Should schools maintain the Pledge of Allegiance as a daily classroom routine?

• Yes They Should

We live in America and its almost a tradition to say the Pledge of Allegiance before school starts. I don't see why people have a problem with it. We're too sensitive these days. If you do not want to say it, then don't, but do not make a big deal out of it.

• Yes.

I still believe the pledge of allegiance has a place in the classroom. I believe that children should also be given the option to just stand out of respect if they do not wish to say a phrase like "under God." However, I am not a religious person by any means, and I always said the pledge of allegiance. I think it call build loyalty and also give people something to believe in.

• Keep The Pledge In The Classrooms

I think that we should keep the Pledge of Allegiance in the classrooms. It shows patriotism and is something all American citizens, not just students, should know. I do not have a problem with it being a daily routine. It takes two minutes to do and is not harming anyone at all.

• We Should Keep The Pledge

Reciting the pledge everyday before school is a very quick and easy tradition that should be kept. It is a way to show our respect to the country and only takes about 30 seconds to complete. Students should be able to opt out, Based on family or religious beliefs, But there is no reason to make a big deal out of it. Even though it is something that everybody should do, To salute the people that made this country free, It shouldn’t be mandatory at all.

• Keep the Pledge of Allegiance

I think that students should recite the Pledge of Allegiance because it shows that they are supporting our country, The military, And our freedom. It is also important because it tells kids about our past and how many wonderful, Brave, And strong soilders fought for our freedom and our country.

• It shouldn't be required

The pledge should not be required it takes up time that could be used to be productive. It is not necessary to stand at the beginning of every single day and say the same pledge every day. Some kids also do not want to do the pledge because they don’t believe in it and may not want to do it because of their beliefs.

• Keep the Pledge of Allegiance

We should keep the pledge of allegiance because we say it for a meaningful and important reason. Our country has gone through so much and the pledge is one way to remember it. Those who have different beliefs and don’t want to say it, Then it’s their choice but they live in America and they should say it or stand respectfully.

• Keep reciting the pledge of allegiance.

I think that students should recite the pledge of allegiance as a daily routine because it reminds you what you are pledging to the USA and it helps you remember what you are pledging to. It also tells you that you should respect your country and we are representing it.

• -The Pledge of Loyalty-

As a young child, I knew nothing of what the pledge really meant. All it was, Was a routinely chant that we recited before we started class. Even now, As I enter a classroom at the beginning of the day, We stand up and pledge to the flag. It never really meant anything special to me—just some words that were put together and spoken as a united class. But if I really ponder apon this saying, I believe that it won’t hurt to continue our oath to the flag. Many lives have been given for our freedom and our unity as one to say this pledge will honor those patriots that fought for us. Also, In the past, There was a lot of racism, And people not accepting others for who their were. This American flag reminds us that there once was a time like that, And it may still be now, But since it improved, We just tell ourselves that we are stronger as one united nation, And that everyone should be equal.

• The Pledge should stay at Schools

In my opinion schools should recite the pledge every morning. When they do this they are showing there courntry that they are in support of it (not counting the president). The pledge should also stay because in one part it states “under God”. This is not forcing anyone to become a Christian or believe in God, It ps just that the founding fathers always believed that God could help them to succeed. This is why they include this part in the pledge. Also “In God we trust” is included in the dollar bill, This in a way means that the presidents from before always felt confident when making decisions because they trusted God this is an important component in the pledge because without the founding fathers believing ang trusting God, Would we have this freedom today? It is important to show respect to the flag because this is what was shown when our Country won the American Revolution, When we had freedom. If we want to be free and show America that we are loyal then state the pledge. Which stating the pledge we are honoring our country and being thankful for the freedom we have.

• No. This is brainwashing!

(I apologize for any typos, I am typing this on a phone)
    "I pledge allegiance, To the flag, To the United States of America. For wighed stands, One nation, Under God, Indivisible with liberty and justice for all. "

When you first learned this, Did you know what this meant, Because I sure didn't. Teachers never explained what this meant at all. Every day at school, We are required to stand up and recite this pledge, Pledging yourself to be loyal to America. We practically became robots for those few 30 seconds. Although, I feel it should be optional as soon as you get to middle school, Since then, You'd probably know what it meant.

• No Pledge Should Be Required

No pledge should be required for student to recite in school. Students do not see the point of it and they don’t see the point. Some students have religious restrictions too. In addition, Because of their religion, So students have even got expelled for not pledging. Students deserve freedom to salute America or not.

• It shouldn't be required

• It shouldn't be required

• It shouldn't be required

• -The Pledge of Loyalty-

• The Pledge of Allegiance should no longer be a daily classroom routine.

Every morning when we do the pledge, Most of my classmates don’t care about the pledge, And some of them don’t even recite it. In my opinion, It is just a waste of our class time. I think we should only say the pledge on the first day of school, Because we already pledged our allegiance one time, So we don’t need to pledge it again, Right?

• There is no need

Students shouldn’t have to pledge to the flag daily. Student are pledging to words they may not understand yet it is okay because it is for our country. The pledge also states things that aren’t completely true. They say “justice for all” yet there are major confilts in America right now. This is why the pledge shouldn’t be said very day before school starts.

• Doesn’t have to

I am going to play Devil's advocate in that according to legal issues that a minor cannot be held accountable to a legal contract. In the pledge one is asking another to avow, Affirm, Agree, Or PLEDGE obedience to the flag. While given a minor subject's age, This contract would be nullified, I do believe that children should be taught the pledge to understand what it means and why it is in our history. But to have it required, NO!

• No, It isn’t necessary

Students already know the pledge and what the pledge of allegiance means, So it is unnecessary to go over it and say it every single day. This takes up precious class time. Another reason why schools should have to say the pledge is because students may not agree with it but are too shy to sit down or speak up.

>