• Cmon now son

Srsly man why would we ever need to go to school? Their is thousands of educational sites online that you could use and also, Their is so many school sites online. Gfr f f f f f f ff f ff f f f f ff f ff f f

• Work and school

Yes I think that school should be a option because then you can go to work and understand on want they are doing. And if they didn't then they will be dumb and asked about every single thing and the people who went to school will be mad and have to explain everything to him or her. And if you want to get a will paid job you can't because you didn't go to school.

• Conventional school is not always the best option!

As someone who was home-schooled for a lot of my childhood, I definitely think that public school should not be mandatory. Through the education I received at home I ended up enjoying my learning so much more and actually having a far above average education level for my age. At the age of 5 I was already reading chapter books; by the age of 10 I had reached college reading level. Around the same time I began writing novels for fun and finished my first novel at 14 years of age. And my education wasn't only limited to english-related subjects; in numerous assessments of many different types throughout my elementary, Junior high, And highschool aged years, I scored far above average in every category; including math, History, Science, Etc.
    So from this we can definitely see that one does not need to go to a "conventional" school in order to get a good education.
    Additionally, I'd like to point out that some of the world's greatest minds struggled in the conventional schools of their times, Some even dropping out because the environment was too stifling or simply because their own personal learning styles were not being supported. Everyone thinks differently, So a single, Cut-and-dry teaching method CANNOT be applied to every child and expected to work beautifully every time. That's not how it works!
    In the end, I think some kids will end up thriving in public schools, Some will prefer private schools and some will do best learning from home, But I think this should be up to the individual families and NOT the government. If we take this option away from people then economies suffer because people don't get the education that they personally need, And are unable to work as effectively or do the things they love to do, Where they would BE more effective.

• School can be waste of time.

We are taught things that aren't used for every day work. Unless you are a teacher. Why would we need to know a squared + b squared = c squared. Why would we need to know so much history if we don't want a job. What if someone wanted to start their own company. EXACTLY! You don't kneed to know all of this extra stuff!

• I totally agree!

I think school should be an option because at my age, People don't care. Most don't care about school, Or the staff. And if they don't care, Let em all fall behind. If they don't want school, Let em go off on their own and find jobs that require little to no education. It may not be a lot of money they'll earn, But if they're satisfied with it, Then so be it. That's how the cookie crumbles.

• Its not for everyone

While there are many advantages to schools. . . . It doesn't suit everyone and tbh I think it only suits a minority. Except for the basics which all children need to learn the rest of it is by and large a total waste of time. . . …. A better system is that after the basics have been learnt and a reasonable grade obtained, Children can specialise either in school, Or take a training course or get a job if they prefer. . . . . What is fundamentally wrong with school is that you CAN'T teach a child that DOESN'T want to learn. . . . . . Its a waste of time both for the child, The teacher and everyone else in the class that might actually want to know the subject but the time is wasted by the teacher having to deal with the child who doesn't want to know! In addition, Schools have FAR too many rules (all in the name of "safeguarding". . . . . Yet they DON'T safeguard the most important thing. . . . . . Which is allowing children to be children and allowing them to grow up happy and learning to be an independent adult. . Instead they are taught blind obedience and that "everything will hurt you" they are NOT taught to think for themselves or how to evaluate risk properly) also not to mention that many children are exposed to the cruelty of other children that they can't possibly escape from…. . . For some children the system works very well and of course should remain an option for any child who needs it. . . . . But for others they should be allowed an alternative. . . . . .

• College & University education worth NOTHING for modern jobs and financial success.

College & University education worth NOTHING for modern jobs and financial success. Degrees are very widespread and almost all young'ems have them nowadays. Personal CONNECTIONS are worth much more than degrees in terms of getting a job. I have a Computer Science bachelor degree at a well known university (Like University of Toronto), And I still have spent around 7 months on job hunt during unemployment until i Landed a job. With hundreds of job applications rejections. And each IT job only lasted only 2~3 years on average In recent 2019, Each IT contract jobs posted lasted only 6 months. The pay on average is only around 50K in salary, Not much better than minimum wage jobs. Each job opening may have hundreds of other applicants. Modern University Degrees are are worth very little, Even STEM degrees too, All thanks to mass global wide competition, Extremely greedy bosses and mass outsourcing to cheaper countries.
    Me and my friends all got scammed and got loaded with student debs all thanks to massive greed of post-secondary education instutions

• Kids need to have choices of their own!

Yes! Kids should have a decision whether to go to school or not. How about when they become 4 or 5 whatever and they go to school for a try and see if they like it or not. SIMPLE AS THAT GOD DAM GOVERNMENT! . . . . . .

• Because school is crap.

Because we don't get electronic day everyday. Because we don't get electronic day everyday. Because we don't get electronic day everyday. Because we don't get electronic day everyday. Because we don't get electronic day everyday. Because we don't get electronic day everyday. Because we don't get electronic day everyday. Because we don't get electronic day everyday.

• H h h

Becauseh hs ahd sd g ggggg g g g lg g hlh lhl lhl l hl hll ll l ll jlll ljl ljl ljl jl ljl lj jljl oj ojl l jl ljl gllh lhl lh llh lhl lhl hl lh llh b hh h h h h h h hh

• Uugh please listen

Yes, Conventional schooling isn't always the best option. And yes, It can be a waste of time but i know that there are at least 20 things you learned during your schooling that you use/will use as an adult.
    Of course, Having only 20 things that you use from years of schooling is horrendous but we shouldn't throw away the whole system. Our schooling system needs to undergo a revolution because although everything else has seemed to adapt to the times, Our schooling system has not. It's such a shame that the majority of things we learn throughout school will never have any use in our lives but there are things that can only be learned through school.
    There is so much extra information that is stuffed into our heads throughout our educational career and it's such a dramatic waste of time. If we could actually learn stuff we'll use everyday as an adult and understanding what "adulting" is instead of being thrown into that world without even knowing taxes, We'd all be better off.
    Yes, Our schooling system definitly needs to undergo a huge revolution and our world leaders definitly need to learn how to educate the youth, The future of the world. But to throw away the whole thing as if it's useless would be pointless.

• Well at least people should finish high school and get the basics at least

Well; at least kids should learn how to read and talk, As well as how to do basic math and take care of themselves. Also at least they should finish through high school; since without a high school diploma, It's often hard to make enough to live. As of other subjects other than reading and math, I feel those subjects should be optional since you'll not be using those things unless you want to have a job requiring those subjects.

• School has a big effect on children's development

For one, School provides an environment for social development for kids, Where they can learn all kinds of communication and people skills, Create a network of friends, And in that sense it's very similar with the social situation they would be faced with when they get a job (in most cases). Aside from that, The knowledge gained from school is enough to introduce them to the different subjects, Help them find what's most interesting to them and give them the baseline knowledge so that when they do decide what they want to study and work for the rest of their life after graduating, They wouldn't be starting from level 0 and would have a wide array of option to choose from the subjects they were most proficient at and had the most passion for throughout those school years.

• Children need education.

So, I am a 13 year old girl. And i know for a fact that school shouldn't be an option. Children need education to learn, And be educated to go far in life. To grow up, Go to college, Get a good paying job, And have a good, Successful life.

• No, But for a good reason

While I will be the first person to tell you school is a waste of peoples lives and severe no purpose other than putting money in peoples pockets, Its still better to go than not. And with our education system, You would be hard pressed to find someone that actually wants to go, So its probably for the best that it's required.

• Nah Dissagrement here

I think school should not be an option. My first reason is that kids, All ages need their education. Even I do. (No duh. ) If kids don't their education, They won't have the right smarts to get into a good college, Or get a job later on in life. My second reason, Is that kids should focus on schoolwork. According to NY times, 80% of kids care more about their ringtone then their schoolwork. Lots of kids don't pay attention in school, Which those kids won't be good later on in the real world because in conclusion, All kids need an education, In which school should not be an option.

• No, Obviously not.

How could school ever be an option? Who would make the decision? The kid? The kid isn't educated, He's never been to school. He doesn't know enough to make the decision, He's probably five. The parents? The parents don't have the right to ruin their kid's life by saying that they can't go to school. School is necessary for the education needed to get a job and be successful. No, Optional education from kindergarten through to 12th grade is an idiotic idea.

• Ok now this is epic

Nowledge gained from school is enough to introduce them to the different sub Becauseh hs ahd sd g ggggg g g g lg g hlh lhl lhl l hl hll ll l ll jlll ljl ljl ljl jl we need to know a squared + b squared = c squared. Why would we need to know so much history if we don't want a job. What if someone wanted to start their own company. EXACTLY! You don't kneed to know all of this extra stuff! Ljl lj jljl jects

• Ur nerd myjngbhta v fahgr d hgadgujabrf dfsijdfhbs dgvia;s sahdfkd;fedfjd jdfsdbjk;a

Ur nerd dfihsdngdi fghiskgahsgi g jdkfbrsf kjfsdjrsdf brh dfdnkfdsafnhdfbdf dfdfhundfbdfdkaf dfjdbfds fdkjfbdsf dfdb fkd; fdfkhdsb fidfbdsfkj;sdbfib dfraibfdabfkjsdfbdk fdf fbdfkj f dfkdjfdksjbf d dkfbdfkjbfk dkfdfjdfsdafjdjfa fkhdfdkjfjhdfkb fkdfkjfjhahfkdhf dfkhfdfj jfdhdf kjfh jfdklh fjkhfd kjdfhj jkfdlh fdkjfdh jhdf dfjkfds hfk hkjf jkhfs klfjd kfldh fdsjfkdsfkjhsdfkjhfd jfkdflhasd dsjkflhdfd dkljhdhfdjklf fjdbklf df flkjdfjf fjkdhjfd kjbjfdk