• Sports should stay

In the development of the economy, environment and society:

Teaching Teamwork - just yesterday, my girls' team finished thrid in a sprint relay. Two of the girls hated each other off the track, but they recognise the need to worj together to achieve success, and after a rocky start, they now actually speak!

Promoting Health - the most obvious benefit. By keeping people fit and healthy, sport is a form of preventative medicine, physically and mentally. Children who are involved in sport are generally fitter and much more alert, this has health benefits as well as helping with the child's academic studies.

Tackling Social Exclusion - participating in sporting activities increases people's sense of integration into their local community in both urban and rural areas. On a football field or basketball court you make friends from a broad social spectrum.

Community Safety - sport reduces the chances of young people slipping into lives of crime. There is a reduced risk of a person re-offending if he can be encouraged to participate in sport.

Increasing Employment - sport fields provide green 'lungs' for towns and cities, while new facilities can regenerate previously derelict land. In the countryside, many sports such as canoeing, sailing and mountaineering, contribute to health and sustainability of the rural economy.

Lesson for Life - children need to learn lessons that will stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives - a process in which sport can play a key role. It teaches people the benefits of self discipline, team work, mutual respect and fair play. It enables youngsters, in particular, to channel their energy, competitiveness and aggression in a personally and socially beneficial way.

Urban Regeneration - improving sports facilities and hosting sporting events can modernise an area's image and improve local self esteem. Such benefits are often intangible, but their knock on effects can be truly substantial.

The Value of Volunteers - voluntary activity is a key element in creating and sustaining an active and inclusive society, and that sport is one of the main ways in which people choose to put something back into their communities.

In short, sport is important to everyone. Millions benefit directly, through active participation. For millions more, the benefits are less direct but no less important.
    All pasted from https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080303102242AA7wWq7
    :D

• Sports are good to keep at schools

Sports have been played at schools for years. Schools should teach kids for their lives. Sports are a thing that may need to be used in students lives. Football and other sports can be dangerous but they are a good experience for students. Sports really should be kept in schools.

• They Are Beneficial

Sports teach students life skills such as teamwork and leadership. It also helps to keep students out of trouble. It can also allow students to have a way to release their aggression in a controlled environment. Whether you like it or not school sports are as much a part of American society as apple pie.

• Sports should stay!

Who cares about getting more money by cutting sports programs? What is more important, child education or money? I know for a fact that sports should stay. Here are some reasons. First, it relives stress of upcoming tests or essays. Second, gives children more opportunities in collage and life. Last but not least. Its fun! Why get rid of something that your child enjoys. Anything to make your child happy, Right?

• Sports should stay!

• Sports give kids confidence about themselves

Being apart of a team is not only heartening, but it give people a sense that they are liked and accepted among their peers. They would be more confident and they would get better grades in school. Some might think that they could get hurt but if they wore all of their gear and listened to their coaches they would most likely not get hurt.

• Sports are fun

Sports keep kids entertained and help them to stay focused. This also keeps kids and adults physically fit and healthy on the inside. Sure injuries are possible, but the risk are worth the amount of fun you have and the friends you make playing sports. Some kids would be lost without sports.

• Sports release stress

Have you ever been at work and went out side because you needed fresh air? Well us kids cant do that. We have to stick it out till the end of the day. Sports can help us with that. Shootin some hoops or getting behind some pads and knockin around is our "breath of fresh air". Sure, people get injured, but thats students choice. Don't wanna get hurt? Then don't sign up for it in the first place.

• Yes sports are great for schools

Sports should not only be allowed in schools they should be encouraged in schools. You can learn so much from being on a sports team that can shape you as a person. You also get a chance to get exercise which is important in society today, and have fun as a kid.

• Yes. Banning them would stink

Schools that have sports give kids something to look forward to every day. Also considering how much time they take up it will keep kids out of trouble. Rivalries make it even better because it keeps kids trying hard and focusing. Sports are a necessity for a childs health! So they should stay in schools

• No! Sports are a great way to get injured!

No sports shouldn't be allowed in schools because It can cause a lot of injuries! Some people even die in football! ANd It cost so much money for sports! For example: New bleacher,New uniforms, hire new substitutes for the coach because he is in another town for another game,etc. PLus you can get way behind in school. LIke pretend you have a huge test tomorrow that will impact 80% of your grade but the night before the test you have practice till 3:00 to 8:00! You get home it's 8:15 then you change into other clothes 8:30 go downstairs for dinner 8:31 have dinner 9:00 and you have 5 chapters to study and then you have track tomorrow at 6:00 It's 10:30 and you only got one chapter done! How will you make it?!?

• People are getting injured

I don't think there should be sports aloud , because people in the NFL and the NBA keep getting hurt like breaking bones, concussions or even sprained ankles. I seen n college that a guy named Kevin ware broke his knee. That is why there should be no contact sports.

• No no no

Sports should stay! Who cares about getting more money by cutting sports programs? What is more important, child education or money? I know for a fact that sports should stay. Here are some reasons. First, it relives stress of upcoming tests or essays. Second, gives children more opportunities in collage and life. Last but not least. Its fun! Why get rid of something that your child enjoys. Anything to make your child happy, Right?

• Why world why!

It just doesn't make sense to go and watch your child injure him or herself out with other kids, who- depending on the sport- will be doing likewise, If i remember correctly, schools are made to learn, not hurt, (although now a days they sometimes do that and just that)

• Some children can play school sports and keep their grades up so thats not fair to them.

Whats the point of playing school sports if you cant keep your grades up. If you play sports and have an bad education your not going anywhere. So you need to be able to have an high level education. You need to have higher 8th grade education to play an profestional sport

• Mental health and self-worth

I know for a fact that sport at school is the reason I do not play sports now. I was picked last, Teased for my inability to play well. Now when I see a ball I freak out and when sport comes up I can’t breathe. I think a morning run is fine for primary kids, But making sport compulsory into secondary year-groups is unecessary. It was the worst part of my week and I dreaded it, To the point where I would drink liquids that would induce vomitting and punch myself in the nose to get a nosebleed so I didn’t have to be in the class. Get rid of it!

• Mental health and self-worth

• Separate sports from education

Physical education should remain a part of school curriculum, But sports for the sake of a career should be separated out just like vocational school. Focusing on education other than sports would most likely raise the level of success for many. Sports education can still exist, But basic education should come first. Very few end up in a sports career, But most everyone will need a job.

• We should not have school sports because of stupid debate thing at school

Because it costs a lot of money to join sports at schools and it costs a lot of money to pay for uniforms. Keeping grades up is a major issue for kids that do sports at schools. I am 11 in your face. And Kara is sitting next to me.