Should Slenderman creator, Eric Knudsen be held responsible in the case for the arrest of two 12 year-old girls from Wisconsin?

• He caused paranormal issues with people

Eric Knudsen basically caused a lot of fear in people and even caused people to kill them selfs and even other people!If he didn't create slender man in the first place then none of this would have happened and we already have enough murder and suicide in this messed up World.

• The minds of young people are extremely curious and impressionable.

I am currently watching the 20/20 episode of the young girls who attempted to kill for the fictional character Slender Man.
    I cannot place judgement on the parents of the two girl's, but I do have an opinion. I am a parent of 3 and I love them so much. I cannot understand how in the world could signs be missed, number 1 a parent , number 2 a teacher? Sure life sometinmes can obscure reality.....IF YOU ARE A NEGLIGENT AND NEGLECTFUL PARENT!!!! I find it to be complete B.S. There are suddle changes in a teenagers character that are so obvious at this age, I mean I have a fulltime job and spend more time at work tjan at home, but when im home a pick up on changes lije tone of voice, eye contact, ect.. So dont try and make exscuses for your childs mistakes, dont sit there and say "Oh I didn't know", yes you did but didnt want to believe that these clues could lead to trouble. I am so sick of society covering up and making exscuses for the social media generation. It is our responsibility to police our children , people WAKE UP AND TAKE A LOOK AROUND, the problem began with internet access, since the early 90's society has began to hide from and in my opinion has become TWO-FACED. To simplify my comments , if you will go back to when you where growing up try and remember family just showing up for a visit on a Friday night, and when the phone rang it was either a long-distant relative checking in or an emergency call! Now if you will notice cell phone's having completely rebuilt our lifestyles, and have taken our relationships to a text instead of a phone call. Family dinner now involves a cellphone! Sure I accept change and appreciate the speed of communication but is it really worth the cost? I feel like it's far to late to go back, so all I can say is WAKE UP, look around and say yourselves " if i life wasn't so TWO-FACED i would tell you what i really think. People love who you are and be honest with your family.

• Saying he is responsible for other peoples actions is absurd.

The problem emerges when someone reacts to the information in a negative way. Your reaction to the information is 100% yours. In the case of the 12 year olds who people argue are young enough to be innocent the case still stands. Just because they may not be fully responsible for what they did doesn't mean its something they didn't do. Or something Eric Knudsen did. He only caused it. Saying he is responsible for other peoples actions is absurd.

• Not at all responsible

The author isn't at all responsible because the description of the motive given by the girl do not match Slenderman's actions in fanfics he's in. He doesn't enlist people to be his proxies, he has no mansion where he lives, and he doesn't manipulate people to kill each other. These girls are obviously making all the stuff up or mre obviously, mentally unstable.

• He is not at fault.

He just used his imagination to create a fictional character on the internet. It would be like blaming Rockstar games (creators of GTA) for when a car is stolen. I sincerely believe these girls had mental issues that hindered them from distinguishing fiction from reality. There are tons of 12 year olds that read these types of stories and don't attempt to murder people.

• Why would he be responsible?

First of all, Slenderman is a made up character to further "spook" people out (mostly teenagers). It's like the boogeyman. He's not real, he's simply made up. Where were the parents of these 12 year old girls? They should be held responsible as they are the ones that take care of them, not Eric Knudsen.

• It's just a story.

Slenderman is nothing but a story, and urban legend. It's a creepypasta for Godsakes. Charging him with a crime would be like charging every violent video game creator for every time that there was a school shooting for indiating it. It would thus lead to a slippery slope of cracking down on video games as this would lead to internet censorship on these type of stories.

• No, the girls are responsible.

There have always been characters and stories like Slenderman and people have not used those stories as an excuse to hurt people in the past. Obviously these two young girls had a mental problem and unfortunately used slenderman as an outlet to fuel their illness. If it wasn't this horror fiction it would have certainly been another and unless we want to outlaw all scary stories, then we cannot blame the creator.

• No, Eric Knudsen should not be held responsible.

No, even though Eric Knudsen might has been cited in creating the ideology behind Slenderman, in no way did he directly instruct the 12 year-old girls to attempt murder. While it might be hard for people to believe girls so young would act in such heinous fashion at their own free will, I believe it is possible.

• Knudsen never intended anyone to be harmed

Eric Knudsen is an artist and was inspired by writer Stephen King. People with imagination should not be punished for the actions of others. Knudsen did nothing to encourage violence and it was never his intention for people to carry out attacks on other people. He did not expect the character to become widely known.

• He is not responsible.

I do not think that Eric Knudsen can in any way be held responsible for the actions or arrest of these two 12 year-old girls. His writings are purely fiction, and not intended to influence peoples behaviour. If people decide to read too much into them, he cannot be held responsible for that.

>