• Please Take Away Smoking To Save A Life

I am doing an essay for school and thought I'd pick this topic. I strongly disagree when people say it's not a harm. Apparently, from the research I've gotten, you can get 14 types of cancer from it. I am probably not as old as everyone else here and I do not know as much. My age will not be said but just because I am younger doesn't mean I can't state my opinion. Not only is smoking dangerous for the smoker, it is dangerous for the people around them. They can get the cancers the smoker gets. They can die just as fast as the smoker can. Smoking causes many problems and can harm many people.

• It hurts the environment!!!!

Smoking doesn’t only affect the person who smokes; it actually affects the surrounding environment greatly. In fact, smoke and cigarette butts affect our environment the most resulting in land, air, and water pollution. Even the production of making cigarettes affects the environment. After hearing this, don’t you think that smoking should be illegal?
    Some smokers are unaware of smoking polluting the environment. Smokers are actually one of the direct contributors to environmental pollution. They breathe in about 4000 chemicals from the cigarette, and then breathed out into our environment. Think about it. That’s 4000 chemicals into our environment that doesn’t need to be there. If we all stop smoking, those 4000 chemicals will no longer be in the environment.
    The production of making cigarettes has a very big affect on our environment. Instead of using the land to grow tobacco, we could be using that land to grow food for the third world countries in the Middle East and Africa. Plus, tobacco plants sometimes carry pests and diseases, so tobacco farmers spray different chemicals on the plants to kill the pests and diseases. These sprays can be very harmful to the environment.
    The cigarettes are packaged and rolled in lots paper. This means that lots of trees are being torn down to make a product that will just destroy the environment even more. That’s a lose–lose situation. Trees are being wasted!! Fact is it takes one tree to produce 300 cigarettes.
    Some cigarettes take 18 months to 10 years to biodegrade, and some may never biodegrade. Think about what’s that doing to our environment! Did you know that worldwide, 2.1 billion pounds of garbage each year is generated from cigarette filters?! That’s a lot!
    If you take a look on the sidewalk, in the grass, and in the gutter, I will guarantee you that you will see a cigarette. These cigarettes on the ground can be harmful to many animals worldwide.

• Its just wrong

If you had a gun and you were shooting yourself in the foot and a policeman saw you, would he let you continue? NO! He would stop you and say that you not only endangering your life, but everyone else who is around you! You not only doing yourself harm, but also others. I find it very selfish.

• Yes smoking should be illegal

It should be illegal because it is bad for you and you get addicted to it just like drugs and it can kill you slowly but it will. That is why I think smoking should be illegal and you should support people to quit smoking because like I said before it will kill you.

• People die every year

I am a kid that doesn't want to die because of smoking and all that. This crisis will END! The world 🌎 needs your help, people. The world will not turn into a place where people everywhere are saying "hey, that dudes smoking. It looks cool let's do it too!" That is not what I want to see out

• You can have heart attacks.

My dad had a heart attack because of smoking, and he quit right after that. Also, my grandfather got over it, and now his lung is messed up. So, it should be banned because people are just hurting themselves. And who would let people do that? Also, they are wasting all of their money on smoking.

• Smoking should be illegal!

I am allergic to cigarette smoke and find it hard to breathe sometimes. The smell is putrid as well, and its very bad for the person smoking and worse for those around him/her. One cigarette contains over 4,000 toxic chemicals which enter your body as poisons, and there are more for the people around you because it is unfiltered for them.

• Smoking SHOULD be illegal.

Smoking should be illegal for everyone. If you smoke you are pretty much setting yourself up for an early death and possibly cancer. People should't have the choice, it should be illegal. Family's lose members everyday because of people who smoke and get cancer. Its just sad. PLEASE DO NOT SMOKE.

• The ugly truth

Smoking kills people what's so hard to understand about that? Do you not see the statistics?Thousands of people die each year because of smoking some of those people don't even smoke themselves. It's because of someone else's idiotic actions that the children the future of the USA are dying. Is it Fair for our children and Our children's children to die because of the actions of someone else?

• Harms not only the smoker but others

Smokers can smoke all they want if they were only harming themselves. But this is not true. Smoking not only affects the smoker but other people and the environment as well. Other non-smokers are inhaling the harmful chemicals. It is killing others. Many smokers throws away the cigarette butts on the ground everywhere. This act of littering is harming the environment and many different species. The harmful chemicals released into the environment leads to pollution and poor air quality for people to breathe.

• Right of choose

Hello, There are already strict measures in place to ban cigarettes, Also what right do we have to choose what other people do? Plus we have informed people on the health risks of smoking, So it is their own fault if they smoke. Also is it really necessary compared to major crimes? It is illegal to do robbery and murder, Should it really be illegal to smoke a cigarette

• It is not up to you how another treats their body.

Most areas have bans on public smoking already so person A's smoking rarely if ever effects person B anymore. If you are looking to have an affect on the environment or overall health/ body count, Your efforts and dollars would be better spent elsewhere. Tax dollars should not be allocated to control unwanted behavior.

• No it shouldn’t

The people need to be responsible and make decisions for themselves and if they choose to smoke, That’s their problem. The smoker probably already knows that cigarettes have a negative effect on their body, And it’s their decision if they want to stop. And no, Just by one person smoking does not mean it could kill others! If people don’t like their habit, They can seek help. However, Many people enjoy smoking! It is the people’s rights.

• No it should not

Its the peoples opinion and they can do what they want. It is a free country in North America and the people can smoke if they want. Even though our economy is messed up from all the things that we have done over the years, At least there is one thing that keeps people happy and that distracts from our bad economy. Lastly my dad was in the army and the only way he got breaks was to have a smoke break and if you take away smoking from them you would be making solders go through harsh conditions for multiple hours without a break.

• Smoking should not be illegal

There are way too many people that already smoke cigarettes, And if they stop smoking they will go into withdrawal symptoms. Also, The people that are already addicted will be getting arrested for smoking even though they can't control it. There would also be a lot more gang wars happening.

• It is your own choice to smoke

Yes i know about second hand smoking but pollution already basically messes up our lungs enough whats a little bit of cigarette smoke once in a while. If you are getting that second hand smoking then go somewhere else where you aren't. Its not that hard. And for the actual smoker, they got themselves into it. If it was peer pressured to have a few as a teenager or at any age its not enough to gget addicted. When you get addicted it is on that person for smoking so much.

• Omg im so glad that all of you 93 % agree with me! It is so bad in health.

Smoking is dangerous. It can harm you. It makes it so you cant live long. People complain why they are ugly, well they shouldnt be smoking. It also can turn into second hand smoke. Someday I hope that everyone can realize that what they are doing is wrong. Love Kylee

• Cigarettes Should, but Additive Free Cigarettes, Cigarillos, Smoking Pipes, Cigars, E-Cigarettes, and Vapes... Not so much.

Cigarettes are terrible for a person. Vapes and E-Cigs, however, are 95% less harmful as it isn't smoke, it's vapor. Nothing but water, flavoring, and nicotine, vaporized like mist. Cigars and Pipes have almost no nicotine and smokers of these ave been seen to live a few years longer. Natural Cigarettes and Cigarillos are still harmful because of Tar and Chlorine in natural cigarettes, but they are sure a hell of a lot more healthy than the chemical pumped excuses for cigarettes. Tobacco has grown stronger since the 1800s, and as it grows, so should our regulations.

I'm Aren A. (12)

• Smoking is a right

People should be allowed choice in the matter of what they do in their lives. If they are content with the potential risks involved with smoking and understand their situation, they have every right to enjoy themselves in any way they please. It is incredibly selfish to try and force someone to act a certain way. Everyone knows cigarettes are bad, but people should be allowed to smoke regardless.

• It's none of your business

It is the same reason I am pro choice: you cannot tell an adult what to do with their body. Smoking in areas with kids and teens, however, is a big no no. I think that smoking should be discouraged, but not banned. This is America, we are supposed to be free.

Anonymous says2013-05-07T13:35:58.457
Smoking should be illegal because it is very bad for you and people around you for various reasons... Like nicotine can reach your brain in just 10 seconds, thats faster than cocaine can reach your brain!