Should Stephen Colbert run for president in the 2020 presidential election?

• An intelligence and sincerity that runs even deeper than I thought

As much as I love watching his monologues, and as much as I loved The Colbert Report, the one moment that defined how I see Colbert took place on C-Span of all things when he reported to Congress regarding his day working as an immigrant. After the pre-written speech was done, and after he briefly shelved his "Republican Colbert" personality, Colbert took questions from members of Congress. In response to one question about why he chose this issue, specifically, to shed light on, Colbert took a moment to think about it and scuffed the back of his head. And then in what seemed to be an unrehearsed answer, he said that he has always felt this need to help those who have the least amount of power in our society. To my complete surprise, I burst into tears. After endless months of witnessing Trump's unhinged administration and deplorable policies and abhorrent responses to crises, Colbert's unpretentious, natural gut response to that question, even though the clip itself is years old, was just so uplifting and downright *good* that I almost couldn't handle it. It felt like I had just released a breath I didn't know I had been holding. If there are men like Stephen Colbert in the world, men who continue to use their influence to care for the victims and underdogs in our community (whether he does this as President 2020 or just continues to be the wonderful, thoughtful entertainer and voice he is), then hope is not lost.

• Please do it!

We need You! We are in a mess and need someone to believe in. Not a fake "anti establishment" self serving puppet master. A true peoples President, with the ability to admit short comings, and defer to others. One with a heart that is filled with compassion and understanding. Not ego...

• Please do it!

• The perfect antidote to Trump

Stephen is a lot more than just a comedian. He is a wise chronicler of our age, who uses his abilities as a comic to cut to the heart of so many important and difficult issues. He really is everything that Trump is not. If Trump is to be beaten we need a candidate that can beat him at his own game. We need a Washington outsider, with a strong and like able public image. Stephen could be that, and once elected he would make a great president. He is inexperienced, but sensible enough to surround himself with experienced advisers.

• Yes, please yes

He has shown an ability to recognize and talk about problems that are obliterating the past. He is very entertaining, which can bring about more involvement from young voters. He is not afraid to call a tool, a tool. He is thin, handsome, and has significant t.v. fame; all qualities that can garner a disconcerting amount of political success. I just hope to God that he's never posted pictures of his junk online...Well, actually with the success of "Game of Thrones", that may be necessary to reel in some of the " deplorable" population. Just saying.

• I've known him all his life. Colbert would be a brilliant President.

I've known Stephen since middle school. The man you see on television: intelligent, passionate, fair, kind, honest and hard working - is the truth of him. If anything, he is even more decent and humble in real life. I love our country and America could not possibly do better. He may yet save us all. Pray that he runs.

• After GW I thought the country had learned its lesson. WRONG!

GW can relax now, he is no longer the worst of the worst. We need a third party now. Enough with team politics both parties are paying the price for ego votes. Colbert has the brains of Obama with the added ability of being able to communicate to the common person. This country will not survive the path it is on, We must get off the team mentality, that is truly the only way America will be great again.

• He is Clearly Qualified

Although he uses it for comedy, Stephen displays an incredible ability to analyze political situations and knowledge of how the government, the constitution and foreign policy work. True, he wouldn't be allowed to continue running his show once in the white house, and maybe he would decline just because of that. However, he has incredible intelligence in the political field and would make an amazing president.

• Of course he should run.

He is not a bigot, sexist, idiot or embarrassment which obviously cannot be said about our president-elect, trumplethinskin. Attempt to apply any argument as to why one might think con man don will make an acceptable president and it justifies Colberts' future administration. One major difference between the two is Stephen wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Another important difference is he never bankrupted any businesses.

• I don't see it happening.

Steven Colbert is not only grossly unqualified he would most likely treat his candidacy as a joke (which admittedly would be pretty funny). People mention President Trump, but remember he was a businessman. He ran a billion dollar business and that takes administration. I just don't see Colbert running. His show is funny though.

• Stephen Colbert is a good comedian but that doesn't make him a good public servant.

A good president is someone who cares about the population and wants to protect the nation and improve the lives of the people in the country. He is a good public servant. Stephen Colbert is a man who makes jokes at what is going on in popular culture. He should first show evidence that he can play the role of a strong public servant in a lesser role before trying to be president.

• No, I'm sure he wasn't serious...

He said several times that he wants to only run in South Carolina. So even if he gets a party to sponsors him and even if by some miracle he wins the South Carolina primary (which really isn't out of the realm of possibility) Without doing the primary's for the other 49 states means he would have no chance. But he is a Democrat that poses as a Republican on a show. If he'll actually go through with it then he will most likely be an independent.

• Not quite qualified

I understand that Stephen Colbert has a good grasp on what is happening in politics, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. However, I don't think he is truly qualified to be President. I understand that this hasn't seemed to stop certain candidates this election cycle, but it just creates such a circus when a celebrity gets involved.

>