• Smoking kills you

Smoking can cause 14 kinds of cancer and harms everyone around you. You can get a lot of other diseases and you are less able to fertilize a woman it also damages the stremm an the woman egg cells are lesss fertilizable. Also it harms the environment. Smoking kills for sure

• It should be illegal!

Many people have died from smoking! People not only kill them self from smoking, but people and animals around them self! And sense a lot of people think smoking should be illegal and I do to! So let us be smart, and make smoking illegal once and for all beings!

• Smoking is stupid

Because word word word word word word word word word word so word word word word word and also if yer still reading this tell me why in the comment section and sub to my YouTube channel called vinixx23rd word word word like my vid and I hate smoking for a reason and I don't know the reAson

• Smoking is horrible

I just dont get why teens and people think smoking is "cool" why is it suddenly cool to breath in smoke and slowly kill yourself and even harm others with second hand smoke imagine this: your friends, family, and even random children are being harm just because you enjoy inhaling smoke. Like does that even make sense! Whoever created smoking, shame on you

• It should be

You're killing yourself slowly as you smoke, think about the people around you, would you risk your life for a little taste of pleasure? When you harm yourself you harm the people around you. Just think somebody loves you, imagine you are that person, the human that you love is killing themself!

• Smoking should obliviously be banned!!!!!!

Smoking is a great harm to nearly everything. I am not the only one that would say this but even a pre-teenager like me knows how many problems there are with smoking. I certainly believe that smoking should be banned everywhere, if it isn't banned it will only make more people start smoking and it will make more of a problem. The quicker smoking is banned the less time there will be for people to start smoking.

• Smoking should be illegal!!!!!

Smoking can very easily ruin your lungs and most of the time people, know that but don't care at all. Smoking can give you cancer, second hand smoke can also give you cancer. Smoking can turn your lungs black from tar. Tar can get clogged in your lungs, and you will not be able to breathe. These and many more reasons are why I think that smoking should be illegal.

• Killing of people!!

Just think about it, when you smoke in front of people, there are second hand smoking, and that's even more dangerous than first hand smoking!! Tbh you need to be more considerate of others, and think what if there are kids around, you are infecting their lungs as well as anyone else around you!! Your wasting your money for another thing. You work hard (or you should) to get that money and then you just waste it!!! Your damaging yourself and that's basically suicide, because you are harming yourself, and sooner or later you are going to die because your lungs can't handle and wasnt meant to handle that sort of air!

• Absolutely..AND marijuana smoking, too.

Intentionally burning, inhaling and exhaling ANY combustible material for the intention of adhering to an addiction or pleasure should be illegal and prison penalties be imposed. Nicotine addiction and THC addiction is on the same level as heroin - only difference is innocent people are subjected physically to its affects - smell and second hand smoke. Fill the prisons, I say.

• It should be illegal

84% of lung cancer deaths are from smoking. That number could continue to increase. For hundreds of years people have been smoking. For hundreds years people have been blind to how dangerous it is, until now. Smoking needs to be illegal in Indiana.

When someone smokes, the toxins that are put into the air do not only affect them; they affect everyone around them. When you inhale smoke from another person, it is called second hand smoke. When smoke passes through your airways,the cleaning mechanism is your lungs called cilia, slow down and stop working. Also, as you inhale, you are putting 7000 different chemicals into your body. 70 of which, cause cancer. In children, this is even worse. Because they might not be able to get away from it, the chance of asthma attacks, respiratory infections, and ear infections, becomes much higher.

Also, do you know how much smokers spend a week? What about a year, or even a lifetime? If you look at the average cost of cigarettes, it is $6 -$12 dollars a pack. Even if you don't think that is a lot, you would be surprised of how much that actually adds up to. $160, $8,500, and 2,000,000 are the amounts of money spent for a week, year, and a lifetime. At that rate someone would have to work for 45 minutes, just to buy one pack. They waste so much money that families could be saving for much more important things, such as their kids, or even plain food and water.

But sadly, smoking does really affect put youth. MIke Voulo, an assistant professor of sociology who studies youth behavior and substance abuse in youths says, “29% of children are influenced by parents to start smoking. They are not only influenced by parents, but sibling as well. “ Little brothers and sisters look up to their older siblings, and its a shame when someone they look up to sets a bad example. And all it was for, was a pack of cigarettes. Now the average age for someone to start smoking, is 14-18 years of age.

• No it shouldn't at all!

Smoking is bad. Yes it causes, cancer, yes it can kill you but... Take away smoking people will still do it and people will lose jobs. This will also take away money to the government. Think about it, they are thinking of even making junk food illegal. Sure you can take away smoking but you're also taking away our rights! Our economy is screwed up enough as it is. So think about it America, do you want to banned smoking? Think about it. I am not a smoker. I am even a middle scholar but I'm still learning how messed up our economy is. America, sad but true. I do not smoke and I hate the idea that my dad does but it's still horrible to take away our rights. Think and make the right decision...

• Should smoking be gone

No because look I may be a kid but it needs to stay because my mom and dad smoke. So they already pay for tobacco so why make them pay some 50 bucks or a hundred. And if they don't have tobacco then they get mad at me for no reason because they can't smoke. Plus we have the right to have a choice so don't ban it.

• It would only create problems.

If smoking was to be banned the effects of it would greatly harm society. It is better to leave it as it is and let smokers hurt themselves. Eventually with all of the anti-smoking propaganda exposed to children these days, it won't be long until smoking will be just disappear.

• NO! Of course it shouldn't be illegal.

If someone wishes to harm themselves by smoking, they should be allowed to do so. Why should it be any one else's business? Who are you to tell them not to? Don't take away people's rights and freedom. In addition, a ban on tobacco would never work. Cigarettes would be sold on the black market, crime rates would go up just as we see with the drug war. And where do you think the money needed to enforce a ban on tobacco will come from? The taxpayers!

• Smoking should not be illegal

Danger to health is a matter of degrees. I am not a smoker and absolutely hate the smell of smoke. I also am offended by those who do and turn our Earth into their ashtray by flicking their ashes and butts anywhere they like. However, if that is someone's desire to inflict a potential disease upon themselves, so be it, as long as it is in a controlled manner and does not affect those around them.

• No

I do not think that it should be illegal. Every citizen has the right to make a choice no matter how bad a choice it is. They need to just apply a larger tax to them that will fund the education of teaching kids to not smoke and to fund the medical treatment of cancer.

• No, smoking should not be illegal

Even though smoking is bad for you and It's been proven to cause cancer, I don't believe it should be illegal. That would be just another ban on freedom. Making smoking illegal will not stop people from smoking, It's an addiction. Instead, people will buy it illegally and government won't get the taxes on it.

• It Wouldn't Work and the Consequences of a Ban Are Not Worth It

People would continue to smoke. You would find that across the country workers at retail shops that sell cigarettes would suddenly disappear along with lots of missing cartons just before the ban went into effect. The black market would flood with cigarettes and different dealers would fight turf wars over it. Violent crime would go up. There would be DEA raids over cigarettes. There would be false alarms where innocent people are killed in raids just as there are now in the war on drugs.

• Possible Effect (Smokers)

If smoking were to be illegal, then the number of complaints we would hear would sky rocket! Because think of the people that would have to quit smoking, I could only imagine how hard it is, and WE have to live with them! That means that the kids with parents that smoke would watch their mom or dad popping pills in the kitchen to quit smoking! And then they if they can't do it, they get a ticket or something? How fair does that seem!?

• NO!!!!! It SHOULD'NT!!!

My father smokes and is trying to stop. Therefore concluding that people CAN stop if they try hard enough. My Grandmother is living proof that you are able to stop. Of course it could kill you, but the economy would fall apart without salesmen, and the buyers of the product.

Anonymous says2013-05-07T13:35:58.457
Smoking should be illegal because it is very bad for you and people around you for various reasons... Like nicotine can reach your brain in just 10 seconds, thats faster than cocaine can reach your brain!