. I go on the wrong sites but they block stuff because they just want to because it's not what we are supposed to do in our "free time". I think school blocking should be left to the students to decide what is right and what is wrong.

• Schools deprive kids' creativity

Going through highschool was a rough long journey, and to make it worse, my school blocked almost everything, from music to even educational websites, we should not support the need to block (appropriate) sites because there are many sites that are full of creative ideas and can help kids strive in school. Sadly, schools waste time and money blocking music websites, educational game sites, and many more. The reasons and evidence pile up more every day, it is not something the community should support

• No no no

If students don't have music, then what are they going to do when its electronics day? Play baby games? Oh my GAWD people! Some adults are sooo mean. Why can't we just get along and have peace? Like the old saying, " If adults were more like kids, the world would be a heck of a lot better."

• What good does blocking them do?

Scenario: You finished your work in a coding or computer science class when you wanna go play something on CoolMathgames.Com. COMPLETELEY REASONABLE. You did your work so now you can have a little fun but what's this? It's BLOCKED. Why? Probably because some student who wasn't doing their work was playing on that instead and teach saw them, said "No, No, No" and went to the office and told them to tell the district *cue ear bleeding raspy teacher voice* "THIS WEBSITE HAS GAMES THAT WERE DITRACTING ONE OF MY OVER HUNDRED STUDENTS SO I WANT IT BAN BECUASE IT IS PREVENTING EDUCATION!!!" What can school board do? Either block it because it prevented education of someone who clearly didn't care enough to get that education in he first place OR block it because it prevents education. They would look bad if they didn't block something that slowed or stopped education but no one (By that I mean adults. Student sure as hell would back them up.) would back them up in their justification that "It was only ONE IRRESPONSIBLE student". Just don't block things that aren't unnecessary. Do some research and look at the website before you smack a website with a "BIG HAMMER OF BLOCKING AND LABLE THE REASON AS "IT'S A GAME"" because a lot of games stimulate the brain to plan out numbers for a level, improve their reaction time to hit that target, or to be creative enough to find a loophole of a levels mechanics.

• No they shouldnt

I understand if its inappropriate games or certain sites, but honestly as a student I feel like they block to much personally. I get it if they wanna block something that is provocative or distracting but what irritates me is that when im working on a project and I need to search up something its 95% of the time its blocked...Anyone relate?

• School needs to not block websites

The reason why they shouldn't is because many sites are needed to do projects or reports. Yes I understand the only thing that should be blocked is any sites that have pornography. That is my thoughts on why schools shouldn't block websites...Especially educational ones....Thx for reading and listening to my thoughts

Edwin says2014-09-01T05:53:34.720
Yes, I think school should block certain websites, because the Internet has many improper websites for children to watch, such as porns, games an so on which are bad to children’s growth. So I suggest that school should use some software like Aobo Filter for PC http://goo.gl/B7XNDn to block unwanted websites to protect students. Wise choice to block certain websites!
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:54:08.880
Just get rid of all porn thing or make it a rule. Is it wise really, or wise for you.
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:59:06.977
See almost everyone agrees, The majority wins, NO BLOCKING,