• I’m 16 and what to know how to be safe!

I’m 16 years old and I’m fascinated by the word of BDSM. As I get older and the more I find the more I feel it is is something that I would probably like to try, not that I want to try it out now but when I’m older. But there is only so much I can find out at my age and I want to know more, I also want to know that it is normal and okay, sometimes I find things that just tell me I’m too young which just makes me hate myself because I can’t change how I feel and what I want, if I was taught in school I would at least feel like there are others that may feel the same way and wouldn’t feel ashamed for liking what I like.

• Kids need to know they're normal

A lot of people who are into BDSM feel extremely not normal. They need to know these things that they want to do are extremely helpful, fun and can be extremely save. As someone has already said they should teach it to learn how to prevent abuse. They should be taught the difference between consensual bdsm and straight up abuse. Obviously they don't need to be taught all the details of it but the general idea is good enough.

• Learning about BDSM to prevent abuse

BDSM is becoming ever more common in mainstream society. At the very basic level, teenagers need to learn about what it is, about consent, respecting their partner's limits, knowing their own limits, knowing which fantasies are dangerous, how and what to do about it, and how to know when BDSM crosses into abusive territory. Learning about this new sexual practice is important in sex & relationship education, especially as a means to prevent potential abuse.

• They need to know!

Sexual education in schools needs to make students aware of all forms of sexuality, including the BDSM lifestyle. Skipping over this means that they will learn about it from the internet or Fifty Shades of Gray which is very incorrect. These kids may be confused by their strange fantasies, and need to know that there are others out there. I was once confused by my fantasies, and if I were told about BDSM in sex ed, then I would never have thought I was the only one.

• No way.. What?

BDSM being taught to 6th graders? No way! Why not have the teacher strip down and have someone take her right on the table. Of course that is being dramatic.

Sex education isn't designed to inform kids of different sexual positions or toys or anything like that. It is designed for kids to ask questions about sex in a safe environment with educated professionals that they trust.

Sex Ed is designed for kids to learn about what their genitals do and to ask questions about them, not to learn about BDSM or other sexual fantasies/fetishes, it's not what the environment or curriculum is designed to teach them.

>