• Yes it should be a crime

I agree spanking anyone of any punishment even home, school, judicial cor pal punishment should be a crime in any way because it is a cruel and unusual punishment and teaches everyone including children and adults and criminals to become violent when they suffer abuse. Listen to me i have better rights to criminals and children instead of cor-pal punishment OK. Best punishment is for children is no jail time and no spanking including school children is time out or detention or grounded.

• Spanking Children Crime

I personally think that people disagree on whether spanking is good or bad. Many European countries have banned spanking outright. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child has outlawed all physical discipline, even within families. However, the vast majority of American parents spank their young children at some point, and most Americans believe that spanking is a legitimate form of discipline.

• No, There is nothing wrong with a little discipline.

My nana, My mother's mom used to baby sit for a living and she would spank her kids she was responsible for if they ran out of the road or disrespected her or was a bully to another kid but she had the parents permission to do so. Now her 'kids' are some of her best friends and she is someone they look up to and thanks to her spanking her kids she babysat they now know what to do and not to do. This generation of parents are trying to raise a tough generation of kids I personally will spank my children if they do something like run in the middle of the street because I won't want to lose them to a stupid action of a little kid because he didn't know any better because his parent didn't discipline him. There is nothing wrong with spanking your children, In my opinion because it teaches them to respect and behave. This is where action comes in. However, This is not a justification to abuse your child! There IS a difference in discipline and abuse. Discipline takes place when your child you are responsible for is doing something to harm himself or others around him. Abuse takes place when your child does nothing wrong at all or if you slap him across the face with your hand. Spanking is on the child's butt and only there! Otherwise it should be considered abuse. This generation has become so disrespectful to authority, Parents and other kids. It's time to parent! Teach them how to respect authority. They look up to their parents! Now, Everyone is so caught up on political correctness and so focused on what everyone else is doing just parent how you know what is right and discipline! PLEASE!

• No but it needs limits

In the olden days kids got pratically beat with all types of paddles, rods, straps, switches, shoes, etc. sometimes they would go too far. However a milder type is ok as long as the kid knows why they're being punished and don't do it until they have cuts or bad bruises. Sometimes, such as if a kid continually misbehaves or outright disrespects you or runs out into the road, then it's a fine option as lecturing would take too long and grounding wouldn't be feasible. The hand or impement used shouldn't be anything more than a light paddle or brush usually use something like a hand or flyswatter, which are not dangerous. Overall kids can be spanked but there is certainly limits on how far and in the situation it is used.

• No, not a flat, definite crime.

While I do not agree with spanking, I do not think it should be a crime in and of itself. There have to be limits, though. A short swat is usually no big deal, but when it crosses the line over into child abuse and more severe physical punishment, then action should be taken.

• No, every parent has done something regrettable.

Beating a child is one thing and it should definitely be a criminal act. However, spanking implies a swat or a slap and sometimes this is enough to scare a child into seeing something they have done is dangerous. And sometimes a parent just loses it and spanks and later regrets it.

• Abuse is a Crime, Not Spanking

Parents should be allowed to spank their children, but not the point that it leaves bruises or red marks. Corporal punishment is way to teach lessons, even if it is hurtful to the child. Spanking children shouldn't be made illegal because sometimes there are reasons for spanking that have nothing to do with abuse.

• No It Shouldn't

I do not believe spanking children should be made a crime. Some people use spanking as a form of punishment for their children and when implemented properly I believe it can be helpful to parents. As a parent I don't use spanking typically, but I do use it occassionally under bad circumstances. I think it is unfair for the government to dictate what is right and wrong for parents and their own children.

>